For applications such as QuickBooks, downloading the recent updates is a must, as it keeps the program in line with the latest technology and also keeps it up and running. But, with every update there is a high risk of invasion of bugs into the system. Today we will discuss about one such download update issue – QuickBooks Error PS101. The issue comes along with a message saying, “The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again.” Two main reasons behind this issue are misconfiguration in the browser settings or a poor connection service. Continue reading below to find out the best resolutions.
What is the best method to fix QuickBooks Error PS101 in an efficient way? If this is the question that surrounds you, it is time to contact our expert team at +1- 855 738 2784 for the perfect troubleshooting solution
Possible Causes behind QuickBooks Error Code PS101
- A block imposed by the system firewall or anti-virus system.
- Inappropriate Internet Explorer settings.
- Numerous QuickBooks versions stored on the device.
- If the application is facing connectivity issues it can disrupt the smooth running of the program.
- Partial installation of QuickBooks updates.
Reliable Solutions for QuickBooks Error Message PS101
Since QuickBooks Update error PS101 is an update installation error, we need to rectify the installation process through different methods listed below. Follow carefully –
Method 1 – Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Fix Error PS101
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is an efficient facility provided by QuickBooks that has the ability to resolve the common glitches inside the program. Follow the steps below to erase the error –
- Terminate all the running QuickBooks screens including the files and folders.
- Go to Intuit’s official website and download the latest available version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the download file to an easy-to-access location, like your desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen wizard to complete the installation process.
- After this, click twice on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the desktop.
- In the following window, tap on the Program Problems tab.
- Press the Quick Fix My Program option.
- Once the program diagnoses and fixes the issue on your system, reboot it.
- Download the payroll tax table update.
QuickBooks Error 1603 | Causes, Solutions & FAQ’s
Method 2 – Perform a Windows Firewall Configuration that excludes QuickBooks
The Windows Firewall is set up in such a way that it can block certain websites and applications. In such cases, it is important that you create exceptions for the pages and apps that you wish to access regularly. This is how it is done –
- Press the Start icon.
- In the search bar, type Windows Firewall and select the Windows Firewall tab.
- In the following window, go to the Advanced Settings section.
- You should see Inbound Rules. Right-click on it.
- Choose to create a New Rule.
- Press the Port button and hit Next.
- Here, you need to ensure that the TCP option is marked.
- Next, move to the Specific Local Ports field, and enter the relevant ports according to your version of QuickBooks –
a. QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX.
b. QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
c. QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
d. QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- Click on Next again.
- Press the “Allow the Connection” button and tap on Next.
- Ensure that all the profiles are marked in the next section, if yes, click Next. If not, select them and hit Next.
- You must create the rule and name it like “QBPorts(year).”
- Finally, press the Finish button.
- Follow all the steps from 1 – 4, and choose to create an Outbound Rule.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and switch to the multi-user mode to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 3 – Clean Install QuickBooks using the Selective Startup
- Before proceeding to the solution, make sure that you create a company file backup in case of any mishappening.
- Hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to trigger the Run prompt.
- Type MSCONFIG in the search panel and hit the Next button.
- In the following window, go to the General section and choose the below options –
a. Selective Startup
b. Load System Services
- Now, click on the Services tab and press “Hide all Microsoft Services.”
- Click on the Disable All button.
- After this uncheck the Lock Screen.
- Finally hit the OK button and then choose to Restart.
- Re-install QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, switch back to the Normal Startup Mode.
After reading the detailed guide above, we are very well aware of the factors that trigger QuickBooks Error PS101. Apart from this, we have gained knowledge about the approaches we can follow to amend the same. If you have any doubts, or require further elaboration on any part of the blog, our professional team is available to assist you. Simply dial +1- 855 738 2784 anytime round-the-clock.