QuickBooks American Express not syncing issue has flooded the query boxes of QB experts as users are facing significant troubles doing so. Well, if you’re among them, do know that there’s nothing to worry and here we have listed effective and practical solutions you can implement to eliminate the issue from the core.
After Wells Fargo banking issues in QuickBooks now, support forums are flooded with questions and queries by Amex users. It has been quite a few days Amex users have been facing QuickBooks bank feeds not working 2022 issue while updating their bank accounts with QuickBooks and Error 9999 pops up every time they try to update bank feeds.
If you’re among the users who have given up hope in rectifying the annoying error QuickBooks American Express not syncing, it’s wise for you to get in touch with experts at +1- 855 738 2784. Not only will they provide an effective resolution to the error, but they will also guide you in-depth about how to resolve it if yourself
What is QuickBooks American Express not Syncing issue?
The QuickBooks bank feeds not working issue indicates problems between American Express and your bank in working simultaneously and producing real-time results. Let’s delve into the issue in depth. Banks usually allow daily downloads and manual updates. However, American Express encounters limitations in downloading transactions. Therefore, to revive the synchronization between the two, physical updates are applied.
Still, users may face error messages stating, “We’re working in sync with the Amex Business Credit Card (US) to resolve the connection.” This error leads to QuickBooks not updating bank transactions 2022.
Recommended To Read – Tackle QuickBooks Error 179
What is Amex?
Amex stands for American Express credit card, useful for users to make payments countrywide. American Express card is issued by a publicly traded financial services company. They are also known as charge cards, prepaid cards, or credit cards. It has several benefits and perks like reward points, cashback, travel perks, etc. Co-branded cards have related benefits.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 9999 for QuickBooks Online users:
Basically, users can resolve the QuickBooks Desktop bank feeds not working error by resetting the connection. Breaking the connection between QuickBooks and Amex can also help in loading the transactions. Disconnect and reconnect the connection to fix american express QuickBooks bank feed not working issue.
Disconnect AMEX and QuickBooks as follows:
Sync the Amex card by logging into your account with the ID and password and moving to the bank page. Stop QuickBooks from receiving the transaction from the bank (Banking Page > Disconnect Amex from QuickBooks), although it does stay active. Then, you can try reconnecting the account. The transaction entered in the “For Review” tab will get deleted. Therefore, you’ll have to add the transactions before they get erased. The steps for this are as follows:
- The left menu has the banking section.
- Choose the Banking option.
- Next, hit the Edit (pencil icon) against the account you wish to modify.
- Tick the box stating “Disconnect the account on save” in the Account window.
- Hit Save > Close, and you’re done.
Further, you need to confirm that the connection gets refreshed by disconnecting Intuit through Amex Online Banking:
- Disconnect the previous intuit connection for every Amex card.
- Login to American express on their website.
- Switch the account to business and not personal or corporate.
- Choose account services at the top.
- At the left, find Security and privacy.
- Select the option Manage Partner permissions.
- Choose intuit and expand its section.
- Hit disconnect and repeat the steps for all of your AMEX cards.
Reconnect Amex and QB
Download the recent transactions by reconnecting the Amex business card to fix QuickBooks desktop bank feeds not working issue. QB automatically downloads these transactions when you add Amex to the banking feed. The approval work you need to do is as follows:
- Visit the Banking section or the transaction menu.
- Choose to connect the account to the landing page if it’s for the first time.
- Select Add account if you have already connected before.
- Find the Amex card and continue > Save > Done.
- Sign in with the American Express username and password in the box that appears.
- Follow the additional security steps, instructions, etc.
- Select the accounts you wish to add, the account type through the drop-down menu for each of them, etc. It will
- help you form your chart of accounts.
- Determine the date range you want to download the transactions for and choose Connect.
Now that it’s done, you may not face any more issues in Amex syncing with QB.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error 12157
Clear cache and cookies from the browser
For basic troubleshooting for American express not connecting to QuickBooks, you can try clearing the cache, cookies and data from the application and web browsers.
- For Internet Explorer click, the Favorite button and select History tab now right click on any website and click Delete. You can even select multiple websites to delete at once.
- Firefox users click the Menu button, choose Options, now from the left-hand side panel select Privacy and Security then under Cookies and Site Data click Clear Data and hit OK.
- If you are a Chrome user, then click the three dots at the top right corner of your Chrome browser to open the Menu. Click More tools and select Clear browsing data now select time and click Clear browsing data.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 9999 for QuickBooks Desktop Users:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Help tab at the top of the application.
- Select Restore App Data.
If the problem persists then you can report the error directly to the our team. Following are the steps to report the error:
- Open QuickBooks.
- From under the Banking tab, click Report Issue.
- Enter your email address, name, and hit Submit.
- Now the issue has been reported directly to the technical team and you will hear back from the team within next few days.
Usually, it takes 8-10 business days for the team to resolve this issue for you but sometimes it can even take up to 21 days. It is a long process and we understand that a business cannot wait for such a long time to get this issue fixed, so if you want urgent support, you can call Our Error Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 for help.
QuickBooks American Express not Syncing – FAQs
How to re-sync Amex and QB?
Choose the apps from your system settings. See if QB is available in the list. Choose Help and feedback from the screen navigation. Select Refresh Data to do that. Again press Refresh and see if syncing happens.
How to connect Amex and QB?
Choose the connect account option from the menu. Enter your bank’s URL. Select the bank you want from the list that appears.
Related Posts –