QuickBooks Payroll service allows users to run payrolls and e-file federal and state taxes easily and is considered the most cost-effective way to pay employees. A common error that users encounter while updating QuickBooks payroll is QuickBooks update error 15243, which evolves when QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) stops working due to some reasons. Once you get this error, you will see an Error message on the screen “Error 15243 – The update of payroll is not able to complete successfully. The QuickBooks FCS service is damaged”. To resolve this error, you need to follow multiple troubleshooting steps that we have mentioned further in our article.
However, if you have been trying to resolve the QuickBooks update error 15243 for too long and want a quick resolution, we suggest you call the certified team on the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784
What Causes QuickBooks update error 15243?
As a team of Technical experts, we suggest you must know the reasons why QuickBooks update error 15243 takes place. Having a list of reasons handy helps the user fix the issue effortlessly.
- QuickBooks Payroll that you are running is not having the latest tax table updates.
- QuickBooks FCS is not responding due to some reasons and causing QuickBooks update error 15243.
- QuickBooks File Copy service is not running or is having damage in it.
- You don’t have an active payroll subscription.
You might also get other errors related to the FCS service, like Error 15222, which occurs while updating the application. In such cases, you can simply follow the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned below for an easy resolution.
NOTE: Before proceeding further with the troubleshooting, make sure that your QuickBooks Payroll subscription is active.
Recommended To Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 61686
How to Fix QuickBooks FCS service is damaged error 15243?
You can fix QuickBooks FCS service is damaged error 15243 by using specific steps listed by experts. We have listed various troubleshooting steps, and by following them, we hope you will be free of this issue.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Verify your Payroll Subscription
If your payroll subscription is not active, it is common to see the QuickBooks update error 15243. Therefore, in this first troubleshooting step, we suggest you verify your payroll subscription.
- From the QuickBooks application’s dashboard, click My Payroll Service under the Employees tab.
- Select Account and Billing Information.
- Now close the Maintenance Page that appears on the window.
- Now QuickBooks will start validating Payroll Subscription.
- After the validation, payroll will start updating.
- On installing the updates, try running payroll once again and see if QuickBooks error code 15243 appears or not.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Application
Corruption or damage to the QuickBooks application is one reason for the QuickBooks update error 15243. Therefore, it is important to repair the QuickBooks Desktop Application. For complete instructions on repairing the QuickBooks Desktop app to fix Error 15243, follow our article on How to Repair QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Repair QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS)
In this third troubleshooting step, we will explain you how to repair the QuickBooks File Copy Service and eventually eliminate QuickBooks FCS service is damaged error 15243.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Inside the Run window’s search box, type services.msc and click OK.
- From the list of services, find and double-click Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Select the Manual option for the Startup type from the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
- Hit the OK button and open QuickBooks payroll.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Manually Install QuickBooks Desktop Updates
If none of the solutions above help you rectify issues installing payroll updates, you can manually get the updates installed as a temporary solution.
- Go to the QuickBooks Product Updates page by clicking here.
- Select your country, product, and version from the drop-down menus.
- Click the Get Updates button and save the file to an easily accessible location.
- Run the updates file and follow the instructions as they appear on the screen to update your QB Desktop application.
- Now, restart Windows and try to rerun the payroll updates.
Read Also – Resolve QuickBooks Error PS077
Troubleshooting Step 5: Close Conflicting Programs when QuickBooks FCS service is damaged
Another step that you can employ to solve the issue of QuickBooks FCS service is damaged is to close conflicting programs. After that, update the QuickBooks application and the payroll without a hint of QuickBooks support update error 15243.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on the taskbar to choose the Task Manager option.
- Highlight the following background processes and click on the End task button for each processes listed below.
- QBW32.exe or QBW.exe
- QBDBMgr.exe or QBDBMgrN.exe
- Navigate to the desktop screen and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option.
These are some basic troubleshooting that you can follow to resolve QuickBooks Update Error 15243 in QuickBooks Payroll. However, if you are still getting the same error even after following all the troubleshooting steps, this might be because of some errors in Windows components or because of infections present on the computer. We suggest you contact Tech Team at +1- 855 738 2784 and let one of our certified representatives connect with you for assistance.
What are the symptoms/signs of QuickBooks error 15243 windows 10 access is denied?
QuickBooks error 15243 windows 10 access is denied comes with certain signs. These signs are the early red flags that something is wrong with the QuickBooks payroll application. Some of the symptoms are:
- QuickBooks update error 15243 shows up, and the QuickBooks program window crashes.
- Your computer runs sluggishly.
- The system responds rather slowly to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- QuickBooks Payroll keeps sending the update notification.
- The payroll updates keep on failing.
What is QuickBooks File Copy Service?
Intuit.QuickBooks.FCS.exe file, also called the QuickBooks File Copy service, has the function to start and complete the update for QuickBooks and Payroll. As soon as the update process is initiated, this .exe file operates in the background. A disabled QuickBooks File Copy Service will affect the QuickBooks and QuickBooks Payroll update.
Related Posts –