QuickBooks online banking allows QuickBooks Desktop users to connect with their financial institutions to view and download the latest transactions and to use the banking services. While operating the online banking from within the QuickBooks, a user might encounter various types of error codes if the banking is not set up properly in the QB Desktop app. One such error is error OLSU 1013 that prevents users from updating their account information and mostly occurs while setting up online banking in QuickBooks. This article is intended to provide general guidance on how to fix this common bank connection error message OLSU-1013 in QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013
Whenever QuickBooks face trouble, connecting with the users banking institution it gives an error message “An unexpected error occurred. The branding and profile servers could not be accessed. Click Cancel to discontinue setup and then retry setting up the account for online services again. Error message number: [OLSU-1013] if the problem persists, call QuickBooks Support and provide the error message number above.” this error message can easily be removed from the application with proper troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article for more information.
What Triggers QuickBooks Error Message OLSU 1013 While Trying to Setup Online Banking
The primary reason that triggers Bank Feed error OLSU 1013 in QuickBooks is an ongoing issue with the banking institution of the user, and there are several types of issues that a bank might face during its operations. Down below we have listed all the reasons that cause Online banking account error OLSU-1013 in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Desktop version you are using is out of date.
- QuickBooks is facing difficulties connecting with the bank because of internet connectivity issues.
- Banking institution servers are not responding due to undergoing update or maintenance.
- Your financial institution directory is outdated.
- You are not using Express or Side by Side Mode.
- Your banking login credentials are not correct.
- Internet Explorer is not configured properly for QuickBooks to connect with the internet.
Points to Consider Before Fixing Error Code OLSU-1013
- Make sure to update your QuickBooks Desktop application version to the latest released version.
- Verify that you are having proper internet connectivity by visiting any safe website like google.com.
- Login into your online banking from the web browser to verify your banking login credentials are correct.
- Make sure to update internet explorer and set it as your default internet browser.
- Ensure that you are using QuickBooks in Single User mode.
Solution to Fix OLSU 1013 Error
Troubleshooting Step 1: Set the Default Account under Company and Personal Preferences
- Open QuickBooks and sign in into your company file with the administrator account.
- Select Preferences under the Edit menu and click Checking.
- Choose Default for all of the options under the My Preferences tab.
- Now under the Company Preferences tab choose Default account for all the options.
- Hit OK and try to login into your online banking using QuickBooks again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Perform an Update of your FIDIR (Financial Institution Directory)
- Open QuickBooks, from under the Banking tab click Bank Feeds and then hit Bank Feeds Center.
- Now from the dropdown menu click Sync all for this bank.
NOTE: If automatic update process does not work then follow the steps below for the manual update.
- Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks XXXX\ Components\OLB \branding \filist.
- Click the link down below for your QuickBooks version and select all the text on the page by pressing Ctrl + A on your keyboard.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy all the text from the page.
- Now inside the filist folder double-click the fidir.txt file to open.
- Press Ctrl + A and then press Ctrl+ V.
- Now from the File tab at the top left corner click Save and close the file.
- Restart QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Set QuickBooks to Use the Express Mode
- Click Preferences from under the Edit tab in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Checking from the left side of the dashboard.
- Click the Company Preferences tab and select Express Mode in the Bank Feed window.
- Click OK to save changes.
QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013 can affect users of any bank like Bank of America, Chase Bank, or Capital One and sometimes it is hard to find a solution of this error if it is caused by issues with your bank. Users are suggested to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article for removing OLSU 1013 error message from QuickBooks, and in case problem persist then connect with QuickBooks Customer Support Number (844)-888-4666 for help. You can also connect with your banking institution to check if you are facing this issue because of something on their end.