You are required to file 1099 Misc forms to Internal Revenue Service if you are paying $600 or more to a supplier or a dealer in a fiscal year. Additionally, you will also need to provide copies of the forms to such merchants for tax filing purposes. With QuickBooks Online 1099 E File Service, you can prepare and file the 1099 MISC form easily and immediately with a few easy clicks. Once your form is ready using QuickBooks Online, you can use Intuit’s® 1099 E File service to automatically e-file 1099s to the IRS and deliver the copies to your contractors.
You can also call Support Number 1.855.738.2784 for further help
Essential Points to Consider Before E-Filing 1099 Using QuickBooks Online
- You should file your 1099 MISC form to your suppliers and IRS before the 27th of January 5 PM Pacific Time to avoid fines and penalties from the Internal Revenue Service.
- For manual filing of 1099s, you need to download the 2018 1099 Kit from Intuit’s ®website and print and mail it to IRS and your suppliers.
Setting up 1099 Account
Businesses who require to file both 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC may need to make changes to the contractor payment and account. You are required to make these changes depending on the options you have selected for non-employees payment type. Most of the time, users select “non-employee compensation” to pay their contractors, and in this condition, no changes to the account or contractor payment are required. In case if you have selected a different type of payment to report, you will need to consult your accountant to make the changes necessary to your accounting data.
Preparing 1099s using QuickBooks Online:
- Login to your QuickBooks Online account, and from the left side panel, click Expenses, then Vendors or (Workers and then Contractors).
- Now click the option Prepare 1099s.
- Select Let’s Get Started.
- Check all the info about your company name, address, and tax id is correct.
- Select the payment types you have used to make payments to your contractors.
- Click Next and make sure all the info showing up in the list about the contractors is correct.
- You can click Add from Vendor List if you find any vendor missing from the list.
- Now click Next and verify all the payments are correct.
- Select Finish Preparing 1099s.
- Now to e-file 1099 using the e-filing service, select Go To 1099 E file Service.
Steps to E-File Using 1099 E-File Service:
- Verify the information is correct on the Intuit® E File Service window.
- Select the forms that you need to submit and click Continue.
- Now enter your billing and credit/debit card information.
- Verify the amount on the page and click Approve.
- Now select the Delivery option and enter the required information about your contractors.
- For your records, you can now download the copies of the forms from the links provided to you under File and Deliver
- Click Continue and select View Forms.
- Before finally submitting the form, once again verify all the information on the forms is correct as you cannot change any info once you submit the form.
- Now click Submit Final Forms.
- You will see a confirmation window with the message Congratulations! You submitted your 1099s to the IRS.
NOTE: For detailed instructions on printing and e-filing 1099 MISC, follow our article How to Print and E File 1099 MISC with IRS using QuickBooks.
Once you have successfully submitted the form, your contractors will get copies of their forms within 1-2 weeks. You can follow the same method to file another 1099s. If you want to make any changes to the already submitted form, you can mail a corrected copy of the form to the IRS or contact Payroll Customer Service Number 1.855.738.2784 for QuickBooks Online 1099 E File related help.