QuickBooks is the most prevalent bookkeeping application because of its high degree of reliability and convenience. Despite being the most trusted name in accounting software, in certain instances, QuickBooks catches bugs and issues. One such error that we are going to clarify in this article is the QuickBooks Abort Error message that occurs abruptly and requests users to abort QuickBooks. The abort error in QuickBooks unexpectedly appears during any operation and displays an error message that the connection has been lost. Unlike other errors that interfere with QB operations, the error message arises because of several reasons. Follow this article to learn about the causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting steps to tackle QuickBooks abort error on multiple computers.
Are you worried about your data because of the abort error in QuickBooks? Call our error support number +1- 855 738 2784 and get immediate help troubleshooting the error from our technical team
What is the QuickBooks Desktop Abort Error?
QuickBooks requires a properly configured network to set up the multi-user environment where multiple computers can connect with the server in the network and access the same company file stored on the server. If for any reason QuickBooks experience a network issue during operation it throws the abort error with “Connection Has Been Lost” error message that displays “Problem: The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. The QuickBooks error abort_close also suggests a solution to reconfigure the network and check if the server hosting the company file is appropriately connected to the network. To eliminate creating a backup or rebuild QuickBooks abort error, you need to follow the right set of solutions effectively.
Symptoms and Early Signs of QuickBooks Abort Error
Following are the signs that you might observe before getting the QuickBooks web connector application requested to abort error –
- Internet connection fluctuations and unstable internet connectivity.
- Sluggish performance of the computer and overheating issues can lead to the QuickBooks abort error message.
- Unresponsive Windows applications, including the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Issues connecting with other computers in the network can cause the QuickBooks abort error on multiple computers.
Important: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve common company file and network errors and Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version to eliminate the errors caused by incomplete or corrupt QuickBooks installation.
Read Also – How To Fix QuickBooks Error H202
What Triggers the QuickBooks Connection has been Lost Abort Error?
Following are the reasons that trigger the abort error in QuickBooks Desktop –
- Vacillating the internet connection caused QuickBooks to disconnect from the company file due to which QuickBooks keeps showing the abort error QuickBooks.
- Missing or corrupt QBWUSER.INI files also cause errors in QuickBooks and can lead to unexpected abort issues.
- Common hardware faults like a corrupt or damaged hard drive make the company file inaccessible to the workstation in the shared network.
- Damage in the installation of QuickBooks Desktop and Windows operating system is one of the common reasons that trigger the QuickBooks error wpr calling abort_close.
- Windows or third-party firewall applications can cause an obstruction and block QuickBooks connection to the company file.
- Windows power saving mode causes Windows to sleep that cause an unstable and fluctuating internet connection and lead to the abort error message.
- QuickBooks requires full access control of the company file folder, and in case, if you have not logged in from an account having administrative rights, then this can cause the aborting issue.
How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Abort Error Reliably?
Here are some troubleshooting solutions to help you resolve the abort error in QuickBooks –
Troubleshooting Step 1: Run the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility to Mend the Company File Issues
As the error might arise because of a corrupt QuickBooks data file, we can resolve the error by running the Verify and Rebuild Data Tool that scans the company files and rebuilds the data damage to eliminate the creating a backup or rebuild QuickBooks abort error.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and from the File tab, select the Utilities drop-down menu to select the Verify Data option.
- The tool will scan damage in the QuickBooks data, and if the tool finds a data loss, it will give the Rebuild Company File prompt.
- Select Rebuild Now option to let the tool repair the data damage, and once the data is repaired, you will get the Rebuild Successful message.
- Now run QuickBooks to check the status of the QuickBooks abort error fix.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Restart the Server and the Workstation to Refresh the Connection
Firstly, make sure no other user is connected to the network and then restart the server machine. Followed by restarting your workstation. If you are still getting the unexpected error QuickBooks premier abort close. Proceed with the next troubleshooting step to rectify the issue.
Recommended To Read – Fix QuickBooks Error H303
Troubleshooting Step 3: Disable the Power Saver Mode on the Server PC
Make sure that the power saving mode is disabled on the server computer to eradicate the error message.
- Click the Start button on the server machine and then click Control Panel to search the Power Options from the search bar at the top.
- Now, go to the settings menu and disable the Hibernation, Standby, and Sleep Mode.
- For more detailed information, follow this article on How to Disable Power Saving Mode in Windows and dismiss the error.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Verify Hosting Options on the Server and Workstation
You need to modify the hosting settings on your server and workstations to eliminate the abort error code.
- Open QuickBooks on the Server computer and from under the File tab, go to the Utilities drop-down menu.
- Make sure the hosting is turned on and if you see the Host Multi-User Access option, select it and enable the hosting mode.
- Now, open the QuickBooks application on the Workstation and click Utilities under the File tab.
- Click Utilities under the File tab.
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is displayed then select it and disable hosting multi-user access on your workstations.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks web connector error application requested to abort..
Troubleshooting Step 5: Locate the Missing QB Desktop Company File from the Directory
Sometimes when for some reason QuickBooks can’t find the company file, it triggers the QuickBooks Desktop abort error. Follow this article to learn the steps on how to Locate Lost QuickBooks Company File.
Troubleshooting Step 6: Set Folder Access for the QuickBooks Installation Folder by Modifying the Settings
You need to provide full and proper folder access permissions to the QB files in order to eliminate the QuickBooks web connector application requested to error.
- From the Folder Directory, right-click the folder you want to share and go to its Properties.
- From the Sharing tab, go to the Security menu and select Permissions to set the user permissions.
- Select Apply and rerun QuickBooks Desktop to check the error status.
Troubleshooting Step 7: Run the QBFD Utility from the Tool Hub to Fix File Issues
For this step, you need to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Company File Issues tab. Search and select the QuickBooks File Doctor and browse your company file to fix the file and network issues. Once the tool stops running, re-launch QuickBooks and see if the error is eliminated.
Troubleshooting Step 8: Rename the QuickBooks Network Data (.ND) File and Mend the Damage/Corruption
Open the QuickBooks installation directory to locate the .ND file with the same company file name and right-click the file. Select Rename and add .OLD at the end of the file name and hit Enter to save it.
Troubleshooting Step 9: Activate the QuickBooks Database Service to Run a Scan
You can activate the QB database server manager from the Windows Start menu and scan the QuickBooks folder and company file for issues. The database server manager helps fix the issues by running a quick scan, thus, fixing the QuickBooks abort error message.
After the entire troubleshooting if the error is not resolved and you are still getting error message connection has been lost then as the final troubleshooting step you will need to Configure Windows Firewall to allow QuickBooks to connect with the host computer. We understand that it might be an annoying situation for you to apply all the troubleshooting steps as it requires a lot of time and efforts. You can call Desktop Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 if you need an expert to resolve the error for you.
Why QuickBooks abort error message is appearing on my screen?
The error occurs due to network connectivity issues and the error might pop up on your screen when the hard drive or QB files are damaged.
What is the best QuickBooks Abort Error Fix?
The error code can be easily resolved by running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and activating the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Related Posts –
Why QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly and it’s Practical Solutions
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77 – Best Solutions
QuickBooks Error 6000 83 – Cause, Symptoms and Solution | Quick Fix