QuickBooks is a powerful yet workable application that has proven its mark in the accounting and bookkeeping world. It is highly programmed to support all financial needs of businesses these days. One of the best features of QuickBooks is to provide the ability to create and restore the company’s data backup. However, there are instances where this task is not fulfilled smoothly.
QuickBooks error 1117 is an error that arises in the QuickBooks software while a customer tries to create and store the data backup. This can really frustrate a user, as the error stops them from securing their confidential data. Upon the occurrence of this glitch, QB may stop responding or may freeze suddenly on the screen. Windows can also crash down irregularly, while it becomes impossible for a user to access their data file. If you, too, are facing this error, do not feel hopeless. Instead, have a look at our blog below to troubleshoot the error.
One of the most reliable ways to eliminate QuickBooks error 1117 is to connect with our experts over a call. They can help you identify and apply some helpful tips to fix the issue. Dial +1- 855 738 2784 Now
What are the causes of QuickBooks Backup Error 1117?
Here is a list of the factors that provoke error 1117 in QuickBooks. However, this is not an exclusive list; there may be some more reasons that might be responsible for the same –
- If the folder or location where you have stored the backup file is not available or accessible, such an error might come up.
- The name of the company file is longer than the criteria, which is 65 characters, including the extension.
- Corruption in the company data file may give rise to desktop backup error 1117 in QuickBooks.
- A damage in the QuickBooks support file – Network data file.
- Working on an older version of QB Desktop or Windows.
Also Read – QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File
How to fix QuickBooks System Error 1117?
This section is dedicated towards educating you about the methods that can be applied to rectify QuickBooks Desktop error 1117. If one does not help, jump on to the other and also follow the given order of solutions –
Method 1 – Ensure that Intuit Data Protect is not being Blocked by the Firewall
In order to maintain a shield of security on the device, the firewall tends to block or prohibit the activities of certain programs and websites. You must check that this is not happening with Intuit Data Protect –
- Click on the Windows icon and open the Start menu.
- Go to the search panel and type Firewall. Select the option to open a new window.
- Here, tap on the “Allow an app through Windows Firewall” option and then select “Allow another app.”
- Hit the Browse button and navigate to this location – Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- Now, choose QBIDPservice.exe and press Open. Later you must follow the same procedure for these two items –
- Move to the Network Types section, tick the Private box, and hit the Add button.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File
Method 2 – Enlist Intuit Data Protect in the Trusted Sites List
Your device may look at Intuit Data Protect as a potential threat if it is not mentioned under the Trusted Sites list. This is how you can do so –
- Open the Windows Start menu and go to the search bar.
- Write Internet Options and select it to to get directed to a new window.
- Click on the Security tab and go to Trusted Sites.
- Press the Sites button and paste the below websites in the given space one by one. After that, you must press Add –
- emerald.backup.com (a new trusted site that updates your Intuit Data Protect certificates).
- Deselect the “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone” box. Press Close and then OK to terminate the window.
- Visit the Intuit Data Protect certificate site and check if it is allowing you to proceed.
- Finally, try to create the backup file using Intuit Data Protect.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Automatic Backup not Working
Method 3 – Check whether IBuEngHost.exe Running as System User or Windows User
Here you must review if one of the executable files for QuickBooks, which is IBuEngHost.exe, is running as the System User. If not, you may have to keep encountering QB error code 1117 –
- Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together on your keyboard to bring up a menu on the screen.
- Click on Task Manager to open the Task Manager prompt window.
- Go to the Details tab and locate IBuEngHost.exe in the list. The username for the same should be System, and the Status should reflect as Running.
- If this is not the case, apply these steps –
- Visit Intuit’s site and download the latest available installer from there.
- It is recommended that you save the downloaded file on your desktop so that you can easily access it.
- Right-click on the file and choose to Run as Administrator.
- Follow the upcoming steps to complete the installation and open the Task Manager window again.
- This time IBuEngHost.exe should display the required changes – Username is System and Status is Running.
Getting QuickBooks Error Ol-222?
Method 4 – Alter the Issues with the QuickBooks Network Data File
As mentioned above, a damage or corruption in the QB support file, that is, the Network Data file, may bring in bugs such as the QuickBooks error 1117. Follow the steps to erase the problem –
- Navigate to the folder in which you have stored the QuickBooks files. This is usually in the C: drive or the network drive.
- Look for the file that shares your company file’s name but has a .ND extension – company_file_name.qbw.nd.
- Once you find the file, right-click on it and choose to Rename.
- Now, change the extension by typing .old at the end of the file’s name – company_file_name.qbw.nd.old.
- Close the window and open QuickBooks. A newer version will be created automatically, after which you can create the backup for your data file.
So, this was all about QuickBooks Error 1117. We hope that the blog provided you with a clear picture of the error, including the reasons that influence it and the tricks that fix it. If you are stuck in a situation where nothing helps, and the solutions fail to resolve the problem, it is best to consult an expert without further delay. Contact one of ours at +1- 855 738 2784 for a prompt resolution.