QuickBooks Mileage Tracking feature for Self Employed offers an effective way of keeping track of miles driven for reimbursement and tax deductions. As per the latest 2019 filings, you can claim up to 54.5 cents for every mile you travel. To ensure this feature functions properly on your iPhone with iOS 12 you need to make some important changes to the application settings. Follow the complete article for detailed instructions to fix QuickBooks mileage tracking not working error.
For help, you can call direct support number 1.855.738.2784 or follow the DIY method given below to resolve QuickBooks mileage tracking not working error
Make the Following Changes to the Mileage Tracking Settings:
Make sure to enable Auto Tracking under the settings of your QuickBooks Self Employed app. Open QuickBooks application on your phone and under the Mileage tab make sure Auto Tracking Toggle is green.
- Make sure to turn on the WiFi, so your phone can pick up the exact location.
- From the phone’s settings locate Self Employed app and set Location Service status to Always.
- Make sure Set Motion, Background App Refresh, Cellular Data, and Fitness options are running in the settings.
- To maintain phone’s battery performance your phone can disable applications when running low on battery. So make sure to Turn -off Low Battery Mode, and no other application is installed on your phone that can disable the Self Employed app to maintain battery performance.
- Under your phone’s settings check the status of Do not disturb mode. Make sure it is turned off as using your phone in Do not disturb mode can prevent it from connecting with the network resulting issues in tracking locations.
- Make sure Content & Privacy Restrictions is turned off on your phone. Under your phone settings tap Screen Time and then tap Content & Privacy Settings to check its status. Now under the same Screen Time settings select Always Allow for QuickBooks this will allow the Self Employed app to use phone’s screen without any restrictions.
- Under your phone settings go to the Privacy ->Services->System Services, and check if Significant Location is turned on.
Some Important Points to Consider if Mileage Tracker is not Working:
- If you are not using the QuickBooks Self-Employed app on a regular basis, then this can terminate the app from the background processes.
- Whenever you get a prompt from your phone asking whether to allow the Self Employed application to access device location or not, then select Continue because if you don’t allow the app to use device location, then it will not function properly.
- Make sure to update the self-employed app to the latest version.Even after updating all the setting if you are having issues running the application, then we will suggest you update your iOS to the most recent version.
- Force quit and restart the application if the issue persists. For this double tap, the Home button and swipe Self Employed app to left or right.
- If your phone is rebooted, then turn on the airplane mode of your phone for a few seconds and then turn it back off to get proper networks and then open QuickBooks Self Employed app.
Following all the steps mentioned above will resolve QuickBooks mileage tracking not working issue, and you will be back on track with the mileage tracking feature. If in case your app is still not functioning properly then contact support by dialing our Helpline Number 1.855.738.2784 and one of our experts will rectify the issue for you in the shortest time possible.