QuickBooks Point of Sale is a retail system that allows small businesses with the features of inventory and customer management tools, contactless payments, planning merchandise, and much more. We have discussed various QuickBooks errors in previous articles, and the one that is the topic of discussion today is linked to the Point of Sale, which appears as QuickBooks Error 121.
Error Code 121 is an uncommon error that usually results when certain functions have an issue with appropriate permission from the user end.
Now, if you are looking for ways to resolve this “Permission denied error,” this blog will come in handy. Use the solutions that are listed by our Point-of-Sale Experts or reach them directly by dialing the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784
What is QuickBooks Point of Sale Update Error Code 121?
QuickBooks Point of Sale Error Code 121 indicates a glitch when signing in as the system admin. The error displays a message along with it, and the text is as follows:
Error Message: “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied you do not have permission to select from timeouts.”
Now that we have discussed what the error stands for, it is time to look at the procedures that can be employed to resolve QuickBooks Error 121.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 100060
3 Procedures to eliminate QuickBooks POS Error 121
Now that you are aware of what QuickBooks POS Error 121 depicts, let us look at three sure-shot procedures to eliminate it from the system.
Procedure 1: Close all the POS Processes & Services
Running conflicting POS Processes and Services can lead to QuickBooks Error 121. Therefore, as a way to solve this error, we suggest closing these processes and services. This is how you can do the same.
- First, you must go to the Task Manager and launch it.
- Now look for the POS Processes and Services, and you must close them.
- Highlight the processes and click on the End Process button.
- Next, close the Task Manager process window.
- Navigate to the Windows start button.
- Now use the search bar and type “services.msc.”
- Hit on the Enter key.
- Look for the “QBPOS Database Manager XX” file in the folder that opens up. The “XX” denotes your QuickBooks version.
- Now, end the services and the service windows.
Procedure 2: Remove the WSActivity files
It is possible that the above process did not prove helpful in fixing QuickBooks Error 121. However, try using this second method if you still encounter the POS error.
- As the first step, you must view the hidden folders on your system.
- Now you must access the location of the files based on your operating system. We have listed way for Windows 8, 7, and Vista operating systems here.
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0.
- Vista and Windows 7 : C:\ProgramData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0.
- WindowsXP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0.
- Choose all the files in the folder and then hit the Delete option.
- Navigate to the following location after completing the above steps. C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
- Open the INI folder, and you must delete the WSActivity file.
- Re-access the POS, complete the registration, and complete the installation of the updates.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Installation Errors
Procedure 3: End all POS processes and services
Let us look at this solution if the above two solutions do not help fix QuickBooks Error 121.
- First, use the Start menu to launch the Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- You must highlight the following process and then End them:
- Use the cross button to close the Task Manager.
- Use the Window + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type Services.MSC in the search bar.
- Hit on the Enter button.
- Look for the QBPOS Database Manager option.
- At last close the services.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Point of Sale XML Errors
With this, our blog on fixing QuickBooks Error 121 manually ends. We hope you were able to fix this Point of Sale error without much discomfort. But, if you are still facing the error, waste no time and let QuickBooks POS Experts take it from here. Call the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784 now.
Related Posts –
QuickBooks Point of Sale Network Configuration [EXPLAINED]
Error Codes in QuickBooks and their Easy Solutions
Error QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working [RESOLVED]