When users encounter a QuickBooks POS error, it becomes challenging to access the application as needed. The feature is excellent, but the problems cause significant interruptions. Let’s dive into this blog in-depth to understand everything to do when you can fix this issue.
Many QuickBooks Point of sale (POS) users are facing an error message while processing a credit card. A Pop-up message showing “sorry QuickBooks got stuck for a second” appears on the screen. Mainly this error occurs when the windows admin permission is not given to the Point of sale software. QuickBooks developers are aware of the issues and have developed a repair tool to resolve the error in minutes. If you are also facing the same error, then follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Are you flustered with the QuickBooks POS Error interrupting your productivity? Here’s the number to the QuickBooks specialists +1- 855 738 2784 to let them assist you through the process seamlessly
What is a QuickBooks POS Error?
Before delving into the realms of QuickBooks POS Errors, let’s understand what QuickBooks POS is. QuickBooks Point of Sale application facilitates seamless payments from customers at the point of sale. Credit card processing encrypts the customer’s data for safety and results in the resolution of the error.
However, while accessing POS admin, users might sometimes encounter errors that lead to troubles accessing the feature properly. These POS errors are vast in number and variety. They may impact the user’s functioning differently. Let’s jump into the different kinds of errors that might arise while using QuickBooks POS 13.
Recommended To Read – Guide to Activating QuickBooks Direct Deposit
Errors arising in QB POS
A QuickBooks POS Error might erupt in various instances. Let’s look into a few of them and understand when and why they appear in QuickBooks point of sale download:
While processing a transaction or opening POS
Any of the following errors might arise when users are attempting to process a transaction or launch the POS application:
- Unexpected error happened. The error is: Value cannot be null. Parameter:s.
- Unable to open the program through the Point of Sale icon.
- Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
- Error 100 database server not found “08w01.”
- Error: QBPOSShell has stopped working.
- Configuration system failed to initialize.
- Error: 176120 invalid license key status, key denied.
- Unexpected error happened; please restart Point of Sale. Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406.
While opening a company file in POS
Users may encounter any of the following error messages in the QuickBook point of sale download when they attempt to open their company file in POS:
- Failed to open company.
- Error: Unable to connect to your company data file.
- Login to company file failed.
- Connection is broken.
POS got stuck error
Users might get the error message, “Error: POS got stuck when using QuickBooks Point of Sale” while accessing QBPOS.
Error: Point of Sale is unable to open or connect to QuickBooks
Another error related to the QuickBooks POS 19 download can arise when POS finds it difficult to connect with QuickBooks or open. At the end of the day, users might run the end reports or financial exchanges. In such circumstances, QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale attempts to connect with QB Desktop. The following errors might arise in such cases:
- Point of Sale is unable to open QuickBooks.
- Error code 140014: QuickBooks POS cannot access your QuickBooks Financial Software company file.
- Error code 140015: Point of Sale could not establish a connection with QuickBooks.
- Error code 140025: Point of Sale was unable to open your QuickBooks Financial Software company file.
- Error: QuickBooks already has a company file open.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Errors
QuickBooks users might face QuickBooks point of sale software download errors or any other POS errors due to any or all of the following reasons:
- The computer doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements to be followed for running QuickBooks point of sale seamlessly.
- The database manager of the QuickBooks Point of Sale might not be functioning.
- Microsoft .NET framework might be damaged or not installed properly.
- The client workstation might have the POS installed rather than the server.
- Connection to the company file is lost, and reconnection attempts aren’t bearing any results.
- Damaged company file can lead to a POS error.
- It’s possible that the Windows XP SP2 Operating System converted the company file to a higher version of Point of Sale.
- QB Desktop might not be open, and accessing it while it’s closed might not be set in the settings.
- Even though QB Desktop is open, the specified company file isn’t.
- There’s a preferences window opened in QB Desktop.
- The company file specified isn’t correct or doesn’t exist.
- QuickBooks POS download can’t figure out where the company file is hosted.
Read Also – Getting QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer
Preceding Steps Troubleshooting QBPOS Error
Before QuickBooks Point of Sale is fixed, you need to keep the following points in mind:
- POS must run after matching the system requirements on the computer.
- Run the QBPOS Database Manager by following the steps mentioned below:
- Type services.msc in the Start menu and hit OK.
- In the Services window, right-click QBPOS database manager and choose Start.
- If Start is not available, you need to hit restart.
- Restart your device and see if the QuickBooks point of sale desktop 12.0 download has errors. This procedure refreshes the OS and brings it to the optimal performance stage.
- Ensure to log into the system and Windows as an administrator to make configuration changes and controlling the working environment.
- Ensure to update QuickBooks point of sale 19.0 download to the latest release.
- QuickBooks Desktop should also be the latest version.
Steps to Resolve “POS got stuck for a second” Error Message:-
The only solution to this issue is to run the QBPOSAdminUtility on the system on which POS is installed. Make sure to run QuickBooks Desktop Update before following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the further in this article.
Method 1: How to Run the Utility:
Operate the QBPOS Admin utility to fix QuickBooks point of sale 2013 download errors:
- Download the utility on the desktop of each server and client workstation computer that has POS(Point of sale) installed on it.
- After Downloading, Run the “QBPOSAdminUtility.exe” file as an administrator.
- When the utility runs successfully, Complete the process by clicking “OK”button.
- Now you can efficiently process your credit card on POS without any popup message.
Note: Download the QBPOSAdminUtility and once the download is completed, locate the file in the downloads and right-click the file. Select Run as Administrator and follow the prompts on the screen to repair the error.
Method 2: Operate the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
When you need to fix POS on one computer, multiple computers and all getting errors, multiple computers with only one getting the error, an error arises when accessing the Item list, or more, run the Verify and Rebuild data. Do so as follows:
- Open the QuickBooks application and access the File menu.
- Choose the Utilities option in the menu and select the Verify Data option.
- Let the procedure run and find errors in the system. When the scanning stops, it will show you errors on display.
- Next, go to the File menu, followed by the utilities option.
- Choose the Rebuild data option.
- The procedure will resolve all the errors that are causing the interruptions.
Method 3: Clean Reinstallation for QuickBooks Desktop POS
Consider connecting to a QuickBooks POS phone number before attempting this solution to ensure you do not risk your data. The steps for clean reinstallation are as follows:
- First, go to the Control Panel on your system and hit the Programs and features tab.
- You’ll find an uninstall a program option.
- Select it, and you’ll reach a list of applications that are currently installed on your device.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop point of sale from the list.
- Continue with the wizards that facilitate the uninstallation of the application.
- After this procedure finishes, ensure to clear the files, system, and everything else.
- Now, it’s time to install the application again.
- Before uninstallation, you should manage the product information, license data, and everything in hand.
- Now, reinstall the application from Intuit’s website.
- Download the package on the system to a particular location.
- Double-click the.exe file and complete the installation and setup of the application.
Ensure that the QuickBooks Desktop POS application gets installed and downloaded successfully and runs seamlessly. Check if errors persist.
Method 4: Test a New Windows User (Windows 11)
It’s possible that the current Windows user might not run properly due to any reason. If this is causing errors in POS, you can resolve them by creating a new Windows user as follows:
- In the Start menu, choose Settings, followed by the Accounts option.
- Further, select Family and other users.
- You’ll need to find and click Add account, next to add another user.
- Further, choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information. On the next page, choose to Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- You need to type in all the usernames, passwords, security questions, etc., and then select Next.
Also, change the settings of this user to the admin account. The steps involve:
- Go to the Start menu > Settings > Accounts.
- Under Family and other users, choose the account owner’s name and hit the Change account type option.
- Choose administrator in the account type and hit OK.
- Now, sign in with the new admin account.
Method 5: Shut and restart QBPOSShell and troubleshoot compatibility
Let the Intuit point of sale support phone number guide you through these steps:
- Shift the Point of Sale app and hit the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together to access the Task Manager.
- Here, visit the processes tab.
- Click the image name column for alphabetic sorting.
- Right-click QBPOSShell.exe and choose to End Process.
- Shut the task Manager and open POS.
Troubleshoot compatibility with Windows as follows when you see more than one QBPOSShell.exe:
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop POS icon on the desktop.
- Choose the Troubleshoot compatibility option.
- Choose the try Recommended settings option and execute the instructions.
- After finishing the process, restart your computer, and launch Point of Sale.
You May Also Like To Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001
Method 6: Create a test company file
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch POS, and from the Start company screen, choose Create New Company > Next.
- Type ‘test’ in the company name field and create it.
- Launch the test file.
- If it fails to open, you might need to undergo clean reinstallation.
- If not, proceed as follows. Select File > Company operations, followed by Next.
- Hit the Open existing company option, select company file, followed by next.
By following the steps mentioned above, One can quickly rectify the Pop-up message error on QuickBooks point of sale(POS) and thus can process credit cards easily. In some cases, You can face issues either while running the utility or even after the process due to other reasons. In such conditions, Call Our POS Support Phone Number +1- 855 738 2784 and avail yourself of 24*7 available customer support experts’ assistance.
Related Posts –