Errors in QuickBooks are frustrating especially when the errors appear while managing your bank account transactions in QuickBooks Desktop or Online. In our previous articles, we have already discussed QuickBooks Online Banking Error 108 and Error 590 that causes difficulties in updating bank feeds and importing transactions in QuickBooks. Today we are going to clarify one more QuickBooks Banking error that generates error code 163 while updating the banking info in QuickBooks and while importing the transaction file in the application. In this article, along with the troubleshooting method, we have also listed some common reasons that trigger QuickBooks error 163 so follow the complete article for detailed info.
What is QuickBooks Banking Error 163
QuickBooks encounters numerous errors related to the company file, network connectivity, discrepancies in account statements, payroll and online banking. Error 163 is an Online banking error that that appears whenever a user tries to access online banking, import transactions, or change banking information in QuickBooks. Error 163 indicates that QuickBooks for some reasons is not able to connect with your banking website to download and fetch user’s data from it. Once you get this error the application displays error code 163 and suggest users wait for few hours and try again later for a resolution but it does not resolve the issue if the error causing reason is within the application. Down below we have listed all the reasons that cause QuickBooks to show error message 163.
Causes of QuickBooks Banking Error 163
- If your banking info like the website, routing number or the account number is changed, then this may cause QuickBooks Banking Error 163.
- The error is also triggered by the cache and junk files present in the browser you are using to access QuickBooks Online banking.
- Poor internet connectivity or no internet connection.
- Banking website temporarily down for the maintenance.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Banking Error 163
Troubleshooting Step 1: Run QuickBooks using Incognito Mode of your Browser
- Right-click the browser icon on your desktop and select New Incognito Window or New Private Window.
- Log in to your QuickBooks Online account and choose Banking from the panel at the left side.
- Click the banking icon at the top and select the Edit option with a pencil icon.
- Now choose Edit Sign in Info besides your bank account.
- Type the correct login credentials of your online bank account for the verification.
- After successfully logging in to your bank account, save the login info and try updating the transactions once again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Clear the Cache Memory of your Browser
For detailed instructions on how to clear the cache memory of different browsers follow troubleshooting step 1 from our article on QuickBooks 502 Bad Gateway Error.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Disconnect and Reconnect your Bank Account
- Open QuickBooks Online and from the Banking tab at the left select the bank account that is experiencing error 163.
- Now click the Edit option with a pencil symbol at the top of the window.
- Click Edit Account Info and hit the Disconnect this account on save option.
- Press the Save button.
- Now to reconnect the account first try to log in to your online banking account to make sure that the login credentials you are using are correct.
- Now from the Banking tab in QuickBooks Online choose Add Account.
- Select your bank from the Banks drop-down list.
- When prompted enter your online banking id, and password and press Enter to verify your login credentials.
- Complete any security verification and click Securely Connect.
- Now click the bank’s symbol beside your account and select the account type.
- Select from Bank account or Credit card account.
- Now for the final step click Connect.
After reconnecting the bank account try to update your transactions in QuickBooks and if the error persists then don’t worry we are always here for the help. You can always reach us at our QuickBooks Customer Helpline Number (844)-888-4666. Our support line is available 24/7 for continuous support, and our certified QuickBooks Experts can help you troubleshoot the error 163 in the shortest time possible.