QuickBooks error 1327 is among the severely affecting QB errors that can cause significant damage. However, worrying isn’t the way to go when we offer a comprehensive guide to educate you about the error. Find why you have encountered this issue and constructive ways of resolving it at the end of the blog.
QuickBooks is the leading accounting software that undoubtedly provides its users with the most reliable tools and features for the smooth run of their business. Nevertheless, there can be internal faults in the application that can lead to complicated and sometimes irrecoverable errors, like Error 1327 QuickBooks Desktop, an installation error. This issue indicates a problem with the destination drive that needs to be addressed and repaired.
A corrupted .NET Framework is the most significant contributor to this error. Also, it initiates a warning text saying, “The drive [X:] is invalid.” So, after understanding the meaning of this error, follow the blog below to learn about the reasons behind the glitch and the fixes for error 1327 QuickBooks desktop.
Unable to install QuickBooks due to Error 1327 popping on the screen? Fix the issue by getting an expert on call at +1- 855 738 2784 and smoothen your bumpy QB ride
Points that Trigger QuickBooks Error Code 1327
QuickBooks error 1327 the drive is not valid can occur due to the following reasons:
- Inappropriate Registry settings.
- A corrupted Microsoft .NET Framework can also lead to error 1327.
- An internal damage in the current device.
- Installing QuickBooks or the backup company file from an external storage device.
- Insufficient access permission to the user.
- Sudden disconnection from the network drive or the external storage device can lead to error 1327 invalid drive QuickBooks.
Recommended To Read – Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Tricks to Rectify QuickBooks Error Message 1327
We are now well-informed about the things or activities that lead to QuickBooks Desktop error 1327. Let us now look at the techniques that can eliminate the same for good –
Troubleshooting Technique 1 – Mend the Windows Registry
- Before moving to the actual solution, create a Windows Registry backup .
- Press and hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- In the search panel, type Regedit and hit the OK button.
- You will be taken to the Registry Editor window.
- Here, you must move to this key – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Current Version\ Explorer\Explorer\ Shell Folders.
- Look for the entries related to the drive letter that is mentioned in the error message you see in your application.
- Replace the incorrect drive letter with C:\.
- Save the changes that you just made, restart your computer and download the updates again.
- Finally, follow the steps above to reverse the changes you made and reboot.
Recommended To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 1328
Troubleshooting Technique 2 – Fix the Issue with the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- In the search field, type Control Panel and double-click on the Control Panel tab.
- Once taken to a new screen, press the Programs tab.
- Here, click on the “Turn Windows features on or off” option.
- You can be asked to input your login credentials. Enter the details to confirm the action.
- Locate Microsoft .NET Framework and un-tick the box beside it. This will turn off the Framework.
- Restart your computer.
- Repeat the instructions mentioned above and enable the Framework again.
Troubleshooting Technique 3 – Withdraw the Network Drive
- Tap on the Windows button and click on Programs.
- Choose Windows Explorer from the given list of programs.
- Next, select the Tools tab on the menu above and hit the “Disconnect Network Drive” option.
- Hit OK to confirm.
- Go to the Tools menu again and click on Map Network Drive.
- Un-mark the Shell File option and type in the correct path there.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Finally, reboot your device and re-install QuickBooks to fix QuickBooks error code 1327 invalid drive QuickBooks.
You May Also Like To Read – Getting QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Troubleshooting Technique 4 – Create a New Windows User to Install Windows again
- Hold the Windows key and R together to open the Run window.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel and hit the OK button.
- Press the View tab and select Small Icons.
- Next, you need to access the Network and Sharing Center and click on Change Adapter Setting.
- You must disable all the adapters listed on the list by right-clicking and selecting the Disable option.
- If you see any error messages or text notifications, ignore them.
- After you have disabled all the connections, perform a QuickBooks installation.
- Once this process is successful, you can revert the settings that you just altered by following the same steps above.
Troubleshooting Technique 5- Ensure Proper Connection with Storage Device
Issues due to connection problems can cause QuickBooks map network drive errors to appear. Therefore, ensure that all the cables and related things are appropriately connected to the computer. Verify that the USBs and Flash Drives function and remain connected properly.
Troubleshooting Technique 6- Run QB Install Diagnostic Tool
One of the best methods to resolve any QB error is to run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. For this, you will require the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version downloaded on the system. Accept the license agreements to finish the installation and then:
- Open the Tool Hub and visit the Installation Issues tab.
- A single click on QB Install Diagnostic Tool and commence scanning the error.
- Any error found will get resolved automatically by the Tool.
- Restart the system to apply the modifications and verify if the issue persists.
Troubleshooting Technique 7- Install QB when not logged on the network
One solution to fix QuickBooks error code 1327 involves installing the application when not connected to the network. Implement this in different OS as follows:
For Windows 10-
- Launch the run window by holding Windows + R keys on the keyboard simultaneously and opening Control Panel from the same.
- Go to where you see the drop-down arrow and hit the View by option > Small icons.
- Now, launch the Network and Sharing center, and from the left pane, select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click every listed Adapter and choose to Disable it.
- “The connection is lost” messages will flash on your screen. Ensure not to pay any attention to it.
- Leave this tab open and head over to installing QuickBooks.
- Once the installation finishes, get back and change the status of every adapter to active network connections.
For Windows 7,8-
- Select Control Panel from the Start tab and choose View by > Small Icons from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Network and Sharing center and press Change Adapter Settings from the left pane.
- Right-click and disable every listed adapter.
- You will notice a “The connection is lost” message, but ignore it for a while.
- After completing this process, switch to another tab without closing this one and install QuickBooks.
- When the QuickBooks installation finishes seamlessly, come back to this screen and activate your network connections.
We have gathered the most relevant information in context to QuickBooks Error 1327 and shared it in our blog above. This data includes a standard explanation of the error, its causes and troubleshooting hacks also. We hope that the issue was fixed for you, following the steps above. If not, we suggest you get in touch with our 24/7 available on-call support team for instant help. Dial +1- 855 738 2784 and get things sorted.
Describe the Symptoms of QuickBooks error 1327 the drive is not valid.
The following signs signify the presence of the error QB 1327:
- Windows OS doesn’t respond or crashes.
- Crashing or freezing the QB program.
- Slow response to keyboard and mouse instructions.
- Error message showing its presence.
What Exactly does QuickBooks Error 1327 Entail?
QuickBooks error 1327 appears when you install QuickBooks on the computer. The drive letter being invalid message appears indicating the presence of the issue.
How to Re-assign the a Letter to Drive Windows 2000?
Reassigning the drive letter can help fix QuickBooks error 1327. Do it as follows:
- From the Start tab, go to Settings > Control Panel.
- Here, double-click Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
- Find the hard drive or CD-ROM you want to change the letter of and right-click it.
- Select the option Change Drive Letter and Path > Click Edit > Select the original drive letter > OK.
Read Also –