QuickBooks users have experienced the smooth working of the application, and with constant updates, the application eliminates common glitches. But, there are times when some inconsistencies hinder the working of QuickBooks on the computer. Such errors are run-time errors and can appear as QuickBooks Error 361. With this error code, the following message appears on the screen.
“Error 361: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
This blog is a savior if you have encountered this run time error 361. The steps to fix the issue are listed most simply, but for those of you who want a quick resolution, we suggest contacting the our support team on +1- 855 738 2784
Solution 1: Close Conflicting Applications
One primary reason for encountering run time error 361 in QuickBooks is the running of conflicting applications along with QuickBooks. Hence, we suggest closing these incompatible programs to solve the run time error, and here are the steps for the same.
- Use Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to open the Task Manager.
- You will see the Task Manager window, which will display the list of programs running on your system.
- Now, from the top menu, click on the Processes tab.
- You must now highlight the programs you want to close one by one.
- Click on the End Process button.
- If the reason for QuickBooks Error 361 was a conflicting program, you might see a program causing an error message while trying to close it.
- This will help you identify the program leading to the error in QuickBooks, and after the identification, you must reinstall it on your system.
Read Also – QuickBooks Runtime Error R6025
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Incompatible Programs
Now that you have identified the conflicting programs using the first solution, it is time to reinstall that particular program to fix error code 361 in QuickBooks.
Method 1: With the help of the Control Panel
- If you are a user of Windows 7, then press the Start Button. Navigate to the Control panel and select Uninstall a program.
- For Windows 8 users, we suggest using the Start Button and scrolling down to the More Settings option. Click on Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Users of Windows 10 must type Control Panel in the search bar. Once Control Panel opens up, select the Uninstall a program option.
- Now that you are on the Programs and Features screen highlight the conflicting program.
- Choose the Update or Uninstall option.
- You can select either update or uninstall and, as per your choice, follow the prompts to complete the procedure.
- If you choose to uninstall the application, then re-download it.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Runtime Error
Method 2: Other Methods to Uninstall the Conflicting application
- Those with Windows 7 operating system must click on the Start button and scroll through the list of programs installed on your system. Click on uninstalling the program option and use this utility to uninstall the required program.
- For Windows 10: Click on the Start menu and choose Settings. Select Apps.
- Now scroll down through the list of programs and features installed on your PC.
- Select the Program that is leading to run-time error 361 in QuickBooks.
- Click on uninstall or the Advanced options, which will reset the application.
Solution 3: Reinstall Runtime Libraries
It is possible that QuickBooks Error 361 may be appearing due to an error in the installation of the MS Visual C++ package. Hence, our experts suggest uninstalling the present libraries and reinstalling them. However, you don’t have to worry if you are not a technical expert. Our experts have made the steps easy to follow.
- First, you must navigate to the Programs and Features option.
- Now, look for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package under the list of installed applications on your system.
- Choose Uninstall, which will initiate the process.
- Reboot your PC.
- At last, use your web browser to open Microsoft’s website and download and install the latest redistributable package.
Solution 4: Run Disk Cleanup
In case of low disk space on your computer, it is possible to stumble upon Error Code 361 in QuickBooks. Hence, let us look at ways to free some space on the computer.
- First, keeping a backup of your essential files is important before freeing up your hard drive’s space.
- Cache collected over time can hold a lot of system space, and we suggest clearing your cache and soon after rebooting your system.
- Now, to run the Disk Cleanup process, launch the explorer window. Right-click on C:
- Choose the Properties option.
- Hit on the Disk Cleanup button.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Error 30114
Solution 5: Fix Internet Explorer to Resolve Run Time Error 361
If QuickBooks Error 361 is linked to glitches in Internet Explorer, then this fifth solution will be helpful.
- Restore your browser’s default settings.
- For Windows 7, navigate to the Start button. Click on the Control Panel, and from the left side, choose Internet Options. Then you must hit on the Advanced tab before pressing the Reset button.
- If you have Windows 8 and 10 operation system: You must click on search and enter Internet Options in the search bar. Click on the Advanced tab button and select Reset.
- Disabling of the script debugging and error notifications.
- Open the Internet Options screen and from the top menu, choose the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Disable script debugging option.
- Now, select the radio button.
- Ensure that the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item is not selected.
- Finally, press the Apply button and then OK.
- You must reboot your computer to bring the changes to effect.
With this, the smart solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 361 come to an end. We hope, just like other QuickBooks users, you could also fix the error with ease. Are you still encountering the run time error? Then probably, the error roots from an unknown reason, and a complete computer diagnosis is to be performed. Waste no time and call support team on the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784.
Related Posts –
Easy Procedures to Help You Fix QuickBooks Error 30
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6130 in Minutes
Reviewing the Concepts around QuickBooks Error 3003