QuickBooks is an amalgamation of technology and numbers in the right away. The application assists its user with the best-in-market tools and features. However, it continues to encounter minor to major loopholes in its coding that eventually the end-users have to go through. This blog focuses on one such issue – QuickBooks Error PS058, that comes up while downloading and installing the latest payroll updates. Working on an outdated payroll subscription can be the primary factor that triggers the error, along with inappropriate firewall settings. As a result, the user might notice delayed or no responses to their action requests. So, let us get a better insight into this issue, along with the tactics to get hold of the same.
Tried all solutions but still can’t get rid of QuickBooks Error PS058? Speak with a pro-advisor right now and understand what best can be done to eliminate the same permanently. Ring the team at 1.855.738.2784
Possible Causes leading to QuickBooks Online to Send Error PS058
Some of the most common reasons as to why QuickBooks Payroll Won’t Update Error PS058 have been mentioned in the listicle below –
- A corruption in the QuickBooks or Windows component files.
- The QB company data file is stored in a different location than the default location (C: Drive).
- Misconfiguration in the Windows Firewall or the third-party anti-virus system installed on the device can result in QB malfunctioning, thus error PS058.
- An inactive Payroll Service Key or Payroll subscription.
- If the wrong Employee Identification Number (EIN) is saved in the file.
Helpful Methods to Delete QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
If you are Receiving Error Message PS058 consistently on your device, here are some effective tricks that can help you over the same in no time –
Troubleshooting Technique 1 – Review if your Company File has any Errors
PS058 QuickBooks is an update error; however, it is best to recheck if the issue lies within the QB company data file. This is how you can verify that –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and your company file.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard to bring up the Product Information window.
- Now, press the F3 key to trigger the Tech Help window.
- Here, tap on the Open File option. Locate and select the QBWin.log file.
- Once the file appears on your screen, press Ctrl and F together to open up the search bar.
- Type Error and hit the Enter key.
- If doing this triggers a text, you must follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue in your file.
Troubleshooting Technique 2 –Check your Payroll Service Key and Payroll Subscription
In this method, we will verify if your correct Payroll Service Key is saved in the records and also reactive the Payroll subscription to Fix Payroll Update Error PS058 –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and hit the Employees tab.
- Move the cursor to the My Payroll Service option and select Manage Payroll Service Key.
- While on the Add Payroll window, check if your 12-digit Payroll Service Key is entered correctly or not.
- Press Next and hit the Finish button.
- Go to the Help tab, scroll down to Manage my License, and select Sync License Data Online.
- Now, to reactive your inactive Payroll subscription, follow the instructions below. Steps may vary slightly according to your Payroll version.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, hit the Employee menu tab.
- Hover over My Payroll Service and choose Account/ Billing Info.
- Use your Intuit credentials to log into your QuickBooks Account.
- In the Status section, hit the Re-subscribe button and follow the prompts to complete the process.
Troubleshooting Technique 3 – Verify your Employee Identification Number in QB Payroll
Since an incorrect EIN can give rise to Error Code PS058 in QuickBooks, you must confirm that the right number is saved in QB. The steps can slightly vary as per different QB Payroll versions –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Company tab.
- Choose My Company and press the Edit button.
- Look at the left side of the screen and hit the Company Identification tab.
- Go to the Federal Employer Identification No. section and recheck your EIN.
- If it needs to be updated, do so and press OK. Or else, tap on OK directly.
- Click on the Lists tab and choose Payroll Item List. Ensure that the Account ID reflects the correct number.
Troubleshooting Technique 4 – Try Re-downloading the Entire QuickBooks Update
If an incomplete update installation can give rise to QuickBooks Desktop Error PS058, it is best to try and download the update once more –
- Close all the active programs on your device and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Employees button and choose Get Payroll Updates.
- You will see a checkbox beside Download Entire Update; select it.
- Now, tap on the Download Latest Update button.
- Wait for the update to fully download until the program prompts you, “Download is Complete.”
- Restart your computer and launch QB on your screen.
The above blog has been created after carrying out deep research about QuickBooks Error PS058, where various factors and solutions have been discussed in detail. We are optimistic that the information shared proves to be resourceful for you in the process of eradicating the error. Nevertheless, if you continue to encounter the problem, it is time for you to get QB checked by a certified expert. Get hold of one of ours at 1.855.738.2784.