Errors while updating QuickBooks Desktop are quite common and can appear anytime in the application during various operations. Update errors can also affect the QuickBooks Desktop features like payroll, and once you encounter any of such update errors, the application won’t allow you to download or install any updates. We all know how important it is to install the updates of any application as it removes the bugs from the application, make it more secure and adds new features for user convenience. Intuit as, like other application developers also release regular updates of QuickBooks Desktop and in case if you are getting any errors installing them then follow the complete article for a solution.
Struggling with QuickBooks Desktop Update Errors! Call QuickBooks Desktop Helpline Number (844)-888-4666 for Instant Support
What Trigger QuickBooks Update Errors
There are various types of update error that one can encounter and every error displays a different error code, some of the common update errors that you might face are Error 12157, Error 12045, Error 12037, Error 15227, and QuickBooks Error 404. Following are some of the known reasons that cause update errors in QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Incorrect Date and Time settings on your Windows computer.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks from downloading updates.
- More than one installation of QuickBooks Desktop on Windows.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Update Errors
Troubleshooting Step 1: Check Date and Time on your Computer
- Make sure that the date and time displayed on your system are correct if not then right-click the date and time displayed at the lower right corner of your desktop screen and select Adjust Date and Time.
- Unmark Set the Time Automatically slider box and click Change under the Change the date and time settings.
- Now set correct date and time and make sure that Set the Time Zone Automatically option is turned on.
- Click Change and close the Date and Time window.
- Open QuickBooks and try to download the updates again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Verify and Setup your Internet Connection
- Open Internet Explorer and visit a safe website that you regularly visit like intuit.com.
- If you are not able to access the website or getting any error message like Unable to Connect to the Internet, then contact your IT person or QuickBooks Support for help. If the website is loaded successfully, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and under the Help tab click Internet Connection Setup.
- Click Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.
- Hit Next and choose Advanced Connection Settings.
- Now click Restore Advanced Settings under the Advanced tab.
- Click OK and then hit Done.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Configure your Computer’s Firewall Settings
- Press the Start button and search for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the list and click the Port Monitor option.
- Note down the Port Number of your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now click the Start button again and search for Windows Firewall.
- Select Windows Firewall and click the Advanced Settings option from the left.
- Now right click the Inbound Rules and hit New Rule
- Click Port and then hit Next.
- The TCP option must be enabled.
- Now, checkmark the Specific Local Ports and enter the port number in the text box.
- Click Next and choose Allow the Connection.
- Click Next and type a name for this new rule.
- Now follow the same steps to set the outbound rules for QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Remove the Second Copy of QuickBooks Desktop
If you have the same version of QuickBooks Desktop installed twice on your computer then it can cause you to face update errors, we suggest you remove the other copy of the application and keep only one application installed on Windows.
There are still possibilities that you can get a new update error after following all the steps mentioned in this article as QuickBooks is an extensive application and requires multiple system resources to function, even a minor misconfiguration in Windows and application’s settings can trigger update errors. In case if you are not able to resolve the error you are facing and need help, you can call our QuickBooks Desktop technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for instant support.