QuickBooks Database Server Manager or QBDSM helps you to utilize the multi-user feature in your QuickBooks Desktop application. It authorizes all the workstations to connect with the server computer via a mutual network. It helps multiple QuickBooks users access the company file from the server computer and gives them the ability to work in collaboration. However, the tool needs efforts from the user’s side as well. So in this article we will talk about why it is important to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager and how to do it.
Are you constantly facing trouble with QuickBooks Database Server Manager? If yes, then dial toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784 and get expert’s assistance over the issue anytime
Why do you need to download QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update?
As we know, the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a significant tool as it authorizes the multi-user functionality in QB Desktop. To keep issues away from the tool, you should always download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager latest updates. Here is a list of some common errors that you may face with an outdated QBDSM.
- QBDBMGRN not running on this computer error
- QuickBooks Error H202
- QB Error 1920
- QuickBooks Network Diagnostics Failed error
These errors can disrupt your daily operations in QuickBooks to a very large extent. Different solutions can resolve them as per the situations, but they can mostly be eliminated from an update in QBDSM.
How to check if I have latest update for QuickBooks Database Manager?
For the answer to this question and to check for QuickBooks Database Server Manager updates, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop and press F2 or Ctrl + 1.
- It will open the Product Information Window for you to check the current version.
- Compare the latest product versions with this link.
How to Download and Install QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
In order to download and install QuickBooks Database Server Manager Update, you would need to install it first. There is no need to download it externally as it comes within the QuickBooks Desktop patch. You just have to install it by following the given steps:
- Exit every running program in your computer through Task Manager, even QB.
- Go to the folder where you have kept the Setup_QuickBooks.exe file that initiates the installation process.
- If you have the physical product, run the compact disk, and start the installation wizard.
- Accept the license agreement and submit your product registration details.
- Follow the instructions until you reach a page where QuickBooks asks you to select an installation type.
- Choose from Custom or Network Options and select Next.
- Now choose from the two options to download, either QuickBooks Desktop and the Database Server Manager or just the latter. Keep in mind that if you choose I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing… then it will install both without overwriting any previous data.
- After following the further instructions, choose Install.
How to Manually Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
In order to download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager updates manually, follow these steps.
- Click on the Start button.
- Select Programs and look for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After opening the Server Manager, go to Updates section.
- Complete the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard to update the QB Database Server Manager.
Here is an alternate way to update it manually through QuickBooks Desktop. Check it out:
- Close company file and right-click on the QB Desktop icon.
- Select Run as administrator option.
- On the No Company Open screen, click on the Help tab.
- Select Update QuickBooks and select the Options tab.
- Click on Mark All and then click on Save.
- Go to Update Now tab and check on the Reset Update option.
- At last, click on Get Updates.
- When the system finishes the update, restart your QuickBooks and select Yes to install them.
- Restart your computer after the installation.
Important Note: An update can make a few changes to your QuickBooks settings and data. So, authorize QuickBooks to create a backup.
How do I update QuickBooks Database Server Manager automatically in the future?
In order to download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager 2020 update automatically, you would need to schedule them via the following steps:
- Open QuickBooks and select the Help tab.
- Click on Update QuickBooks and select the Options tab.
- Click on Yes to turn on the automatic updates and select Close.
Important Note: Select Yes for each computer on your network to share automatic updates with them.
We hope that the given content will help you to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager, and hopefully resolve any issue related to it. However, if there are any queries left unanswered from our part, call Support at +1- 855 738 2784 and get immediate assistance 24*7.