Before directly hopping into the troubleshooting section, let us first discuss what QuickBooks Web Connector is. To enable data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop and online applications hosted on the web, Microsoft has developed a Windows application called QBWC (QuickBooks Web Connector). Web Connectors can integrate with any QuickBooks Desktop application that uses QuickBooks SDK or QB POS SDK. This free-to-download software is available on Intuit’s Developers website and is available to everyone. Like every other application, Web Connectors also encounters errors, and one such error is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception Type Error: Unknown name. Follow the complete article to learn more about this error and its easy troubleshooting method.
Get Advanced Troubleshooting Support by Professionals at Desktop Support Number +1- 855 738 2784
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
QuickBooks Web Connector error affects the Desktop version of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, and once a user encounters Web Connector error, QuickBooks cannot exchange data from any third-party web-based application. Web Connector error appears when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged or corrupt. You might see different error message descriptions on your screen once you encounter the QuickBooks error QBWC1085. Following are some of the instances of error messages that you can notice once the QuickBooks web connector log file error strikes your system.
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write on the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing on the log file.
QBWebConnecter Information QBWC1085QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception Type Error: Unknown name
NOTE: If you are not using any third-party Web-based applications with QuickBooks, then you can disable Web Connector from the list of automatic startup programs to avoid web connector-related errors.
Click HERE to download QuickBooks Web Connector for Windows.
Steps to Fix QBWC1085 Web Connector Error
Before following the troubleshooting steps, ensure that you can see the Web Connector program under the automatic startup programs list and is running in the background process. Follow the steps below to enable the Web Connector.
Step 1: Enable QuickBooks Web Connector
The first and foremost cause of getting an error message that reads ‘there was a problem with the log file QuickBooks web connector’ is having it disabled on your system. Thus, with the help of the instructions below, we will first enable the QuickBooks web connector and check if this resolves the error.
- Press Windows + R key on the keyboard and type MSConfig in the Run window.
- Hit OK and click the Startup tab.
- Now find and checkmark the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows.
- After restarting, the Windows follow the next troubleshooting step.
Step 2: Delete QuickBooks Web Connector if it is Not in Use
qbwc1085 problem with log file can also appear if you have installed QuickBooks web connector, but it is no use as you have not integrated QuickBooks with any web-based third-party application. This conflict can be resolved simply by removing the QuickBooks web connector with the help of the instructions below.
- To delete the web connector application, you will need to log in as an administrator on your system.
- Next, navigate this path on your local storage C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Locate and select the web connector and select the options to delete it from the system.
- Now, you can simply restart your system and retry using QuickBooks Desktop to check if the qbwebconnector error has been resolved.
Step 3: Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
Corruption in the QuickBooks Web Connector file (QBWCLOG.TXT) is an apparent reason for getting issues with QuickBooks Web Connector. With the instructions below, we will rename the QBWCLOG.TXT file to prompt QuickBooks Web Connector to create a new one resolving the error QBWC1085.
- Right-click the small QuickBooks Web Connector icon from the taskbar and select Exit.
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBWebConnector \log folder.
- Right-click the QWCLOG.TXT file and select Rename.
- Rename it to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save it.
- Now restart the Web Connector application.
- Reboot your computer and open QuickBooks again.
- Try using an online application that you have integrated with QuickBooks.
Step 4: Enable Web Connector in System Configuration
No doubt you can manually enable QuickBooks web connector; however, if it is disabled in the Windows services, you can face issues in the form of QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1085. Thus, with this solution, we will enable it in the system configuration and check if this solution resolves the error.
- Launch the Run window by simultaneously pressing the Windows and letter R keys on the keyboard and type MSConfig in the command box.
- Press Enter to continue to launch the System Configuration window.
- Move to the Services tab and scroll down to locate the QuickBooks Web Connector service.
- Put a checkmark next to the service name and click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
Check if this final solution helped you resolve the web connect error in QuickBooks by performing the same action that triggered the error previously.
There are many other variations of QBWC errors or the Web Connector errors that you can face, and each error has a different troubleshooting method. In case if you are still getting QuickBooks Web Connector error QBWC1085 even after following the troubleshooting method mentioned in this article or if you are getting a different Web Connector error, then we suggest you get in touch with us at our Number +1- 855 738 2784 for help.
Related Posts –