QuickBooks is a robust application designed to serve various business needs, including payroll processing. Errors are quite common while using the app, and most of the errors arise while updating the app and its features. QuickBooks, however, notify users to follow the recommended procedure to avoid such errors, and when the recommendations are avoided, QuickBooks become vulnerable to errors. One such error that we are going to discuss in this article is QuickBooks Error 15102, which is a payroll update error and appears when a user tries to download or install the latest payroll updates for detailed instructions, follow the entire article until the end.
Call Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 & Get Help Resolving QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102 Directly from Certified Experts
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 – Description
QuickBooks Payroll update requires various system resources to complete like properly functioning internet connection, Windows Admin Rights, and access to the update file download location. If any of the required components, stop functioning QuickBooks throw errors. Once you encounter payroll update error 15102, QuickBooks will display “Error 15102: Failed to reset update”. Down below, we have listed all the reasons that cause QuickBooks to display error code 15102.
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102
- You are using an incorrect download location path, or the download location is not available to download the updates.
- You are running QuickBooks in Multi-User mode.
- The error also appears when you are not logged in with a Windows Vista operating system admin account.
IMPORTANT: Before troubleshooting the error, ensure you have an active QuickBooks Payroll subscription and the Desktop app is updated to the latest released version.
The Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15102
Solution 1: Enable Single User Mode in QuickBooks
Updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll is a process that can only be performed when QuickBooks is running in single-user mode. Follow the instructions below to switch QuickBooks to single-user mode to resolve the error.
- If you are using QuickBooks in Multi-User mode, first log out all the users in the network.
- Open QuickBooks on the Workstation that is experiencing problems during the update.
- Click Switch to Single User under the File menu.
- Try to Update QuickBooks Payroll once again.
Solution 2: Verify Shared Download Location
If the shared download is turned on, QuickBooks will try to save the updates to the shared location, and in case if it is unavailable or not accessible at the moment, you will face error 15102. Follow the below instructions and verify if the shared download location is available to save the downloaded updates.
- Open QuickBooks, and from under the Help tab, click Product Information.
- Note down the location where QuickBooks will save the downloaded file.
- Now from under the Help tab, click Update QuickBooks.
- Now verify the download location under the Options tab.
- In case if the location is not correct, then change the location and select Yes for Shared Download and click Save.
Solution 3: Login as an Administrator on Windows
You cannot perform several tasks without admin rights, and one such task is downloading and installing the payroll updates. Run QuickBooks as an administrator using the steps below to quickly rectify the issue.
- Click the Start button and select the Switch User option.
- Choose an account that has administrative rights.
- Log in using the admin account.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Run payroll updates once again and check if you are still getting the payroll update error 15102.
Some users have reported getting the same error code 15102 ever after applying the suggested troubleshooting method, and if this is also the case with you, you need to contact Support for help. We might require to use advanced tools to rectify the QuickBooks error 15102, and you can call Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 for immediate help and assistance.