In QuickBooks, the incoming payments are bifurcated into two categories, the deposited payments, and undeposited funds. The deposited payments record the individual payments and deposits into the bank. The undeposited funds, on the other hand, receive small payments that you receive throughout the day. It is essential to know how to delete deposit in QuickBooks in case you want to void or delete either of these payment types. Following the steps in this blog with regards to delete a deposit in QuickBooks 2019 ensure that your account books are up to date. Follow the complete article to learn how to delete deposit in QuickBooks.
For professional assistance on the answers to how to delete a payment or deposit in QuickBooks, dial banking support number +1- 855 738 2784
Easy Methods for Deleting Payments in QuickBooks
If you are in a situation where you need to clear old deposits in QuickBooks or delete a payment in QuickBooks desktop, our instructions below will come handy.
Steps to Delete Duplicate Payments in QuickBooks
Duplicate payments can occur in QuickBooks if by accident you might have entered the payment twice. Using the steps below you can easily delete duplicate payments in QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks and then select the company file to open it.
- When your company file opens up, move to the Banking menu and choose Make a Deposit from the available options.
- Select the line from where you want to delete duplicate payments in QuickBooks and then choose Edit.
- Once you have selected Edit, click Delete Line from the drop-down menu.
- To apply the changes click Save.
- Next, move to List menu and choose Chart of Accounts.
- Double-click the undeposited funds to open bank account register.
- Choose the duplicate payment that you want to delete and using the Edit button, select Delete Payment.
Steps to Delete Deposited Payment in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and from the dashboard, click the Record Deposits icon that is available under the Banking tab.
- Once Payments to Deposit window appears, click Cancel under the Make Deposits View section.
- For deleting payments in QuickBooks, click on the specific deposit. If you cannot locate it, click Previous and look for that specific entry.
- In the Edit menu, press Delete Deposit.
- Confirm the action in the warning message with OK.
With these steps you can easily undo a payment on QuickBooks.
Delete a Payment from Undeposited Funds
- Log in to the QuickBooks and choose Lists.
- From there click on Chart of Accounts.
- From the drop-down list, choose Undeposited Funds.
- Right-click on Amount and in the options displayed, click Delete Deposit.
- Press OK to confirm the deletion. Hope you found the answer for how to delete deposit in QuickBooks.
Note: If you are using the undeposited funds account, removing the payment also removes the payment. When you want to deposit the funds later, the original payment is to be recreated.
Go ahead and Delete a Payment in QuickBooks Online
For a customer payment, here are steps you can go ahead and successfully delete a payment from QuickBooks Online.
- Click Customers and then choose Customer.
- Once all the payments are displayed, select the payment that you want to delete.
- Click More at the bottom of the Payments window and then click Delete.
How to unapply a payment in QuickBooks? Delete a vendor payment in QuickBooks? How to delete deposit in QuickBooks? Hopefully, you have found the answers to all these questions above in the article. In case you still can’t figure out how to clean accounts with unwanted payments, talk to Customer support at +1- 855 738 2784.