QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool has been a savior for many users who have been facing issues in connectivity due to problems in the network. If you’re a user who has encountered such errors and has been suggested to use the QuickBooks diagnostic tool, we recommend you read this blog till the end and find out more about its functioning.
If you are a QuickBooks user who uses the multi-user mode in the workplace, you must know the pain that the connectivity issues cause while operating the application. Because of some external or internal glitch, the workstations lose contact with the company file stored on the server computer, and all the ongoing work just gets stopped in the middle of a tight schedule. However, these issues can be easily sorted out with the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool, but it has a complicated installation process, and the steps to perform the task also comprises numerous confusing technical terms. So today, we will break it all down in simpler words.
Do you wish to use QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool safely and securely to fix network errors? Go through this blog for complete details, and contact QuickBooks professionals at +1- 855 738 2784 for immediate assistance with any doubt or problem
What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Connection diagnostic tool QuickBooks resolves issues that cause interruptions in your network. Users may face problems in accessing shared files or using the multi-user mode feature properly. Connectivity problems can arise between QuickBooks, company files, and QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This tool runs to resolve the problems occurring in the connection between these three elements.
The QuickBooks diagnostic connection tool repairs a wide variety of errors, including the 6000-series, H-series errors, etc. The diagnostic tool is compatible with several Windows OS versions, so you can easily run it. Users can employ this tool on QuickBooks 2008 versions and later. Other names for this tool are QBNetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, etc. The most famous version of this tool is the 4.0 one which comes with an in-built anti-virus version to scan the system for viruses and malware.
Let’s keep reading to delve deeper into the internet connection diagnostic tool.
Recommended To Read – How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175
What Error Glitches can be solved through QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool?
Below are the issues that you can eliminate through the connection diagnostic tool by QuickBooks:
- All the connectivity errors in QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- QuickBooks 6000- series of errors like 6150, 6000-82, 6000-301, 6147, and 6103.
- QB Database Server Manager errors, like H101, H303, H202, and H505.
- Firewall port issues in Windows.
- Damaged files in the Windows Registry.
- Missing QB files that are afflicting connection with the workstations.
- Virus-infected company files.
- QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool download can resolve corrupted files in the system registry.
- Resolution of errors like 1722, 1311, 1603, 1618, 1723, and QuickBooks error code 1336.
- Vendor and customer lists in the QuickBooks application go blank.
- Missing entries in the Employee list.
Before we discuss anything more about the tool, let’s jump into how you can download, install, and run the tool.
How to Perform QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool 2023 Download and Installation?
The following are the instructions to download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. Follow them step-by-step:
- Go to the official website of Intuit® and look for the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe file.
- When you find it, download it instantly.
- Make sure that you have a proper internet connection and do not turn off the computer during the installation process.
After downloading the file, complete the installation through these steps:
- Before you start with the installation, make sure that there is no previous version of the QB connection diagnostic tool installed in the system. If there is one, uninstall it immediately.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the package installer.
- Ensure to end all the processes that are running in the background so that no interruption occurs.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on Next.
- Follow the instructions and keep clicking on Next until the installation completes.
- After the installation, set up the tool to use it by visiting the directory.
- There, fill in your admin password and click on OK.
- Choose out of the two options- Host system or Workstation, as per your case and use the tool to eradicate all the issues successfully.
Read Also – Getting QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer
What are the Utilities in the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
There are three utilities in the QuickBooks network diagnostic tool download that you can use for different purposes:
- Diagnose Connection Tab– This is the utility that lets you eliminate the issues in the multi-user mode that are preventing the workstation user to access the data file in the server computer.
- Firewall Status– This utility can be used to get the fundamental instructions for the system firewall.
- Test Connectivity– Through this option, you can test the connectivity between the server and your workstation.
Testing Workstation’s Connectivity
- Begin by searching for the button near the company file field to let you browse your company file.
- If you are using the Linux system, ensure it is available in the Alternate mode. Now, you need to opt for Change hosting Server checkbox.
- You must notice that every status appears as ‘Not applicable’ in blue before initiating the connectivity test.
- After you run the tests, these blue statuses should turn green or red, depending on errors found/ not found in the application. Green denotes no error persists, while red signifies threats.
- Now, hit the Test Connectivity option.
- When the file status appears red, you’ll find further options in the Advanced section that will clarify what the error is and what the red color means.
- User should now resolve this status to remove the error and then run the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool 2023 download again.
- Your network speed and file size heavily influence the time taken by the tool to detect and repair the issues. You can end the procedure by checking File Open Status and the successful message pop-up regarding the resolution.
Things to keep in mind before using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
After you download QuickBooks diagnostic tool and install it successfully, you are free to run it. However, before you do so, it’s crucial to address the following points:
- Ensure having access to the QuickBooks Desktop file, its installation CD, license numbers, product information, etc. This will be helpful when you use the connection diagnostic tool and need to reinstall QuickBooks in the process to eliminate the disturbing error.
- Hit F2 or Ctrl + 1 in the current QuickBooks application to access the product information window and note down essential details.
- Prevent the further consequences of corrupt or damaged company files by forming a copy of the QuickBooks file.
- Form a backup of essential files on an external device like a USB or flash drive.
- You can also create a local backup through the QuickBooks application > File menu > Company File > Create Local Backup.
- Maintain a stable internet connection.
- Ensure compatibility as QuickBooks Network diagnostic tool only works with later versions of QuickBooks 2008 on Windows XP, 7, and Vista.
- Unlike QuickBooks File Doctor, this tool is compatible with all MacOS and Windows alike.
- The tool will establish a connection between the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and the company file to rectify H-series and 6000-series errors.
- Ensure to update the QuickBooks application before you download the diagnostic tool.
- You must also have Microsoft components and a C++ Framework installed on your device.
How to Perform the Connection Diagnose through QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to rectify the errors through the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool free download:
- End all the QuickBooks processes through the Task Manager.
- Double-click on the QB Desktop icon.
- Click on Utilities and select Repair File.
- Now choose Network Problems option and click on Yes in the coming message.
- Browse to the folder where company file is located through the next window and click on Open.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings and select your issue from the list out of the drop-down.
- Enter your QuickBooks login ID and password and select the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for some time as the tool fix the issues in your company file.
- Now reboot your system and continue your work.
You May Also Like To Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001
Advantages of QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool
The users benefit from utilizing the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool. For more details of its advantages, keep reading:
- QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool eliminates errors that arise and interrupt the multi-user connection. This means if any problem arises in the QuickBooks application, Company File, and QuickBooks Database Server Manager, the diagnostic tool will run, detect, and diagnose the network problems in these aspects.
- It is effortless and time-saving as you don’t need anyone else to come and help you in this regard. You can simply download the tool from the source and complete installation for use.
- Various error codes like 6000, H-series, and others can get resolved with the running of this tool.
- When the customer/ vendor/ employee lists go blank or missing, users can trust this tool to recover them.
- Errors that appear while installation can also be rectified with the tool.
- Denied access by the database and poor firewall configuration also gets resolved when users rely on the tool to detect and diagnose errors.
UPDATE on the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool!
Since 2019, the tool has been discontinued by the QuickBooks along with other error-solving utilities. They have been aggregated into a single solution for all the QB errors- QuickBooks Tool Hub, and the advantages of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can be procured through Network Issues tab.
Ways to Access QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool through the Tool Hub
Since QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool has been discontinued since 2019, users can now resolve the many issues mentioned above in the errors section through the QuickBooks Tool Hub. QuickBooks Tool Hub is a collection of all the tools and resources provided by Intuit QuickBooks to resolve the many errors that a user encounters when they utilize the QuickBooks application. Every tool has been clubbed in one place for easy access and elimination of the need to download each tool separately. Thus, time and effort-saving happens with this tool hub.
The one-stop solution of fixing errors, QuickBooks Tool Hub protects users from the following errors. The list is wider than the ones mentioned below:
- QuickBooks error 6000-series
- QuickBooks error H-series
- Issues with the company file
- Problems with installation
- Errors in networking
- PDF and Printing errors
- Crashing of QuickBooks application
Downloading procedure for QuickBooks Tool Hub for QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
The users aiming to undertake the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool 2022 download should begin with downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The steps include:
- Visit the official Intuit website to search for the link to download the QuickBooks tool Hub.
- When the prompts ask, prefer configuring the settings to an accessible location in the computer.
- After saving these settings, save the installation package of the tool hub in this location.
- Wait till the download finishes.
Installation process for QB Tool Hub
Once you have downloaded the package successfully, you’ll need to install it into the system as follows:
- Access the location where you saved the installation package.
- Open it and look for the executable file of the tool hub. It would be named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Double-click this file and begin installation through the prompts that pop on the screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions of running the tool hub.
- After successful installation, you are ready to open and use the tool hub by double-clicking the tool hub icon on the Windows desktop or searching in the programs.
Accessing QB Network Diagnostic Tool in the Tool Hub
Now, it is time to identify, locate, and run the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool. QuickBooks Tool Hub has various sections when you open it. And the Connection Diagnostic Tool is available in the Network Issues tab.
For a detailed understanding, let’s learn about the various tools available in the different tabs in the tool hub as follows:
- Go to the Company File issues section when you get an error message while trying to open the company file or when you have missing or blank lists. Here you’ll find Quick Fix My File and the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Choose Network issues if there’s a network problem or computers over a network are facing trouble. Error H202 can be an example. You need to utilize this tool on the server computer.
- Access the Program problems tab if there are issues with the performance, problems in opening the application, or error 6123 crashing or stopping the functioning of the application. It has a Quick Fix My Program to resolve your problems. Even PDF and Printing issues can get repaired in this section.
- Further, there’s an Installation Issues tab. It resolves problems arising while uninstalling or reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop. Rectification of 3371 errors is also possible.
- There’s a Password Reset option to access when you want to reset your password.
- Help and Support section is to offer feedback to the Intuit support team or clarify your queries through live chat.
- Troubleshoot common errors and apply Windows shortcuts through the Advanced Tools section.
What if QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool Doesn’t Work?
Users may encounter a QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool not working error while trying to erase errors in accessing the QuickBooks files in a multi-user mode. In such cases, it’s crucial to undertake the following steps:
Consider the compatibility requirements with the system
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool should match the system requirements to run successfully. This involves matching the following:
- QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool works well in MacOS and Windows.
- It needs Microsoft components like MSXML and C++ to work.
- It only functions with QuickBooks versions later than 2008 in Windows 7, 8, XP, and Vista.
Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
Fix the installation errors relating to QuickBooks Desktop by uninstalling and reinstalling the QB Desktop. It can affect the functioning of the QB Connection Diagnostic tool.
- Begin by uninstalling the QuickBooks application from the Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features tab > Uninstall a program.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop from the list of programs.
- Hit the Uninstall the application option and follow all the wizards to complete the process successfully.
- Once you’re done, you need to run the clean install tool from the tool hub.
- After doing so, reinstall the QuickBooks application from the installation CD or the official Intuit website.
- Run the QuickBooks.exe file for a successful installation.
- Accept the agreement, enter the license and product information, etc.
- Ensure to create backup files before uninstalling the application to eliminate data loss.
- Use QuickBooks application, company file, and database server manager and run the connection diagnostic tool.
Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool in Selective Startup
The selective startup mode ensures you do not face any interruptions in running the diagnostic tool from other applications and processes. So, you need to undertake the following steps to ensure running this tool:
- Switching to selective startup requires opening the Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type msconfig in the run box and press OK.
- Further, move to the General tab, choose Selective Startup, and hit the Load System Services option.
- Move to the Services tab and choose Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Further, hit Disable all.
- Next, uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Choose Windows Installer from the services list.
- Hit OK and go to the system configuration window to Restart.
- Now, go to QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- You can even choose to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks application in the selective startup.
- After finishing these processes, switch back to the normal mode by launching the Run window (Windows + R).
- Type msconfig and press Enter. Go to the General startup tab and choose Normal startup.
- Hit OK and restart from the system configuration window.
Manually fix the issues with Microsoft Components
If your system is facing troubles with Microsoft components like MSXML, C++, etc., you need to repair them to let the diagnostic tool work properly. For this, manage the following points:
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Repair the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Fix / Reinstall Microsoft MSXML and Microsoft Visual C++.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve the Microsoft components.
Hopefully when you ensure all the components are up and running properly, the associated errors will get removed.
In the end, we would like to call the drapes off for our blog on the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. We hope that the information in this article is will prove to be useful for you and all of your queries. At the same time, we wish that this article also helps you to resolve all the issues you are having on your system. However, if we missed out on any of your issues here, clear them out by dialing toll-free +1- 855 738 2784 and talking to a expert on it.
When should I run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
You should run the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool whenever you face any of the following errors:
- When issues in accessing the database server manager arise, you can run this tool.
- Firewall-related errors pop up on the screen.
- Unexpected errors like the 6000-series appear.
- Virus or malware infections affect the functioning of the application.
- When specific entries in employee, customer, or vendor lists do not get updated or go missing or blank.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files.
- Multi-user errors falling in the H-series or others.
What are some essentials to consider for troubleshooting through the connection diagnostic tool?
- Unlike QuickBooks File doctor, you can run the diagnostic tool for both MacOS and Windows.
- Both H-series and 6000-series errors can get resolved through the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- You need to utilize QuickBooks 2008 or later versions on MS Windows 7, 8, XP, and Vista.
- The most common version of the diagnostic tool is 4.0.
Can QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool run on the terminal server?
Yes, you can run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool on terminal servers.
What are the components of QB Connection Diagnostic Tool?
The three components in the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool are test connectivity, firewall status, and diagnose connection.
Related Posts –
What is QuickBooks Data Migration Service & How to do Migration
Let’s Fix Problems Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Effective Ways to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 1920
Effective Fixes to Eliminate QuickBooks Restore Failed Error
Learn to Use QuickBooks Condense Data by Experts