One of the most prominent features of QuickBooks is the QB Payroll. This highly-used component allows business organizations to track and maintain a clear picture of their employee-related funds, along with their taxes, paycheck, etc. Apart from this, payroll also has an infamous category of errors known as the PS update errors. As a user, you might also have come across one of these while downloading the newest program updates. This blog focuses on one of these –
“QuickBooks Error PS034: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” It is evident from the supported text that QB encountered a glitch during the download. If you, too, have been a part of the victim population, have a look at the below blog to find a cure.
Tired of looking for the right assistance to help you troubleshoot QuickBooks Error PS034. Speak with our experienced tech support team at +1- 855 738 2784, and receive feasible solutions in no time
Fundamental Causes behind Tax Table Updates Error PS034
Your Payroll updates are not downloading due to one or more reasons that are enlisted below. However, the triggers are not limited to just these cases; there may be more –
- A damaged or corrupted installation file.
- Broken internet or network failure may also evoke the QuickBooks Update Error PS034.
- Invalid billing information is entered in the transaction files.
- An interrupted payroll update download.
- If the payroll is not registered, QB may face difficulties in verifying information, leading to Error PS034 While Updating QuickBooks Payroll.
Easy-to-Follow Steps to Fix QuickBooks Enterprise Error PS034
Many users are forced to deal with PS034 when downloading payroll as they are unaware of how to eliminate the same. Here are some practices you can follow to avoid such a situation –
Technique 1 – Remove any Duplicate Copies of QuickBooks Desktop
You can have numerous types of the QuickBooks programs on your device; however, having multiple copies of the same version can create ambiguity. You must get rid of any other installations for one version –
- Tap on the Windows key + R on your keyboard to trigger the Run prompt.
- Write Control Panel in the search field and click on the OK button.
- In the following window, select Programs and Features and then click on Uninstall a Program.
- From the given list of programs, look for identical QB versions. You can have one version for every year.
- Select any copies and hit the Uninstall/ Change tab on top. Follow the process to remove them.
Technique 2 – Change the Name of the QuickBooks CPS Folder
Renaming the files or folders can refresh the data as it creates new versions of both of these. Here, we will rename one of the vital folders of QuickBooks –
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and move to your home screen.
- Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard and letter E together to open the File Explorer screen.
- Here, go to This PC and double-click on C: Drive.
- Look for the Program Files (x86) folder or the Program Files folder and open it.
- Further, move to the Intuit folder and access the QB folder for the current version running on your device.
- Open the Components folder and move ahead to the Payroll folder.
- Finally, locate and right-click on the CPS folder. Tap on Rename.
- Enter OLD at the end of the folder name – CPSOLD.
- Go back to the QBDT screen to create a new CPS folder and download the payroll update.
Technique 3 – Fix the Damage in QuickBooks Desktop
Encountering issues while the download or installation process is common; and these bugs can be fixed by running the most reliable tool from QB – the QuickBooks Tool Hub –
- Download the latest available QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website.
- Save the file at your desktop or local drive for easy access in the future.
- Double-click on the file and follow the on-screen prompts to initiate and complete the installation process.
- Once done, launch the Tool Hub and click on the Program Problems tab.
- Choose the “Quick Fix my Program” option and wait for the program to run on your system.
- After this, press the Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the Tool to run; it can take a while.
- Finally, close the window and switch back to QB Desktop to download the updates again.
Technique 4 – Make Alterations in the User Account Control Settings
The User Account Control (UAC) settings are supposed to work as a shield for your device to protect it from internet threats. Sometimes, these settings are too restrictive to allow QB to operate interruptedly. Here, we will turn off the UAC; you can enable it later –
- Click on the Windows icon, and in the search box of the Start menu, type Control Panel.
- Hit the Enter key to be directed to a new window.
- Press the User Accounts option and then select User Accounts (Classic View).
- Go to “Change user account control settings” and tap on Yes to confirm.
- Now, a slider will appear on your screen with two options.
- Click and hold the slider, move it to the Never Notify side to disable the UAC.
- At last, hit the Yes tab and reboot your device to save the settings.
This was all about QuickBooks Error PS034. In this complete troubleshooting process, we have tried to cover all relevant and resourceful information in context to the issue. Also, effective and reliable resolutions methods are discussed in detail. If you have followed all approaches and continue to encounter the issue on your device, we suggest you to try an alternate method. Get in touch with our certified pro-advisors at +1- 855 738 2784 for prompt support.