QuickBooks offers different connection methods to handle transactions into the application. Initially, the method was Direct Connect, in which the transactions were downloaded from the financial institution. The users could pay bills and transfer money with this method. The upgraded method is QuickBooks Express Web Connect, which helps to download the transactions directly from your bank to QuickBooks software. In this blog, we shall discuss how you can make a switch to QuickBooks Express Web Connector and, eventually, Import Transactions using QuickBooks Express Web Connector.
For further information or occurrence of errors while setting up Express Web Connect in QuickBooks, dial Support Number +1- 855 738 2784
Switch to Express Web Connect for QuickBooks Desktop from Direct Connect
With the steps below, know how to use new and improved Express Web Connect Online Banking. Carefully go through each step to swiftly switch from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect for QB. When done successfully, you will be able to keep track of your financial transactions.
Step 1: Set up QuickBooks Express Web Connect
Before you prepare for QuickBooks Express Web Connect, ensure that there are no pending transactions.
- Once you have created the backup of your company file, go to File menu and choose Switch to Single-user Mode.
- In the Company menu, select My Company.
- Select Sign in from My Company window.
- Delete Online Pending payments or transactions in the following ways:
- From the Lists menu, choose Chart of Accounts.
- Open the register of appropriate Accounts Payable account.
- Choose the specific bill or bill payment check.
- In the Edit menu, Void/Delete Bill/Bill Payment-Check.
- Choose Record and with Yes save the changes.
5. Add and match the previously downloaded transactions.
Step 2: Disconnect Bank Feeds for an Account before Switching to Express Web Connect in QuickBooks
The accounts in the bank feeds need to be disconnected one at a time before moving to QuickBooks Express Web Connector.
- Go to Lists and choose Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click on the account that you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit Account.
- Move to Bank Settings tab and choose to Deactivate all online services.
- Hit OK to confirm and finally Save & Close.
Step 3: Set up Account for Bank Feeds
- Go to Banking menu and select Bank Feeds, and then choose Set up Bank Feed for the Account.
- Type the name of your bank or financial institution in the Enter your bank’s name section.
- In the My Company sign in page, log in with your Intuit® account credentials.
- Before click on Connect, type the online banking account details.
- QuickBooks will direct you and connect you to the bank’s server.
- Choose the account(s) you want to connect to QuickBooks.
- Hit Connect and then Close.
Step 4: Import Transactions into QuickBooks Desktop using QuickBooks Express Web Connect
- Into the Banking menu, choose Bank Feeds and go to Bank Feeds Center.
- Select the account from where you need to import transactions into QB Desktop using QB Express Web Connect.
- Click on Download Transactions.
- Once it is completed, choose Transaction List. This will process the transactions with Express Web Connect in QB.
FAQs on Express Web Connect in QuickBooks
How to use Wells Fargo QuickBooks Express Web Connect?
Answer: Here are the steps to use Wells Fargo QB Express Web Connect technology to download transactions:
- Select the Account for which you would like to receive transaction activity.
- Click the Select button.
- From and To date in the Date Range section requires you to enter appropriate date.
- Confirm the From date and the To date of the data that you wish to download.
- Choose the QuickBooks (Web Connect) option and click the Download button.
Q: A Quick Overview of QuickBooks Express Web Connect Vs Direct Connect
Express Web Connect– Download transactions automatically from your bank or financial institution into QuickBooks.
Direct Connect– With the help of this method you can export financial transactions from the bank’s website and import them into QuickBooks.
If you come across any error while you import transactions using Express Web Connect in QuickBooks, you can get in touch with Support at +1- 855 738 2784.