Most QuickBooks users face issues while doing online banking in QuickBooks that arise because of the faults made by users while setting up banking and QuickBooks on Windows. QuickBooks Error 2000 is one such error that appears while accessing online banking in QuickBooks and can appear in both versions of QuickBooks, i.e., QuickBooks Desktop and Online. Sometimes, error 2000 also occurs while opening the company file in QuickBooks Desktop and displays an error message: “QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download.” Following the troubleshooting instructions mentioned in this article, you can quickly eliminate the error without risking your crucial QB data. For complete info, follow the entire article until the end.
Need Help Resolving QB Error 2000? Call Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Immediate Help Now.
What is QuickBooks Error 2000?
QuickBooks error 2000 is a banking error in QuickBooks that might trigger error messages like:
“Sign-on was rejected,”
“The problem of a bank account not being active and you tried to transmit data. Solution: verify your bank account and then resubmit your request”
“Problem uploading data to service,”
“Additional information from the payroll service”
All the above error messages are triggered by corruption in some crucial QuickBooks program files or issues with the server and remote network. We will analyze the root causes of the error and solutions that can resolve the issue in the shortest time possible.
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Desktop Error 2000
Following are the reasons responsible for triggering QuickBooks Desktop Error 2000 while accessing the company file and online banking in QuickBooks:
- The login credentials you are using to access your online banking account in QuickBooks are incorrect.
- Online banking servers are not responding to your request to access the data stored on the banking servers.
- For some reason, your online banking account has been deactivated, and QuickBooks cannot verify the authenticity of your online banking account.
- QuickBooks needs to re-verify your online banking credentials.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not having the latest updates.
- Damaged QuickBooks .ini files also cause QB Error 2000.
Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 2000
Here’s how you can fix QuickBooks error 2000 effectively:
Solution 1: Verify your Banking Login Credentials
Ensure your banking login credentials are accurate and do not cause QuickBooks error 2000:
- Visit your online baking website and try to sign in using your login credentials.
- If you get an error stating your login credentials are incorrect, open a text file and type your login credentials.
- Ensure that you are typing your login credentials correctly, and also make sure Caps Lock is turned off.
- Even after entering the proper login credentials, if you get the error, click the forgot login ID/password link and try to reset your password.
- After resetting the login ID and password, try to access the online banking in QuickBooks using the new credentials.
Solution 2: Verify that your Online Banking is still active
Your online banking account should be active if you don’t want QB error 2000 while signing in. Try the instructions below:
- Login to your banking account from the browser and check for the notifications.
- If you see any notification asking to submit additional information to continue using online banking, provide the necessary information and re-activate your online banking.
- Open QuickBooks and try to access the company file data. In case you are still getting the QB Error 2000, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Recreate .ini File in QB
Renaming and recreating the .ini file in QuickBooks can help fix error 2000:
- Open Windows File Manager by pressing the Windows + E keys on your computer’s desktop screen.
- Go to the C drive and navigate to the QuickBooks Folder.
- Make sure to change Windows settings to 3. Show Hidden Windows Files.
- Locate the file with the name l.
- Right-click the file and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Repeat the same steps for the DataStore.ecml file.
- Try rerunning QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Update the QuickBooks Desktop Application
An outdated QuickBooks Desktop can lead you to QuickBooks error 2000.
- For detailed instructions on updating QuickBooks, follow our article on How to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
We hope the troubleshooting methods mentioned above will help you resolve QuickBooks error 2000. However, if the error is not fixed, and you are still getting QB Online Error 2000, you can reach us at our customer service Number +1- 855 738 2784 for instant help and support.
Why am I getting QuickBooks error 2000?
QuickBooks error 2000 attacks your banking operations for the following reasons:
- Incorrect login credentials used to access your online banking account in QuickBooks
- Online banking servers are irresponsive to your request to avail of the data stored on the banking servers
- Deactivated online banking account, and QuickBooks cannot match the authenticity of your online banking account.
- QB faces problems verifying online banking credentials
- Not having the latest QB updates.
- Damaged QuickBooks .ini files
- Internet connectivity issues
How do I eliminate QuickBooks error 2000?
QuickBooks error 2000 can be resolved through the following methods:
- Ensure you have the most recent update of the QB software.
- Check the accuracy of your banking login credentials
- Rename and recreate the damaged .ini file
- Ensure your online banking status is active
- Resolve installation problems causing error 2000 with the install diagnostic tool
- Make sure the firewall configurations don’t block QuickBooks
- Uninstall and reinstall QB with the Clean Install tool
What are the signs of QB error 2000?
QB error 2000 displays the following symptoms:
- You may receive an error message with the code 2000 or a message indicating a problem connecting to Intuit’s servers.
- QuickBooks may fail to establish a connection with Intuit’s servers, preventing you from accessing online features or updating your data.
- If there’s a connectivity problem, your QuickBooks software may run slowly or become unresponsive.
- Problems with synchronizing data with Intuit’s servers, such as the inability to download bank transactions or update payroll information.
How do I avoid QuickBooks error 2000 in the future?
To avoid QuickBooks error 2000, follow these steps:
- Maintain a stable and high-speed internet connection.
- Keep QuickBooks updated with the latest patches.
- Configure firewall and security software to permit QuickBooks access.
- Use supported browsers for QuickBooks Online.
- Verify QuickBooks settings for accuracy.
- Monitor Intuit’s service status for server outages.
- Contact your ISP for connection issues.
- Regularly back up QuickBooks data locally or in the cloud.
- Clear browser cache and cookies when using QuickBooks Online.