Users today are reporting QuickBooks missing PDF Component errors while using the PDF and printing feature in QuickBooks. Printing errors in QuickBooks are quite common, and every once in a while, QuickBooks users come across one of these errors. One such glitch that frustrates users arises while printing PDF files from QuickBooks. Whenever a user tries to print a PDF, QuickBooks throws an error message: “QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF files is missing.”
The error message might confuse users, as it does not explain which component is missing and what should be the next step to resolve the error. This article will clarify the reasons that trigger QuickBooks PDF Component missing error and, of course, the troubleshooting. So follow the complete article to know all about QuickBooks PDF printing errors.
The steps listed in this blog are easy to follow. But, it won’t always guarantee resolution. To top this up, we cannot stress enough that an error while printing PDFs is linked to internal data. Therefore, any mistake on your part can lead to data being swiped away. A wiser step lies with calling support at +1- 855 738 2784.
What is the QuickBooks Missing PDF Component Error?
Sometimes, QuickBooks users face troubles while they are converting their files into PDFs or while they print them. For example, an error message reads, “QuickBooks detected that a component PDF is missing.” Such error messages can cause panic among users as it doesn’t specify which component is missing. Also, it makes it challenging to realize the root trigger of the error. However, there isn’t much to worry about with our detailed blog that specifies the reasons and corresponding troubleshooting solutions for you to implement and resolve the QuickBooks missing component PDF error.
Possible Causes of the “Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing” Error
The following could be the possible reasons for getting the message, “QuickBooks detected that a component required to create PDF is missing.”
- Damaged, missing, or outdated Adobe Reader.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Microsoft XPS Document Writer (MXDW) is turned off in Windows settings.
- An obsolete QB version.
List of Other Possible PDF Errors
Several other printing and PDF issues might accompany the QuickBooks cannot complete the current action due to a missing component PDF message. These include:
- There is a problem connecting to your chosen printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer, on the XPS port.
- Unable to save as .PDF file.
- Error 1722 or 1801 might arise when installing PDF Converter.
- It could not print to the printer.
- Problems printing transactions or reports.
- Printing directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter is not possible.
- Unrecoverable error.
- Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications is not Working.
Solutions for QB Missing PDF Component
Here’s what you need to do to get rid of QuickBooks missing PDF component Windows 11 error:
Resolution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
Most of the time, updating QuickBooks will get rid of most of the PDF printing errors. For detailed instructions, follow our article in How to Update QuickBooks Desktop. If QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component PDF even after the update, follow the subsequent suggested resolution.
Updating QuickBooks from outside the application
- Visit the QuickBooks Download and Update webpage and select the QuickBooks version you are using from the Select Product drop-down list.
- Select the QuickBooks version from the Select Version drop-down list and hit Search.
- Click Get the Latest Updates and select Save to download the file on your desktop.
- Double-click the downloaded file to proceed with the installation.
- Next, choose the Microsoft XPS Document Writer icon. Further, hit the Remove device option.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Choose the Add a printer option from the toolbar.
- Next, Add a local printer or network print with manual settings.
- Select PORTPROMPT: (Local port) and hit Next in the Use an existing port.
- Choose Microsoft from the manufacturer list. Then, Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4, followed by Next.
- Choose the Replace the current driver option. Then, Next.
- Take the v4 out of the Microsoft XPS Document Writer name in the printer name field.
- Hit Finish and uncheck the box, making XPS the default printer if you want.
For Windows 7/ Vista:
- Search for Devices and Printers from the Windows Start menu,
- Choose Microsoft XPS Document Writer, followed by Remove Device.
- Hit Yes to validate the decision.
- Select Add a printer from the toolbar. Choose to Add a local printer.
- Choose to Use an existing port option.
- Select XPS Port: (Local Port), and hit Next.
- Hit Microsoft from the manufacturer list. Then, choose Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4, followed by Next.
- Choose Replace the current driver, then Next.
There is still a possibility that even after applying all the solutions, you might get the Component Required for PDF Print from QuickBooks is missing message, and to fix the issue, we might need to take a closer look at the error on your system. If you are one of the users still facing the error, get in touch with us and call Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 to establish a support connection with us for a quick solution.
What to do if the missing PDF component in QB is causing the file not to get saved in QuickBooks?
When you cannot save the PDF file in QuickBooks, try checking the storage settings:
- Launch the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat
- Visit the Edit menu, followed by Preferences.
- Move to the General option.
- Uncheck the box that says Show Online storage when you save files.
- Save the settings by clicking OK at the bottom.
It will now allow you to save the PDF file in QB.
How can we fix the QuickBooks missing PDF Component error?
You can try the following solutions to resolve the QuickBooks missing PDF component error:
- Check if the XPS services are enabled
- Make the required adjustments to the Windows user permissions for the XPS Document Writer
- Edit the security software settings
- Install or fix the MSXML 6.0
- Form a new template for your form
- For Terminal Services only, bypass the print spooler
When does the QuickBooks Missing PDF Component Error Emerge?
The QuickBooks Missing PDF Component error arises when you endeavor the following tasks:
- Opening, editing, or using PDF Files
- Printing PDF Files.
- Developing, emailing, or printing a payroll report
Why is My QuickBooks missing a PDF component?
Users face QuickBooks missing a PDF component error due to the following causes:
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Problems with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Disabled Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
Which tool should we use to resolve the QuickBooks installation errors missing component?
When problems regarding installation cause PDF missing component warnings, employ the QB Install Diagnostic tool from the tool hub. Installation issues is the tab to access this tool.