Inter-departmental communication is one of the most significant working pieces of an organization. It is essential for a business to develop a seamless communication track for its employees in order to grow into a successful venture. Most of the businesses go with several office-suite messaging applications like Windows Live, Yahoo! Messenger, Skype, etc. for this purpose. To one’s surprise, there is a hidden utility named QuickBooks Messenger that a small business could use to send out files within the department efficiently. However, it faces an error, namely “Quickbooks Messaging has stopped working” which can affect the line of communication abruptly. Follow the blog until the end to find out more about it.
The QuickBooks Messenger error is not a common issue that users face while using QuickBooks. Hence, it is advisable to have some additional support as well while tackling the problem. Call on +1- 855 738 2784 anytime and get immediate assistance on the line
What is Quickbooks Messenger and how to use it?
The QuickBooks Messenger is a messaging tool that is available in the multi-user mode to help the users to chat with others using the same company file on the server. It is an efficient utility as it streamlines the communication of the organization when most of the tasks are done on the QuickBooks platform. The Admin user retains the right to log off any user on the server through the following steps.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Company Menu.
- Select Chat with a Coworker option to launch the QuickBooks Messenger.
- Under the Actions dropdown, click on the Close Company File for users and select the user you want to close.
- Click on the Close Company File and select Yes to confirm it.
A user can also disable the chat function by following these instructions.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode and sign-in as Admin.
- Under the File menu, go to Utilities Section.
- Now click on Disable QuickBooks Messenger and log in again to activate the change.
What are the causes of the QuickBooks messaging error?
Given are the reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks messaging.exe error on a computer.
- There might be some damage to the Windows Operating System.
- The QBWUSER.INI file might be missing or corrupted.
- Your Company File’s name is exceeding its character limit.
- There might be some issues with the hard drive.
What to do if QuickBooks messenger has stopped working?
If your QuickBooks messenger is not working, try out these solutions step-by-step:
- Close the QuickBooks and all its processes through Task Manager.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit® website and install it on your system.
- Once the installation process is completed, run the tool by double-clicking its icon.
- Select the Program Problems tab and click on the Quick Fix my Program.
- Once the process is completed, open QuickBooks, and if the QuickBooks messenger isn’t working, follow the steps of the next solution.
- Open the My Computer window and click on the Organize tab.
- At the top left, select Folder and search options and click on the View tab.
- Under the Advanced Settings, click on Hidden files and folders and select Show Hidden files and folders.
- Now, open the source file of QuickBooks in your C: Drive and rename the QBWUSER.INI file by adding .old to its extension.
- On the contrary, you can also delete it as QuickBooks will make a new file instantly.
- Go to the Start menu and under the All Programs list, open Windows Small Business Server.
- Open Windows SBS Console and click on Users and Groups.
- Click on Add a new user account tab and fill out the fields in the wizard tab.
- Give the user account administration rights and click on Finish.
- Now, go to the Control Panel and click on the User Accounts.
- There, look for the QBDataServiceUserXX for your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Click on the Change the Account Type option and select Administrator.
- At last, click on the Change Account Type and select Apply.
At this point, we would like to end our blog on the conventional error of Quickbooks Messaging has stopped working. We hope that the contextual information given here is relevant to your search queries and would help the users to overcome the issue in no time. However, we understand that it is possible that you could also face additional issues while carrying out the given steps. If it happens, call on +1- 855 738 2784 for external assistance from an expert anytime.