QuickBooks error 16026 is an update error arising while downloading or installing the latest updates. Since it prevents users from accessing the improved features of the software, troubleshooting it immediately becomes crucial. That is why we are bringing you this excellent in-depth guide to fix the issue with step-wise instructions for all the methods.
QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the greatest software that provides the latest and most advanced tools to its business users. In order to maintain the supremacy of this application, it is essential that users download its newest updates regularly. But what happens when these updates bring in bugs into the device?
Error 16026 in QuickBooks is an update error that arises while or after downloading the updates and opening QuickBooks. This is rather frustrating as no one can expect an application to stop working right after it has been updated. However, such is the case with error 16026. A few symptoms that you might notice upon the occurrence of this issue are – a slowed performance shown by QB, little or no response to the mouse clicks or keyboard taps, sudden crash of Windows, and a blank white screen. If you are wondering about the ways to correct this, go through the entire blog below.
QuickBooks error 16026 can get a little tricky to resolve for users who are not very tech savvy. Do not worry; we are here to resolve this for you. Connect with our certified professionals right now, and find out the best ways to put this error at rest. Ring the crew at +1- 855 738 2784
What does QuickBooks Error 16026 Mean?
If you’re wondering what the QuickBooks error code 16026 indicates, it shows that there has been an error or an issue due to specific reasons arising while you are updating. Which means, users cannot update their application or program and access the improved features. This problem arises due to corrupted files, incomplete installation, and other reasons. However, it is not the only trigger. Other issues like outdated versions, problems with the internet connection, etc., can also lead to this problem. Effective fixes become necessary to curb its spread right away, or else the files may get damaged and be challenging to recover.
Root Causes for QuickBooks Desktop Update Error Code 16026
There are certain reasons why you are facing QuickBooks Desktop error 16026. Here is a list of some of the commonly seen factors that trigger the error –
- Damaged or corrupted company data file can easily provoke this error.
- If you are working on an outdated version of QuickBooks and Windows, leading them to become incompatible with each other.
- Disrupted update download for QuickBooks can also evoke error 16026 in QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks cipher strength does not meet the minimum requirements.
- Partial installation for QuickBooks Desktop.
- An unstable internet connection service or working on a public network.
- Having an outdated version of Internet Explorer can also lead to this error.
Recommended To Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
Signs of QB Error 16026
If you’re wondering how you can be sure that the QuickBooks Desktop Update Error Code 16026 has interrupted your workflow, look for the following signs:
- You face troubles and hindrances in downloading the update file or completing the installation of the same.
- The QuickBooks error message 16026 pops up on the screen with the relevant error description.
- Your system will perform sluggishly and not respond to the mouse or keyboard commands quickly.
- The active programs in Windows might freeze, hang, or crash while working.
- Windows OS might shut down or crash, causing significant troubles.
All these signs are pretty scary to encounter. So, let’s look into how you can fix them without the hassle and resume your continuous operations.
What is the Process to Resolve Error 16026 of QuickBooks?
Now that we have understood what QuickBooks Desktop error 16026 is and how it comes into the picture, we must now learn the below mentioned tricks that will help in deleting the error once and for all –
Exit from all Applications to Fix the Bug Interruptedly
- Terminate all the other programs running on your system.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Financial Institution Catalog section.
- You can also end all the QuickBooks processes from the Task Manager.
- All you got to do is press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys together on the keyboard.
- The Task manager window will open, and you will find the section named Processes.
- Click it and then find the qbw32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and qbdbmgr.exe files.
- Right-click on each one of them and choose the End Task option.
- Once done, open the QB application again and initiate the update and see if the error remains.
Review the Banking Settings in QuickBooks
- Hit the Banking tab and choose Online Banking.
- Then select Available Financial Institutions from the given list of options.
- You must wait for the Financial Institution Directory to display on the screen as it confirms that your current version of QuickBooks is compatible enough to run the Intuit services.
- Once done, try running the internet services to get going on the update process. Attempt to use the internet services offered by the software or browser and see if the update goes error-free.
- Ensure that your internet explorer is the most recent version. Try not to use a version below 6.0.
- Create a backup company file and then proceed with installing QuickBooks update. This process must fix the installation issues.
Read Also – Resolve QuickBooks Error 1603
Download the Updates for QuickBooks Desktop Yourself
- Run any web-based services from QuickBooks or the web browser on your system.
- Perform a manual update for QuickBooks Desktop this way –
- Open the Windows Start menu and type QuickBooks Desktop in the search panel.
- Right-click on the option to bring up the No Company Open window.
- Here, you need to click on the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Tap on Options and select the Mark All option.
- Click on the Save button and then move to the Update Now section.
- Tick the Reset Update box and hit the Get Updates button.
- Reopen QuickBooks and install the downloaded updates.
Configure the Settings in Internet Explorer
- Ensure that you are working on the latest version of Internet Explorer by following the below steps –
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on the Help tab on top.
- Choose the About Internet Explorer option from the drop-down menu and verify the version you are working on.
- If you are running anything older than 6.0, you must download and install the newest release.
- Check the Cipher Strength, and if it is lower than 128-bit, you must get an upgraded encryption pack for the same.
You May Also Like To Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6123
Run a Quick Re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- If the above steps are unable to eliminate the error, proceed to these steps.
- Manually create a backup for your company and perform a re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop –
- Tap on the File menu and choose to Switch to Single-user mode.
- Press File tab again, scroll to the Backup Company option and click on Create Local Backup.
- Press the Local Backup option and hit the Next button.
- Tap on Browse and choose a folder or location in which you wish to store the file backup.
- Wait for a short period until the program scans your data file.
- Click on OK and then Save it Now. Finally, press Next to create the backup.
- Reboot your computer device and launch QB Desktop to check if the error has been fixed or not.
Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a remedy for all your QuickBooks issues. It has several tools and components to fix your network, company file, installation, and several other issues. Downloading and installing it successfully can help get rid of error 16026 completely. Do so as follows:
- Go to the official website of Intuit to locate the download link for QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once done, let the download process begin and save the file to an easily accessible location.
- After the download finishes, go to the folder where you have saved the QB Tool Hub installation file.
- Double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and begin the installation procedure.
- Follow the prompts and permission dialog boxes that appear on the screen until the program installs completely.
- After the installation finishes, it’s time to set it up. Now that you have opened it, you can access the various tools and features it has.
Tools offered by QB Tool Hub:
QuickBooks Tool Hub has the following sections to resolve various errors:
If your program is the source of triggering QuickBooks error 16026, fix its issues through the Quick Fix My Program utility. Simply go to this section and find the tool. Click it and initiate the detection, repair, and diagnosis procedure.
Company File Issues:
Are the corrupted or damaged company and data files causing you error 16026? Visit this section to find utilities like Quick Fix my File and QuickBooks File Doctor and ensure to get rid of this error.
Are network problems the source of interrupting updates of the application? Find your fix in this section and run it to eliminate the issues.
Partial, incomplete, improper, and corrupted software installation form the major trigger for QB error 16026. Get rid of it through the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and QuickBooks Clean Install Tool in this section and enjoy the error-free experience.
Hopefully, running the different tools based on the source trigger will help you eliminate the issue effectively. If not, you must consult QuickBooks experts to get professional views on the issue.
Step 7- Clean Install QuickBooks
If nothing else works, you can always try uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks application.
- Move to the Control Panel to initiate the uninstallation.
- The Programs and Features section has the option of Uninstalling a Program. Click it, and you’ll find a list of apps installed on your system.
- Select QuickBooks from them and hit uninstall.
- Respond to the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Once done, you can clear the QuickBooks app from the system.
- After finishing the uninstall process, you can restart the system.
- Now, go back to the official source from where you can download the application and implement it to reinstall and resolve the error.
Additional Steps to Perform to Fix Error 16026
- Fix the bugs in the company data file by running the Verify and Rebuild Data tool in QuickBooks.
- Switch the location of the data file. Move it to another folder and then open the moved file.
- Check your internet connectivity by switching to the Wi-Fi mode or data mode. If you are working on a public network, immediately disconnect from it.
- Run a scan on your device and check if there are any viruses in the system.
- Delete the QuickBooks installation file as it might be infected. Download the latest file available on Intuit and then reinstall QB.
Also want to know – How To Resolve QuickBooks Error H505
It is now time to conclude our explanatory blog on QuickBooks error 16026. We understand how annoying it gets when such an issue shows up randomly on your screens and interrupts your business operations. Well, we hope that after going through the above blog, you will be able to get over the situation smoothly. If you require further clarification or support in performing the steps, reach out to our tech geeks at +1- 855 738 2784.
How to check the current internet explorer version to fix error 16026?
You can find the information about the current internet explorer version as follows:
- Go to the Help menu in internet explorer and select About Internet Explorer.
- Download the latest version from Microsoft if you have one earlier than 6.0.
- On the other hand, if the version is 6.0 or higher but the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit, you might need to download the Internet Explorer High Encryption pack.
From where can I verify the QB version to fix error 16026?
Since outdated QB can cause error 16026, check your version from the Account and settings option on the Gear icon. You’ll find the relevant information in the Billing and Subscription tab.
Related Posts –