No doubt, QuickBooks is the leading accounting software as it manages all the financial information of a user and helps them create invoices, balance sheets, and bills efficiently but it might be horrifying to get an company file error in QuickBooks as it contains all the crucial information of a business. An error that QuickBooks encounters while setting up multi-user access to a company file is Error 6175, 0. Once you get error 6175, QuickBooks displays an error message “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error code: (-6175,0)”. Follow the entire article for more info.
What Cause 6175, 0 Error in QuickBooks?
61XX errors are quite common in QuickBooks, and most of them are related to complications with the company file. QuickBooksDB is a service that is required by QuickBooks user to host a company file in a multi user environment, and QB Desktop error 6175 occurs when the firewall application installed on your system prevents QuickBooks Database service to run on Windows. Sometimes installing an antivirus and website blockers also triggers Error code 6175, 0 to appear in QuickBooks Desktop. Some less common reasons responsible for error 6175 are listed below:
- The server that shares the company file with other workstations in the network is not responding or busy in some other tasks.
- The Firewall has blocked the access to the company file on the server.
- Cyber sitter software is installed on the computer.
- QuickBooks Database service is in an inactive state.
NOTE: You might also get a different variations of this error with an error message “QuickBooks is trying to access the company file, but the database server is not responding Error Codes: (-6175, 0).” Follow the solution listed below in the given order for a quick fix.
Steps to Fix Error 6175
Important Points to Consider before following the steps to recover from QuickBooks error 6175
- Make sure you are using an account with administrative rights on Windows.
- QuickBooks Desktop installed on the server must be the updated to the latest version.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Navigate to the Downloads of your computer and double click qbfd.exe file for installation.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to finish the installation.
- If the application does not start automatically, double click the green color icon of QuickBooks File Doctor on the desktop to start the application.
- Hit the Browse button and locate your company file, select the company file and click Open.
- Select Both file damage and network connectivity option.
- If the application requires administrator password, then enter the password and hit Next.
- If you are performing the troubleshooting on the server, then select HOST/Server, otherwise select Workstation.
- Now the application will start repairing company file and network errors and once the repair process completes, exit QB File Doctor and open QuickBooks again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Set up Multi-User Access in QuickBooks Desktop to Fix Error 6175
- Under the File tab in QuickBooks Desktop, click Switch to Multi User Mode.
- Click Yes on the Hosting Setup window.
- Now click OK on the Multi-user setup information window.
- Click Setup Users and Passwords under the Company tab.
- Click Setup Users and then select Add Users.
- Fill in the correct information of the user that needs the access to the company file.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Assign Administrative Rights to QBDataServiceUser
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop application on your system.
- Press Windows + R key and type Control Panel.
- Hit Enter and select User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account.
- Double click QBDataServiceUser (QuickBooks Version).
- Click Change Account Type and then select Administrator.
- Click Change Account Type and exit Control Panel.
IMPORTANT: QBDBMgrN.exe is a process that is required by QuickBooks to host company file in a multi-user environment so make sure this process is running in the background of the computer under the processes. To check press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key together and select Task Manager and under the Processes tab, you will find the process. In case you don’t find the QBDBMgrN.exe under the processes then follow the steps below to restart the process for troubleshooting error 6175.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard and type services.msc.
- Press Enter and find and click QBDBMgrN.exe in the list of services.
- From the left side panel click Restart.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Add QuickBooks Processes to your Antivirus and Firewall’s Exclusion list
- It is not possible to list a single method to add QuickBooks to the exclusion list of every security application as every security application has different interface and settings. However, you can easily find the settings in your security application for adding QuickBooks to the exclusion list and in case if you are having any trouble then contact your application provider or get in touch with us at (844)-888-4666.
- For excluding QuickBooks from the Windows internal firewall, you can follow the step 2 from our article on QuickBooks Error 12029.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Application to Resolve Error 6175
- If none of the troubleshooting helps and you are still struggling to get rid of error 6175, 0 then we suggest you perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop application on your Server. Before going with the reinstallation make sure to take a backup of your company file at a safe location.
- For reinstallation go to the Control Panel and double click the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Follow the instructions to completely remove QuickBooks from the computer.
- Download and install the correct version of QuickBooks Desktop form the Download Page.
- Double click the setup file from the Downloads of your computer and follow the on-screen instructions for the installation.
- After the installation completes setup QuickBooks to host company file in Multi-User environment by following step 3 from this article.
These types of errors those occur while hosting a company file in multi-user mode requires multiple troubleshooting steps for a resolution, we understand resolving error 6175 from QuickBooks is a tedious task and it might take hours to get it fixed. In case you want immediate help resolving QuickBooks Desktop error 6175 then you can get in touch with QuickBooks experts those have years of experience troubleshooting such errors at QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666.