Every web-based application that sync data with the online servers require regular maintenance. QuickBooks database maintenance repair is performed to detect and remove any corruptions that the server comes across and to ensure seamless functioning of your QuickBooks Online and Desktop app. At times when the QuickBooks servers are undergoing maintenance, you might get “QuickBooks Database Maintenance is in Progress. Please Try Again in a Few Minutes” message while performing some specific tasks in QuickBooks. Usually, after the database maintenance repair is completed, you can continue using QuickBooks without any issues. This tutorial will show you how to remove the database maintenance message when it got stuck in QuickBooks.
Are you looking for Support? Call QuickBooks Desktop Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 to get in Touch with Desktop Experts
Reason Why QuickBooks Displays Database Maintenance Repair in Progress Message
A user might get the database maintenance repair is in progress error message in both versions of QuickBooks, i.e., QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online. However, there are significant differences in the reasons that cause the error message to display in QuickBooks. If you are getting the error message while opening the company file in QuickBooks Desktop, then this indicates that the server that is hosting the company file in the local network is having some issues. If you get the error message while accessing your QuickBooks Online account, then it means that QuickBooks servers are currently being updated and your service will resume after the servers are repaired.
Following are some of the common reasons that cause QuickBooks to display database maintenance repair is in progress message in QuickBooks Desktop:
- The server that is hosting the company file in the network is not set up to host the company file in multi-user mode.
- Some other user in the network is already running update of the server while you are accessing the company file from the workstation.
- QuickBooks company file that you are accessing is damaged or corrupt.
IMPORTANT: Before following the troubleshooting instructions mentioned in this article, make sure to restart the server and the workstations in the network.
Steps to Getting Rid of QuickBooks Database Maintenance Release Message
Solution 1: Verify the Company File Hosting Settings on the Server
- Open QuickBooks on the hosting server.
- From under the File Menu click Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Go back to the workstation computer and try to open the company file again.
- In case if you are still getting the same error message, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2: Make sure no Other Users are working on the Server
- If you are running QuickBooks in a large network, then it might be possible that some other user is running an update on the server. If this is the case, then wait until the task is completed and then restart the server. Try to open the company file once again.
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Company File
- First, run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data utility from under the File tab.
- If you find any issues with the company file then follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the data repair.
- Now download and run QuickBooks File Doctor to troubleshoot additional data and network-related issues.
If you have additional queries related to the QuickBooks database maintenance repair is in progress message, or you are still struggling to get rid of the error message then you can always reach us at our Number +1- 855 738 2784 for immediate help and support.