You have an up and running business which you are running with the help of a team of Accountants. Now, you want to expand your business, and instead of hiring more accountants someone suggested you handle your books by the help of an innovative software QuickBooks. QuickBooks not just manages your books but also makes the life of accountants much more comfortable with its features like reconciliation, and automatic payrolls. But now the first question that enters your mind is Which QuickBooks software is best for you? QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop Version? In this blog, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop in details and help you decide by presenting you all the facts.
If you Need to Consult a Certified experts before Choosing the Right QuickBooks for you then Call Support at +1- 855 738 2784
Why should you buy the QuickBooks Desktop Version?
|Features||QuickBooks Online Version||QuickBooks Desktop Version|
When you are unsure of something, and you are yet to make up your mind, then what would you do? Will you try to get a free trial to buy it? Many users might.
|QuickBooks online version comes with a free 30 days trial, and you don’t have to pay a single penny until you are satisfied. You can always say no if you don’t like the product.||QuickBooks Desktop also comes with a free 30 days trial, and you don’t have to pay a single penny until you are satisfied. You can always say no if you don’t like the product.|
What kind of model they have when it comes to payment? Is it a subscription model or a one-time fee?
|QuickBooks Online comes with a subscription model for which you have to pay every month.||There’s no monthly subscription fee for QB Desktop. There’s only a one-time payment that you need to pay at the time of your purchase of QuickBooks Desktop pro. Or QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus.|
If you are buying software the there must be questions in your mind related to the required internet speed or whether the app requires an internet connection.
|QuickBooks online needs a powerful internet connection or else it might take a lifetime to load. QuickBooks online is a robust software and requires a fast internet connection.||Desktop version of QuickBooks does not require connectivity with the internet unless you need to update it or want to utilize web features like payroll and online banking.|
Remote access is a feature by which anyone can access your software across the globe on more than one personal computer.
|QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based software and has the remote accessibility all over the globe all you require is a fast internet connection and remote access and you can log in into the QuickBooks from any location.||The QuickBooks Desktop is only linked to the computer in which the QuickBooks is installed so you cannot access QuickBooks Desktop remotely.|
There are some additional features like the ability to prepare 1099s, budget, and tracking of mileage and expenses.
|QuickBooks online version does not come with some of the few additional features and cannot prepare 1099s; it cannot track mileage and budget expenses.||QuickBooks desktop version not only lets you create 1099s but desktop version also allows you to customize them according to your needs.|
|Customer Support||QuickBooks Online comes with full which the user can access 24*7.||Although the basic QuickBooks desktop software does not come with the customer support, the Pro Plus edition comes with it.|
We hope you have got the answers to your question after reading the QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop Comparison chart and your choice between QuickBooks Desktop vs online version is clear. If not you can contact our experts team who will answer every question of yours and help you decide which QuickBooks version to go for
Why QuickBooks Desktop Version should be your Prime choice?
Now we will discuss how QuickBooks Desktop can be beneficial to you depending on the specific needs of a business
- If your business is just in its starting stage and you don’t have many employees then QuickBooks desktop is the perfect choice for you as only a small number of people will require working on the company file.
- If your business has a fix location, and you don’t travel frequently.
- There are two types of users one who requires online access. One who does not so if you don’t want online access then only QuickBooks Desktop will be the right choice for you.
- Other reason to go for QuickBooks desktop is if you want an ideal setup means you don’t wish added features like budget tracking, filing of 1099 contracts, or Merge Company File.
Why should QuickBooks Online version be your prime choice?
After having an idea of why you must go for QuickBooks Desktop now let’s have a look at some amazing features QuickBooks Online offers.
- When you have more employee data, then you will need more accountants with QuickBooks access at the same time, so if that’s the case, then you will need QuickBooks online
- If you are a user who doesn’t like monthly installments then you won’t like this subscription model, but if you do like monthly subscription, then QuickBooks Online is the right choice for you.
- If you have external contractors working in your organization. Then you will need customized 1099 contracts and in such case QuickBooks online is the right choice for you.
- If you are a frequent traveler and need access to your business data from anywhere in the world then QuickBooks Online will be the ultimate solution for you.
So, both QuickBooks versions have their own benefits and drawbacks and we hope that you have make up your mind after going through this article on QuickBooks Online Vs Desktop. If in case you are still not sure which one to go for or you have some other doubts related to QuickBooks you can call our Support number +1- 855 738 2784 at any time.