A single mistake while setting up QuickBooks on a Windows computer can stop you from using the online banking feature in the QuickBooks Online and Desktop versions. In this article, we will cover one such QuickBooks online banking error code that occurs while signing in to your bank account. Once you encounter QuickBooks Error code 179, QuickBooks automatically disconnects from the bank account. When you try to login or reconnect, it shows the error code 179. This QuickBooks rebuild error 179 can occur due to a few possible reasons. Which we have discussed in this article, along with the effective solutions.
If you are unable to resolve the error on your own. You can call our support toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784 and get immediate help in resolving the QuickBooks error code 179
What is QuickBooks Rebuild Error 179?
To maintain the correct records in QuickBooks, you need to keep them in sync with your financial records. To do so, users must log in to their bank’s website regularly and keep track of the various details and data. However, that is not the case with multiple users. As they are forced to encounter the error 179 in QuickBooks Desktop amidst all of this. As a result, they are unable to update their account info and get locked out of their online banking account. One of the major reasons behind this locked out of QuickBooks issue is the presence of discrepancies in your records or if transactions are missing from your file.
Recommended To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error H101
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 179 – Early Signs and Symptoms
If you are unable to update your banking information, despite a strong internet connection, it is very evident that something is wrong with your QuickBooks applications. These are some common symptoms that will help you confirm error 179 QuickBooks Desktop–
- The QB program will prompt you to run a Rebuild on your company data file as a screen message.
- While you are on your banking website, you might be unable to download the banking info and data.
- Windows will display a trigger alert that Windows has been corrupted or damaged.
- Your transactions will be missing details, or data might get accidentally deleted.
- If you are working on QuickBooks, it will automatically pre-fill null values in the key fields.
- The application will freeze on your screen and stop responding or close abruptly.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Missing Bank Transactions Error
Browsers cache and temporary internet files are the most apparent reasons that cause QuickBooks to display the QuickBooks login error 179. Following is the list of all the reasons that might trigger this error code in your application.
- The user is trying to log into an incorrect or invalid bank account in QuickBooks.
- In case you have mistakenly entered incorrect login credentials, then also QuickBooks encounters error message 179.
- After updating your online banking login credential, you have not updated them in QuickBooks, leading to a mismatch.
- You are logged in to your bank account from multiple devices while trying to reconnect with QuickBooks, leading to the locked out of QuickBooks error.
Prerequisites for Terminating the QuickBooks Error Code 179
Before following the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, make sure the following conditions are fulfilled.
- You are not logged in to your bank from other devices like your phone or tablet, and there are no multiple logins.
- Make sure to select the correct bank account in the QuickBooks application before reconnecting the account.
- Verify the internet connectivity and ensure a stable connection so thatQuickBooks can connect with the banking server for account reconnection.
Solutions to Resolve the QuickBooks Rebuild Error 179
The QuickBooks missing bank transactions issue can be resolved by following the below-given solutions –
Solution 1: Clear Cache and Temporary Internet Files from your Web Browser
If you are a Google Chrome user, you can go to the Settings menu and select Time Range from the Privacy tab. Checkmark the Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Images and Files option to remove the temporary files.
For other users, you need to follow the specific steps pertaining to your browser to fix error 179 in QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 2: Verify the Banking Login Credentials and Login to your Account
You need to correctly log into your bank account to remove the error 179 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open your internet browser and visit the online login page of your bank to enter the login credentials.
- Hit the sign-in / log-in button and if you successfully logged in to the account, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
- In case you get incorrect login credentials error message.
- Then follow the steps to reset the password or contact your bank for assistance with the issue.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Solution 3: Update Banking Login Credentials in QuickBooks Banking Panel
Verify your login credentials and update the info in QuickBooks to eliminate the QuickBooks login error.
- Open QuickBooks Online and select Banking from the left side Banking Panel to select the account that is giving Banking Error 179.
- Click the Edit icon and choose Edit Sign-in Info to enter the most recent login credentials of your online banking.
- Click Update to try to reconnect the account once again and see if the error code is dismissed.
Solution 4 – Activate the QBFD Utility by Launching the Tool Hub
You need to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks File Doctor from the Company File Issues tab. Browse your company file and let the tool run a repair to fix the file issues by selecting Check your File. Once done, rerun QuickBooks to see if the QuickBooks error code 179 is eliminated.
In case the locked out of QuickBooks error is still not resolved. Then we suggest you wait for 15 to 20 minutes and try to reconnect your bank account again. In the meanwhile, as a temporary solution, you can download the bank feeds from the banking website and upload them in QuickBooks to update your transactions and feed manually. You can follow the article Import Banking Transactions in QuickBooks Online for detailed instructions. And if you need direct assistance from a certified professional, you can call us at +1- 855 738 2784.
What Causes the QuickBooks Banking error 179?
The QuickBooks error code 179 can occur due to wrong banking credentials or failure in connecting to your bank account in QuickBooks.
How to get rid of the error 179 in QuickBooks Desktop?
The QB error code 179 can be resolved by verifying your bank login credentials and clearing your web browser cache and temporary files.
Related Posts –