Users who are familiar with the QuickBooks application define the application as – easy-to-use, well-structured, and suitable for businesses of all types. Despite its advanced features, QB tends to incur some issues in its interface that the users need to deal with on their own.
What is QuickBooks Error 6138 105
For instance, QuickBooks Error 6138 105 is an issue that arises when a user attempts to access their company data file. This error falls under an infamous category known as the 6000 series of errors in QuickBooks. One standard reason as to why this error comes up is due to an issue in the hosting settings. If the computer, which is not the server, is hosting the company data file, it is going to trigger this problem. As a result, the user not only loses access to the file but is also left hanging in the middle of a strange error. You must go through the entire blog to have a better understanding of the same.
We also have an alternate way to help you get over QuickBooks Error 6138 105. Get in touch with our Support Team at +1- 855 738 2784 and discuss this issue with our experts to receive prompt advice on how to proceed
Top Promoters of QuickBooks Error Message 6138 105
Error 6138 in QuickBooks may arise due to a lot of reasons. In this list, we have mentioned the most common things or glitches that trigger this issue for a large population of users –
- When a workstation is hosting the company data file.
- If QuickBooks does not hold administrative rights on the device, QuickBooks Desktop Error 6138 105 may come up.
- The server computer does not have the data file stored on it.
- A damage in the QB files may also trigger this error.
- Working on a non-updated version of the QuickBooks program.
- An unstable internet connection leading to an unsuccessful download of the previous QB update.
- If the firewall of the device is not configured properly to suit QB needs.
- The presence of a virus or malware could also possibly invite bugs in the program.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 6105
Helpful Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 6138 105
After understanding what QuickBooks Error -6138, -105 is, how it works, and what affects its occurrence, continue to read below the steps that can help you eliminating the same permanently –
Technique 1 – Fix the Hosting Settings on all the Devices
A primary reason why this error occurs is that a system that is not the server is hosting the data file for QuickBooks. Follow these steps to ensure that only the server is hosting the company file–
Steps to perform on the Server Computer –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your host computer.
- Click on the File tab and move to the Utilities option.
- If you see “Host Multi-User Access” in the menu, click on this option.
- However, if “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” is listed, you must choose to skip it.
Steps to perform on the Workstations –
- Access QBDT and click on the File menu button.
- Scroll down to Utilities and check for the options available.
- If “Host Multi-User Access,” option is visible, do not click on it. Go on to the other workstation.
- Select the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option if it is available in the menu.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 6000 301
Technique 2 – Make the Best Use of QuickBooks File Doctor
The File Doctor in QB is helpful in amending the issues inside your data file. Here are the steps on how you can run the tool to eliminate the problem –
- Visit the official website for Intuit and look for the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download its executable file and save it at an accessible location, like your desktop.
- Double-click on this file and agree to the Terms and Conditions to begin the installation process.
- After the tool is successfully downloaded, open it on your screen.
- Tap on the Company File Issues button and then choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option.
- Press the Browse and Search button to locate your data file.
- Click on Check your File and hit the Continue button to start the scan.
- The program might ask you to use your administrative credentials to authorize the action.
- Tap on Next and wait for some time until the scan is over. The time taken to complete this will depend on the size of your file.
- After this, relaunch QBDT and open your company file to verify the issue.
Technique 3 – Modify the Names of the QuickBooks Files
Since the configuration files are a vital component of the QB program, it is essential that they are damage-free at all times. This is how you can correct them if they have become corrupted –
- Click on the Windows icon and open the Start menu.
- Go to the search panel, type File Explorer and select the option.
- In the following window, navigate to the folder where your QB files are stored.
- Look for the Network Data file (company_file.qbw.nd) and the Transaction Log file (company_file.qbw.tlg).
- Select one of these files, right-click on it and choose to Rename.
- Add the extension .old at the end of the name and press the Enter key.
- Repeat the procedure for the other files as well so that their names are changed to (company_file.qbw.nd.old) and (company_file.qbw.tlg.old).
- Close the window and open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Sign in to your company data file using the appropriate details and allow the program to create a new and bug-free version of each of these files.
So, that was an elaborated guide on QuickBooks Error 6138 105. We are positive that after understanding the information above and applying the instructions mentioned, you were able to rectify the issue without any hassles. However, if the error keeps recurring, we suggest you ring +1- 855 738 2784 to speak with one of our professionals and let them handle it through experienced ways.
Related Posts –
Pro Tips That Guide You to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301
Easy and Applicable Ways to Undo QuickBooks Error 6000 77
A Collective Guide to Deal with QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Best Working Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6000 304
The Best Ever Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 6209