QuickBooks error support becomes necessary when technical snags and glitches arise from different triggers. You need to understand from where these issues arise and implement relevant troubleshooting. However, it can be challenging especially when you aren’t from a technical background. Let’s delve deeper into knowing the QuickBooks error codes and what QB error support can do for you.
If you have ever encountered an error while using QuickBooks, you know how time-consuming and frustrating resolving these errors can be. One can encounter many different types of QuickBooks errors while working with QuickBooks on Windows and Mac operating systems. These common errors can be classified into three major groups, i.e., Technical, accounting, and banking errors. These categories can further be divided into numerous sub-categories that we have listed further in this article. With this article, we will introduce you to the most common QuickBooks error codes list and reveal why these errors appear and how to properly address each of them for a quick solution.
If QuickBooks error codes are frustrating and you can’t seem to get out of them, dial the error support number +1- 855 738 2784 now and eliminate all your worries instantly
What is meant by QuickBooks Error Codes?
A QuickBooks error code generally appears when some technical issue arises in the application, files, and related components. Whether there are network connectivity issues, damaged essential files, missing Windows components, outdated applications, etc. All these can lead to errors in QuickBooks functioning.
Common QuickBooks errors appear with a code on the screen. This code helps user research online or communicate with professionals so that they can suggest appropriate troubleshooting. Some recurring error codes are 6000-series errors, H-series, 15XXX-series, etc. All these errors represent a specific issue that can be resolved with a few steps.
What is QuickBooks Error Support?
QuickBooks enterprise error support is what becomes necessary when the errors/ error codes do not get resolved. Several QuickBooks experts are available at a specific toll-free number to connect with the users suffering from issues in QB. These experts can share knowledge about the QuickBooks application, its glitches, and the resolution methods.
Types of QuickBooks Errors
Whether it is a bug in the application or user inattentiveness that has caused the error. Resolving QuickBooks enterprise errors is always the absolute priority. Understanding the QuickBooks error codes helps you identify the cause of the error, failed component, and the immediate actions that might be needed for a quick fix. Following are the main categories under which most of the QuickBooks errors fall:
QuickBooks Technical Errors
A technical error is defined as a fault or bug in the application that produces unexpected or incorrect results. Technical errors encountered by QuickBooks users are most commonly caused by incorrect application setup or lack of attention by the user while performing any operation. Following are some of the most common QuickBooks error messages that fall under the technical error category:
- QuickBooks Error 3371 – This is one of the most common QuickBooks Desktop error that arises while activating QuickBooks Desktop application and displays an error message “Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
- QuickBooks Error H202 – This multi-user mode error is mostly encountered by QuickBooks Enterprise users where multiple computers access the company file stored on the server in the network. The error code once encountered, QuickBooks displays “Network Diagnostics: Failed. Resolve Errors and Retry!!” or “The QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer started and then stopped” error message.
- QuickBooks Error 6000 – While opening or restoring the QuickBooks company file users might encounter this error code after which the error message “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Error Codes: (-6000, -83). is displayed to the user”
- QuickBooks Error 1603 – This is an internal application error that arises while installing QuickBooks Desktop and throws an error message “Error 1603. The update installer has encountered an internal error.” on users screen”
- QuickBooks Error 6123 – This application error hinders company file operations, and whenever a user tries to open the company file QuickBooks gives an error message “Error: -6123, 0 We’re Sorry, QuickBooks can’t open the company file.”
- QuickBooks Error H505 – H series of errors are quite common in QuickBooks and once a user encounters such error codes starting with H QuickBooks displays “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting” error message.
- QuickBooks Error 6190 – One another QuickBooks company file error that once encountered QuickBooks displays, “QuickBooks is Unable to Open this Company File Error Codes: (-6190, -816)” error message.
- QuickBooks Error 15222 – QB Error Code 15222 is a very common payroll-related error that appears while running payroll in QuickBooks and is displayed under the Update QuickBooks window.
- QuickBooks Error 404 – This is one such common error that can interrupt operations in both QuickBooks Online and Desktop app. You might face error code QuickBooks while using web-based services related to QuickBooks like go-payments and intuit® data protect.
- QBDBMGRN Not Running Error – If you are running QuickBooks in multi-user mode, then there are possibilities that you can encounter database manager related error. Such errors when encountered, include the QuickBooks error message “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer“and “QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped” error message to the user.
Error support becomes crucial to fix technical errors in QuickBooks.
Getting in Touch with Technical Troubleshooting Team at +1- 855 738 2784 is the Best Way to Get Help Resolving any Technical Glitch in QuickBooks
QuickBooks Accounting Errors
An accounting error in QuickBooks can be a discrepancy in the accounting records, compensating errors, payroll mistakes, errors in auditing, costing errors, clerical errors, etc. These errors are usually caused by inaccuracies in the data entered by the user. Down below listed is the QuickBooks error code list in accounting:
- Incorrect W-2 Filled – During the tax season, it is quite common to make mistakes while filing your taxes. One such mistake that might get you a penalty from the IRS is filling incorrect W-2 forms for your employees.
- QuickBooks Error 3140 – This is a common accounting error that appears in QuickBooks with error code 3140 and displays an error message “Status Code 3140. There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks item xxxx in the invoice line. QuickBooks error message: invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.”
- Reconcile Opening Balance does not Match with Statement – If you encounter such an error where your opening balance is not matching with the statement balance, then you need to reconcile all the accounts in QuickBooks to fix such QuickBooks error messages.
- Incorrect QuickBooks Profit and Loss Reports – While comparing reports if you notice that the profit and loss reports are not matching in QuickBooks then you will need to make some necessary changes to the app settings to resolve the error.
- Incorrect COGS in QuickBooks – While reconciling the accounts in QuickBooks , you might notice incorrect figures in your COGS account. This is a common discrepancy that can be resolved quickly by applying basic troubleshooting.
QuickBooks Banking Errors
Managing your bank account and transactions using QuickBooks is the most convenient way to manage your online banking financial data. One can face specific Intuit error codes while using different features of QuickBooks Online banking. Those are listed below:
- QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 – One more online banking error in QuickBooks that appears with an error message “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222).”
- QuickBooks Online Banking Error 9999 – This error troubles QuickBooks users updating bank account in QuickBooks and displays an error message “Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later (9999).”
- OL 301 and OL 393 Error – These are some of the most common bank connection error that QuickBooks users face while connecting your bank account with QuickBooks and require a QuickBooks error support number.
- QuickBooks Error 2000 – This is one such banking error that restricts you from downloading transactions from your banking website and displays an error message “QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download.”
- QuickBooks Error 179 – If you are automatically disconnecting from your bank account in QuickBooks then most likely you have encountered QuickBooks error code 179.
- QuickBooks Banking Error 102: This issue indicates QBO’s inability connect with the bank’s website. The error emerges when the bank’s site is unreachable, their server is under maintenance, or data transfer between QB and bank has been attempted.
- QuickBooks Banking Error 105: The financial institution website’s inaccessible, leading to this error. All you need to do is choose the update option from the banking page to rectify this error. Or else, wait for a few hours for bank servers to start working again.
QuickBooks Desktop Errors
The errors arising while using QuickBooks Desktop are termed QuickBooks Desktop error codes. These are explained as follows:
- Error 80070057 in QuickBooks: This error restricts users from opening a company file. It says, “Error 80070057: The Parameter is incorrect,” and that you don’t have enough permissions to delete the files. Firewall ports blockage or continuously trying to open the QB app can lead to this error.
- QuickBooks Error 5502: It is a sync error, arising due to incomplete syncing. The warning message for the error states, “QuickBooks data has been uploaded but failed to connect to the server.” Various reasons for the error involve outdated sync manager, third-party blockage, or virus or malware in the system.
- QuickBooks Error 4 in Event Log: This error message arises due to various reasons and have numerous descriptions. The main reason for its occurrence is incorrect .NET Framework 4.0 SP 1 on Windows 7 Computer. Its error messages include “QuickBooks EventID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle,” and “Event ID error 4: Failed in loading the ConfigEngineBridge library” or “WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE”.
Some of the most common sub-categories of QuickBooks errors are as follows:
QuickBooks Desktop Error | QuickBooks Payroll Error | QuickBooks Company File Error | QuickBooks Backup Error | QuickBooks Online Banking Error | QuickBooks Reconciliation Error | QuickBooks Data Error | QuickBooks Multi-User Error | QuickBooks Point of Sale Error | QuickBooks Update Error | QuickBooks Installation Error | QuickBooks Subscription Error | QuickBooks Print Error | QuickBooks Online Error | QuickBooks Email Error | QuickBooks Bank Feed Error | QuickBooks License Error | QuickBooks Script Error | Intuit® Data Protect Error | QuickBooks Export Error
There are several QuickBooks error codes that can arise in the QB desktop and online app while used, and we have listed the most common of them above in the article. If the QuickBooks error code you are getting is not listed in this article, then you can manually search for the error in our QuickBooks error database on our website. The search field is at the top right side of the website, and in case if you need the help of an expert identifying the error that you are facing, then you can reach us at our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1- 855 738 2784.
What are some of QuickBooks payroll error codes?
Some of the QB payroll errors include:
- QuickBooks Payroll errors 12002, 12157, and 12031
- QuickBooks Payroll error PS077 and PS033
- QuickBooks Error Code 15276, 15242, 15243, 15270, 15263, 15311, 15215
- Payroll service error- Connection Error
- QB Payroll Error 30159
- QuickBooks Payroll Setup Error 00000 XXXXX
- Error “failed to send usage data” while updating
What are some QuickBooks installation errors needing QB error support?
QuickBooks installation errors that might need error support are as follows:
- QuickBooks error code 1603, 1601, 1642, 1618
- QuickBooks Error Code 1321
- QuickBooks Install Error Code 1722
- QuickBooks Error 1402
- QuickBooks error 1920, 1935
Mention some other issues that may arise with QuickBooks.
Some other errors arising in QuickBooks include:
- Unable to create accountant’s copy
- QuickBooks Printer issues
- Unable to apply patch
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable errors
- QB unable to backup the company file
- QuickBooks TLS Error
- QuickBooks PDF Issues
Related Posts –
Getting QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Issue? Fix it now!
What is QuickBooks Data Migration Service & How to do Migration
Resolve QuickBooks 2023 Keeps Crashing Issues with this Comprehensive Guide
Why QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly and it’s Practical Solutions
QuickBooks Won’t Open? Here’s the Key to Solving it!