Being unable to send crucial business emails can ruin your day of the job, productivity, and can even entail business loss. If you are also unable to send your invoices using QuickBooks Desktop Webmail feature, then the problem is very likely related to the incorrect webmail preferences. One common error that several QuickBooks users encounter while sending emails using QuickBooks Desktop is “QuickBooks could not connect to email server” error. To guide you through the hassles of sending email through QuickBooks we have prepared this article in which we have listed the several reasons that cause “Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server” or “QuickBooks unable to send emails due to network connection failure”error along with a step-by-step troubleshooting method.
Are you Dealing with Server Connection Error When Sending an Invoice using QuickBooks ? Call +1- 855 738 2784 for Quick Help and Guidance
QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server Error – Description
Lack of proper application setup and failure to configure correct Windows firewall rules not only cause server connection error while sending emails or QuickBooks is Unable to Send Emails due to Network Connection Failure but also triggers several other errors. Here is the exact description of the server connection error that a user encounters while sending emails from QuickBooks:
Couldn’t Connect to Email Server We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider. Please select the correct option below to continue. Change Password Retry Cancel
Common Reasons that Cause Server Connection Error While Sending Email
Following is the list of some of the most common reasons that cause QuickBooks to display “Couldn’t Connect to the Email Server” error:
- Your internet connection is experiencing downtimes, or you are not connected to the internet.
- QuickBooks also displays server connection error when your email server settings are not properly configured.
- While logging in to your email, you have used an incorrect ID or password.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest released version.
- Improper Internet Explorer settings are hindering QuickBooks connection with the email server.
- When QuickBooks does not have the necessary admin rights on Windows, then also it encounters errors while sending emails.
IMPORTANT: Installing updates of your QuickBooks Desktop application on a regular basis is always a good practice as it ensures your application is free from most recent bugs and application flaws. Before applying the troubleshooting mentioned further in this article, make sure to Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version.
Solutions to Apply when QuickBooks Cannot Email Invoices because of Server Connection Error
Solution 1: Verify the Settings under Webmail Preferences
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from under the Edit tab click Preferences.
- Click Send Forms from the left side of the screen.
- Choose the email account that you are using to send emails from under My Preferences.
- Click Edit and from the Edit Email Info window navigate to the SMTP Server Details area.
- Now enter the correct server name and port number. For reference visit Common Email Server Addresses (POP3 / IMAP / SMTP)
- Save the settings and try to send an invoice once again using QuickBooks Webmail.
If QuickBooks unable to send email due to network connection failure is still there then follow our next solution.
Solution 2: Reset your Internet Explorer to the Default Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner of the window.
- Select Internet Options and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click Restore Advanced Settings and then OK.
- Exit Internet Explorer and try to send the email once again.
NOTE: Sometimes Windows Firewall and other firewall/antivirus applications restrict QuickBooks and other applications to send information outside to the home network that results in errors while sending emails. Exit out any security application for a while and try to send email from QuickBooks. If turning-off security application resolves the error, then you need to reconfigure the app for a permanent fix. You can contact the application provider/vendor for detailed instructions, or you can call Support at +1- 855 738 2784 for help.
Solution 3: Assign Windows User the Admin Rights to Run QuickBooks with Admin Rights
For detailed instructions, follow our article How to Create or Add a User with Administrator Rights on Windows.
The above mentioned are some of the troubleshooting instructions for some common reasons that cause QuickBooks could not Connect to the Email Server error. There are still chances that the error might reappear after the troubleshooting if it is caused by some lesser-known reasons. In case, if you are still struggling to resolve the error and need the help of an expert, then you can reach us at our Direct Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784.