Most of the errors that are made on the sheets or reports concerning accountancy of a small business occur due to the bad reception of the information by the person-in-charge. If we dig a little more, we will find that the root cause of why employees make such mistakes are the uncommon fonts that are used in the reports and their smaller sizes. Similarly, numerous users complain of the characters being virtually unperceivable in QuickBooks due to its small font. So today, we will discuss the popular user query of “Why QuickBooks Font too small?” below in the blog. Follow till the end to find out appropriate solutions.
In a recent study, a fact has emerged that a user-friendly font with readable size can reduce almost 84% of the human errors that are traditionally made in a report. So, if your QuickBooks is displaying tiny fonts as well, you can seek extra help from experts on the issue by dialing 1.855.738.2784 anytime
How to change the font size in QuickBooks 2020?
As we have established the significance of an understandable QuickBooks Desktop font size, sadly, there is no utility or feature to change the font in QuickBooks Desktop or its size. However, there are other external maneuvers that a user can try to adjust the font size in QuickBooks. Read them below.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 6000 83
How can I set the font size to normal in QuickBooks?
Follow the given instructions step-by-step to change the font size in QuickBooks.
- Close the QuickBooks and go to My Computer section.
- There, open your C: Drive and double-click on the Program Data folder.
- Next, enter the QuickBooks 20XX (depending on your QB version) folder under the Intuit® folder.
- Now select the QBW.INI file and open it.
- Below the [FONTS], press Enter and type this:FontName=Arial (or any font of your choice)
FontSize=12.5 (or any size of your choice)
- Close the file and open QuickBooks again to see changes in the font size.
IMPORTANT: The change will be applicable to Registers, Lists, and Forms only.
How do I make the view bigger in QuickBooks?
If the QuickBooks icons are too small on your computer, you can change them by making changes in DPI on your system since the QuickBooks runs off these configurations only. Follow the given steps to do it.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on the Display option.
- There, you will get three display alternatives to choose from, namely- 100% (default), 125%, and 150%.
However, you can also view these settings in QuickBooks through these instructions.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Edit section in the menu.
- Select Preferences and choose Desktop View from the left side.
- Go to My Preferences and then select Display to view the settings.
On a different note, there are two other solutions to efficiently adjust the display view in order to make the font size in QuickBooks look bigger. Below are the steps of the solutions.
- Close the QuickBooks and on the desktop screen of your computer, right-click on the QB icon.
- Choose the Properties option and select the Compatibility tab.
- There, put a check on the box stating Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
- At last, click on Apply and then select OK.
- Open the Company File and go to the Edit menu.
- Go to the Preferences tab and select Desktop View.
- Under the My Preferences section, switch the view from Multiple Windows to One Window.
What to do when QuickBooks font size too small to read on the printed sales forms?
You can fix the issue of QuickBooks Online font size being too small on the printed sales forms by following the given instructions step-wise.
- Open QuickBooks and at the top-left corner, click on the Gear icon (Settings).
- Now, go to Custom Form Styles and choose a form style.
- Click on Edit and then select the Design tab.
- There, choose the option- Select a different font and choose between the three font sizes.
- Check the selected font size by clicking on Preview or Print button.
- If everything is fine, click on Done.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error H202
In the very end, we would like to conclude this article on why QuickBooks font too small. We hope that the instructions presented here would help you to overcome the issues that you are facing with the traditional font order of the software. However, if you face additional discrepancies in your system in an unlikely event, call on the toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 anytime and get a expert on the line to assist you.