QuickBooks display issues can emerge suddenly, destroying the user experience. Read more about this issue in detail in this blog.
It won’t matter how well the application is; if the display is distorted, the user experience is hampered. The user might face QuickBooks display issues if switched to a high-resolution monitor (1920 x 1200 resolution or higher). The QuickBooks display issues Windows 10 lead to unwanted delays in tasks, and it becomes necessary to resolve them as soon as possible.
This blog will discuss the symptoms and methods to fix the QuickBooks Window size problem (QuickBooks Opens in Small Window and Failed to Maximize It). We hope the blog gets your task running back smoothly. For complete instructions, follow the entire article until the end.
Has your experience with QuickBooks derailed due to display issues on your screen? While this blog should guide you in the right direction, consider contacting our Error Support Team at +1- 855 738 2784 Toll-Free to receive professional assistance.
What are QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues?
QuickBooks display settings can be anything that can stop you from interacting with the QuickBooks Desktop interface. Let’s look at what is considered display issues in QuickBooks.
- The transaction form that you are trying to access does not fit the screen.
- The icon for the size of the objects does not appear at the top right of the screen.
- Certain buttons go missing when there arises a QuickBooks window not visible issue.
- Paid status is truncated on the Invoices.
- The screen gets distorted when you try to maximize or minimize it.
- The home page displays nothing and appears completely blank.
Steps to Resolve the QuickBooks Display Issues
Consider the following troubleshooting methods when you encounter QuickBooks resolution issue:
Step 1: Adjust the Display Settings
Windows offers the option to manually change the display settings on any app running on it. Follow the instructions below to change the DPI settings for QuickBooks on Windows so that QuickBooks can display properly.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and open the Windows Start menu.
- Search for QuickBooks and select Open File Location after right-clicking the app’s icon.
- When the folder that contains the file opens, right-click the QuickBooks.exe file and click on Properties.
- In the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check-mark the option Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. There is an option to select Change high DPI settings and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Finally, select Apply and then hit OK.
Step 2: Change the View Preferences in QuickBooks to Resolve QuickBooks 2020 Display Issues
View Preferences in QuickBooks decides how the application will display on the user’s screen. If these settings are not properly configured, you might face display issues in QuickBooks. Change the QuickBooks View Preferences using the steps below:
- From QuickBooks, select Preferences in the Edit menu.
- In the list, select the option of Desktop View and then hit the My Preferences tab.
- Click on the One Window option from the View section. Finally, hit on OK.
Step 3: Modify Windows DPI Settings
This step is crucial as the Default DPI settings are the ones that work best for QuickBooks.
- In the Control Panel, press Windows + X together.
- In the window, choose Appearance and Personalization and navigate to Change Item Size Section.
- Click on Set custom scaling. In the drop-down list, select 100% and hit on OK. Select Apply and log in again to see the effect.
- Right-click on the Desktop and click on Screen.
- Available at the bottom of Display settings is the Make text & other items bigger or smaller option, click on it.
- Ensure that the option allow me to select one scaling level for my displays is unmarked.
- Using the slider set value to less than– 100%, this will ensure that the text and other items are standard-setting.
- Now save the work and reboot the computer for the change to take effect and verify QuickBooks Window off screen.
Step 4: Change the Screen Resolution Settings on the Computer
Altering the screen resolution settings will help fix QuickBooks Display Issues:
- After you right-click on the desktop, click on Display.
- From the left pane, select Advanced Display Settings. If there is more than 1 display attached to your PC, click Display and choose the display you need to modify.
- Next, in the Resolution section, click on the screen resolution of 1024×768 or higher. Then, apply the changes and click on Keep the Changes.
- See if QuickBooks Desktop View Windows 10 is resolved.
- Right-click on Desktop to select Display.
- Choose Screen, and in the resolution drop-down menu, choose resolution 1024×768 or higher.
- Apply the changes and ensure that QuickBooks resolution issues do not appear.
Step 5: Check Compatibility View to Resolve QuickBooks Online Display Issues
Digging into the Compatibility View settings can help resolve display issues in QuickBooks Online:
- In the Browser menu, select Tools and choose Compatibility View Settings.
- To enable the Tools menu, press ALT + T. Under the option of Add this Website, see that qbo.intuit.com and intuit.com are not listed.
- Also, ensure that Display all websites in the Compatibility View option is not checked. It is also crucial that Include updated website lists from Microsoft must not be checked.
- Close all Internet Explorer Windows.
- Login to QuickBooks Online, and the error must be solved by now.
Step 6: Update Video Card Drivers
If your video card drivers are outdated, QB display problems might arise. Fix it as follows:
- Hit the Start tab and opt for the Control Panel.
- Select the option that says Device and right-click the Video card that appears on the screen.
- Here, opt for the Update Driver option.
- Now, go to Search. In the display adapters window, write the video card’s name from the device manager. Do this if you’re updating the device drivers manually.
- You should go to the manufacturer’s website to find instructions about the same.
- Find the Driver option and type in the Card name.
- Now, download and install the driver.
- End by rebooting the system and applying the changes.
NOTE: If you suspect that the errors arise because of some faults with QuickBooks Desktop installation, follow our article on QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to install a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows computer.
If the solutions listed above have failed to resolve QuickBooks Display Issues, we suggest you talk to the Support experts at +1- 855 738 2784. The issue at times could develop from malware attacks to the company file. In such a situation, it is wiser to take help from professionals to avoid company data loss.
How to configure compatibility settings to fix screen display issues in QB?
Undertake the following procedure to resolve display issues in QuickBooks:
- When you open Internet Explorer, go to Tools from the main menu or press Alt + T > Compatibility View Settings.
- The Add this Website option should not include Intuit or QuickBooks’ website.
- Moreover, ensure that the Compatibility view menu has a Display all Websites checkbox, which is not checked. Also, the Update Website Listing from Microsoft option should not be ticked.
- Exit Internet Explorer and see if Display issues are fixed.
Explain the signs indicating display issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
You will see the following symptoms as display issues start arising:
- Transaction form doesn’t fit the screen.
- A field overwrites and hides the label.
- Missing buttons and massive fonts.
- Unclear screen upon maximizing, minimizing, or stable.
- Blank the home page.
- Icon sizing goes wrong.
How do I adjust QB’s display to fit my screen?
If your QB app and display don’t fit the screen, try:
- Double-hit the QB bar to maximize its window.
- Drag the upper-left and lower-right screen corners to adjust the screen manually.
How do I switch to flat view in QB?
Right-click the customer list. New options will arise. Then, tap the Flat View or Hierarchical View option per preference.
Why can’t I view the whole screen in QB?
QB Online would need these configurations to view all pages properly: Set the screen resolution to 1024×768 or higher. Fix dots-per-inch (DPI) to “Normal” or “100%.”