There are multiple errors that can affect the user’s working with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale application. There are several variations of QuickBooks Status Code 3000 that might appear while managing accounts in QB Desktop and Online application. QuickBooks Status Code 3260 occurs due to issue with access permissions while accessing the software. With the help of this article, we shall look into what are the ways in which you can troubleshoot Error code 3260 in QuickBooks. Go through the article with caution to successfully get rid of the error.
For Help with QuickBooks Status Code 3260 and solving it with experts Help Call Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784
What QuickBooks Status Code 3260 Depicts?
QuickBooks Status Code 3260 appears when there are permission issues for the user to access the application. 3260 Status Code falls under the 3000 status code errors. QuickBooks Error Message 3260 is displayed on the screen displaying the following message:
“Error: Insufficient permission level to perform this action”
Rooting from the insufficient access rights in your computer, to solve the issue modify these permissions. Given below are the steps to accomplish the same so as to fix the Error 3260 in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Check the User Permissions to avoid Error code 3260 in QuickBooks
- If you are coming across Error code 3260 in QuickBooks, probably you must check what permissions are imparted to you.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click Company
- Choose Users and then select Setup Users and Roles.
- The Users and Roles opens up where you need to click on User List
- Click on the user who’s role you need to check. The roles will be displayed in Roles Assigned which can be checked from View Permissions and Role under it.
Solve the access rights error 3260 with these easy steps
The steps below will help you fix the QuickBooks Status Code 3260 but, before you head out to solve it, Backup your QuickBooks Point of Sale and QuickBooks Desktop File.
Run the QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale as admin
- On your computer desktop, look for the QuickBooks icon and right-click on it.
- From there select Properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab and next to Run this program as an administrator, check mark the box.
- Select Change settings for all users, then check the Run this program as an administrator check-box.
Follow the steps for both the applications and see if QuickBooks Error 3260 is fixed.
QuickBooks Desktop File must be opened with admin credentials
Log-in as the Admin user and after that switch the company file to Single-User Mode.
- Go to the File menu and Close Company/Log Off.
- Log in with the admin user credentials.
Here are the Steps to Switch to Single-User Mode after you log in into the QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, click on the File tab.
- Select Switch to Single-user Mode.
We hope the methods above helped you fix the QuickBooks Status Code 3260 error. The root cause lies with insufficient access permissions, as discussed above. But, at times, an unknown reason could lead to pop up of QuickBooks Desktop Error 3260. For such scenarios, talk to professionals at +1- 855 738 2784 and get instant fix.