Many users have reported encountering QuickBooks scheduled backup not working error. It has messed up with their storage system and is causing severe problems and the risk of data loss if not given attention soon. However, here’s a comprehensive guide to help you figure out the ins and outs of this error and how to eliminate it effectively and quickly.
QuickBooks automatic backup is a data backup feature that backs up your crucial QuickBooks files on a regular basis. Utilizing the functionality, you can schedule the backup in such a way that QuickBooks will automatically take the backup of your data even if you forget to do so. Scheduling an automatic backup is the easiest approach to ensure the safety of your QuickBooks data. However, as with other features that empower QuickBooks, the scheduled backup feature also encounters errors. If you are also searching for the “QuickBooks Automatic Backup not Working” error, then follow the article for a detailed troubleshooting method.
Are you struggling to eliminate the QuickBooks scheduled backup not working errors? Call Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Immediate Assistance from QuickBooks professionals with expertise in such matters. Receive instant and effective troubleshooting from them without stressing much
What is meant by QuickBooks Online Backup?
Simply put, QuickBooks online backup is a setting configured in the QB Online version that enables the application to store all the data files and essential folders on a cloud server. Online backing up of data in the cloud enables the data to stay safe in the proper space and can be retrieved whenever necessary. It prevents troubles like data loss or corruption as accurate files are safely stored in a proper location.
QuickBooks users of any version can take QuickBooks enterprise backup. It will store their data in a secure location that you can choose yourself, either cloud or local storage.
Recommended To Read – How To Resolve Intuit Data Protect Has Stopped Working Error
What does QuickBooks Backup Not Responding Error Mean?
QuickBooks backup not responding error emerges when the backup feature doesn’t work as intended. It means that either the automatic backups are not happening or they are pausing and getting interrupted in between. This problem can cause accidental data loss, which may cause severe problems in the future. Various reasons can bring the QuickBooks desktop cloud backup to come to a halt. So, knowing them before time is critical to implement adequate troubleshooting methods.
Some Reasons that Cause “QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not Working” Error
Look for the following triggers when your QuickBooks online data backup doesn’t work:
- QuickBooks is set up to run for a different version of Windows. For example – you are using Windows 10, and QuickBooks is configured for Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
- Improper setup of scheduled backups in QuickBooks may cause QuickBooks online backup not working error.
- The outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is also one of the reasons automatic backup stops working.
- Damage in the QuickBooks company file also triggers errors in scheduling automatic backups in QuickBooks.
- The minor causes for the QuickBooks online backup download not working relate to the company file name exceeding the specified limits and not adhering to the standards of the file name.
- Having an .ADR extension in the file name can also interrupt the backup procedure in QuickBooks online backup service.
- If the size of the company file is more than the standard, i.e., 3 GB, you are in for errors.
- Saving the backup to an external flash or hard drive can also trigger problems in QuickBooks auto backup. It can be because the external drive doesn’t have enough space or is virus-infected or corrupt in general.
- Compatibility issues between the Windows operations system and QuickBooks can cause problems in the backup.
- QuickBooks may not have the required access permissions to create backups in the designated drive or folder.
- Improper backup configurations can lead to problems in QuickBooks desktop online backup.
- The QB Desktop application might be damaged or corrupt due to various reasons like viruses or improper installation.
- Insufficient Windows permissions can also lead to this error.
These reasons are adequate to address the problem in QuickBooks remote backup. Therefore, effective troubleshooting solutions are given as follows to fix the issue.
Read Also – How To Fix QuickBooks Express Web Connect Error
Here’s How to Resolve QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not Working on Windows Problem
Resolve the QuickBooks backup not working error by implementing the following solutions:
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Updates
Having your QuickBooks Desktop up to date ensures that there are no bugs present in the application that can cause issues while automatically backing up the QuickBooks data. Follow the instructions below and quickly get the latest updates of your QuickBooks Desktop application installed. Further, you can learn properly how to set up an auto backup in QuickBooks.
- Run QuickBooks and ensure you either have the administrative rights or you are logged in with the administrator account.
- Go to the Help tab and select the option that says Update QuickBooks Desktop to proceed further with the update process.
- Now move to the Update Now tab and select the Get Updates option and this will prompt QuickBooks to download all the available updates.
- Restart QuickBooks, and when prompted to install the updates, click the Install Updates option. It will answer your query, “does QuickBooks backup automatically.”
- Retry to set up automatic backup and see if it is working.
Here’s a step-by-step on how to set up automatic backup QuickBooks:
- Go to the File menu in the QuickBooks Desktop and hit the Back-Up option.
- Next, hit the Schedule a backup tab.
- Now, click the option that says Automatically backup when closing every data file.
- Ensure to enter the appropriate backup frequency.
- Make proper selections in the QuickBooks backup windows.
- Click OK and bask in the glory of QuickBooks online backup support.
You can find more detailed instructions on downloading and installing the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop in our article on How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
Damage in the company file data can also be a reason why QuickBooks online backup to desktop. Follow the solution below and repair the damage in the QuickBooks data using QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility to fix issues with automatic data backup.
- QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility is an inbuilt QuickBooks tool that verifies the integrity of QuickBooks company file, and if any damage is found, then it automatically repairs the damage.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, and from under the File tab, keep your mouse cursor over the utility section to resolve the automatic QuickBooks backup error.
- Select Verify Data option from the drop-down list.
- QuickBooks will now scan the company file for any errors and corruption.
- If QuickBooks displays “Your Data has Lost Integrity,” then close the message and click the File tab again.
- Move your mouse cursor to the Utilities sections and select Rebuild Data.
- Click OK at the Backup Company Data popup window and take a backup of your company file data on your Desktop for a successful QuickBooks desktop backup online.
- Click OK, and the QuickBooks Rebuild Data tool will repair the damage in the company file.
- Once you see the error message “Rebuild has Completed,” click OK and try to schedule the automatic backups once again.
After running the QB Verify and rebuild utility, look into the question of how to set up automatic backup in QuickBooks desktop and resolve it as follows:
- Move to the File menu and choose the Save copy or backup option.
- When this window opens, hit the Backup copy option, followed by the Next option.
- If you haven’t configured these settings already for the QuickBooks enterprise online backup, do so by clicking Options to set the backup defaults. Here you decide the location for your backup file. Hit next after setting this up.
- Next, Choose the change location option or use this location.
- Hit next.
- Then, click Save it now and schedule future backups or Only schedule future backups, and click Next to facilitate backing up QuickBooks online.
- Choose the Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file every [number] times box.
- Enter a number in the provided field and click Finish to end the question, “does QuickBooks automatically backup.”
Solution 3: Verify Scheduled Automatic Backup Settings in QuickBooks
In our article Scheduling a Local Backup in QuickBooks Desktop – Explained, we have mentioned a step-by-step method to schedule a local backup in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the instructions from the article to properly configure QuickBooks enterprise automatic backup.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode for your Windows Version
Set automatic backup QuickBooks by ensuring compatibility between Windows and QB.
NOTE: To check the version of your Windows, press Windows + R on your keyboard, type the winver command in the Run box, and press Enter. The About Windows popup window will display the Windows version you are using to facilitate QuickBooks schedule backup.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and checkmark the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox.
- Click the drop-down list and select the Windows version you are using.
- Click Apply and then hit OK for QuickBooks scheduled backup.
- Check if you can fix the problem with this solution.
- For more detailed instructions on running an application in Windows-compatible mode, follow the article Make Older Apps or Programs Compatible with Windows 10.
- In case the QuickBooks pro online backup is still not working in QuickBooks then you might need to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Solution 5: Repair the QuickBooks application
If your QuickBooks application is damaged, it might cause problems in online backup for QuickBooks desktop. Resolve it by repairing the app as follows:
- Go to the Control Panel on your system.
- Select the Programs and Features option.
- Hit the Uninstall/ Change a program option.
- From the list of currently installed programs, select QuickBooks Desktop to automatic backup QuickBooks desktop.
- Hit the Change option in place of uninstall.
- Further, choose the repair option and follow the on-screen wizard to undertake this procedure successfully.
- Once the repair procedure finishes, you will be error-free in no time. Check does QuickBooks online automatically backup after doing so.
You May Also Like To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6069
Solution 6: Modify the name of the QB Company file
Maybe, a company file name which is too long or has special characters is causing the problems that do not let you automate QuickBooks backup. In such situations, rename the company file as follows:
- Begin by getting the product information from QB by pressing the F2 key in QB. Note down the company file location from the product information window accessible through the F2 key or Ctrl + 1 keys.
- Now, navigate to this location to locate the company file.
- Right-click the company file once you locate it and choose the rename option to enable QuickBooks backup automatically.
- Change the name and save the changes by confirming the modifications.
- Once done, you’re good to go.
Check if you still encounter problems with QuickBooks desktop automatic backup.
Some users might find the above-mentioned troubleshooting method complicated as it involves reconfiguring Windows features. If you are also one of the users who is unable to resolve the “QuickBooks Scheduled Backup Not Working” error, then reach us at our Customer Service Number +1- 855 738 2784 for help and quick assistance.
Does QuickBooks save automatically?
Yes, the answer to does QuickBooks save automatically is positive, considering you have configured the settings to do so.
Does QuickBooks Online backup my data?
Yes, the answer to does QuickBooks online backup my data is positive. You can check in the QB online settings to enable backing up your essential files and schedule them at appropriate times.
What to do if QB backup doesn’t respond?
If your QuickBooks backup not responding, you need to undertake all the solutions mentioned above in the article. Further, you need to ensure not to exceed the company file size or name by compressing the files and changing the name. Ensure to have proper extensions and not set up excessively frequent backups. Further, if the QuickBooks backup schedule is still not working perfectly, you need to connect with the QuickBooks experts at the +1- 855 738 2784.
Related Posts –
Getting QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Issue? Fix it now!
Rectify QuickBooks Error 15270 With Expert-Recommended Solutions
Detailed Insights into Error Codes and QuickBooks Error Support
What is QuickBooks Data Migration Service & How to do Migration
Your Ultimate Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working Error