QuickBooks application is developed to meet the accounting needs of small to mid-sized businesses. It incorporates a wide range of features that help accountants and CEOs complete various activities such as paying employees, creating and sending invoices, recording financial transactions, and any task you can think of concerning bookkeeping. But with QuickBooks Error 9997, you will not be able to connect QuickBooks Online and your banking; hence, you can’t view the latest transactions. As a user, if you have been searching all over, what can fix QuickBooks Error 9997, then you are at the right spot.
We will discuss the solutions for this error code in detail. While you can take your time to fix the error through this article, you can also reach out to the support team on +1- 855 738 2784 for instant assistance
Solutions to tackle QuickBooks Error 9997
Let us look at various ways in which you can manually tackle QuickBooks Error 9997. Follow the listed methods to resolve the error.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error OL 301 and QuickBooks Error OL 393
Solution 1: Update Banking Info in the Private window
When accessing QuickBooks Online through the browser, cookies or other internal issues may lead to QuickBooks Error 9997. Therefore, in an attempt to fix this error, we will help you use the incognito window to update your banking credentials for QuickBooks Online.
- First, open your web browser.
- Now, click on the Incognito tab on your default web browser, or the In Private option which is available for some browsers.
- Now use your QuickBooks Online credentials to log in.
- Press the Banking icon.
- Click on the pencil icon which represents Edit.
- Choose Edit sign-in info.
- Re-enter the banking credentials.
- You can re-establish your bank’s connection with QuickBooks by clicking Save & then the Update option.
- At last, navigate to the Review tab.
Solution 2: Update Security Software on the system
If the first solution did not prove useful and you still see the banking error 9997, try reviewing the security software installed on your PC. These security applications may hinder the working of QuickBooks, and this is how you can update it.
- Before using this solution to fix QuickBooks Error 9997, ensure that your Windows operating system is updated to the latest release. Review that all the components are updated; else, there are high chances that errors may take place in QuickBooks.
- You must uninstall any security software installed on your system.
- If the firewall settings are set to ON, turn them OFF.
- Check that multiple applications are not running in the background when trying to see the latest transactions.
- If QuickBooks was working without any previous error with the security application installed, you must check if the security app is updated to the latest release.
- Uninstall all the applications that you installed just before QuickBooks Error 9997 appeared.
- Go to the Programs option, highlight the program to be uninstalled, and hit the Uninstall a Program button.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 185
Solution 3: Restore the backup of the company file
We will now look at ways to overwrite the backup file and, as a result, get rid of QuickBooks Error 9997.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now on the window, click on the QuickBooks file option.
- You must hit on the Open or Restore Company tab.
- Select the Restore a backup copy option before pressing the Next button.
- Use the Local Backup option and select the Next button.
- Now use the drop-down menu to select the location where the Company file backup lies.
- Use the backup file having .qbb as its extension.
- Hit on the Open button and then Next.
- You must select the Save-in option from the drop-down menu, followed by scanning your preferred location to restore the Company file backup.
- Use the File-name field to assign a new name to the Company File.
- Review that the Save as field automatically saves the repaired file in the .qbw format.
- Hit on the Yes button.
- So as to confirm this whole process, you must type YES and press the Enter button.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Error 101
Solution 4: Review the file extension
If the above three solutions did not help fix error code 9997 in QuickBooks, you must use this next solution.
- If the QuickBooks Error 9997 is linked with the QuickBooks Company File extension, then changing the file extension and saving it as the company file can help resolve the error.
- Review if you can access the QuickBooks Company Files on other systems connected to the network.
- If the company file is not updated, then Re-install the QuickBooks software.
- You must save the QuickBooks for Macintosh file in Mac and not in Windows or vice versa.
- Now, at last, to access the QuickBooks Company file, update the antivirus installed on your system.
And the extensive blog on QuickBooks Error 9997 comes to an end. Our experts worked to make the solution as simple as possible. We suggest following the exact steps to fix the issue or contacting support team if no solution for the 9997 error code seems to work. Dial the 24 x7 helpline number +1- 855 738 2784 now.
Related Posts –
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 9999 in Online Banking
Here’s How to Fix QuickBooks Error 103 while Banking Online
How to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 163