QuickBooks File Doctor is an advanced tool developed by Intuit® to troubleshoot several issues that emerge while working with the company file and running QuickBooks in multi-user mode. First introduced with the 2012 version of QuickBooks Desktop, the tool has evolved significantly to resolve almost half the errors that QuickBooks Desktop encounters. If you are also getting an error message while accessing the QuickBooks company file or an error message like “list data is damaged or corrupt,” then do not panic, as QB File Doctor will help you fix these errors instantly.
Let’s dive into the pool of knowledge about this utility- what is QuickBooks File Doctor? How to download and install it? When and how to use it? Etc.
QuickBooks File Doctor can be an excellent tool to use when you aren’t able to fix your company files and access them properly. If you wish to learn how to install it, either read this blog till the end or Call us at +1- 855 738 2784. We are here to guide you through its procedure and resolve any errors troubling you
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a free tool integrated with QuickBooks that helps users rectify common QuickBooks Company File data damage and Network related issues. QBFD is best known for resolving 6000 series of errors that appear while running QuickBooks in multi-user mode. The tool can also be downloaded from external sources if you are using an older version of QuickBooks and the File Doctor utility is not available in the application.
The QuickBooks File Doctor download becomes successful once users properly install it on the system. After doing so, they can open and begin scanning their company files to detect where the error lies and how to resolve it. This tool has an excellent, easy-to-use interface, making it easier for any skilled or non-skilled person to access it.
IMPORTANT: Recently, Intuit has made a number of changes on how troubleshooting tools are accessed and implemented. Earlier every tool that supports QuickBooks like, QuickBooks Install Diagnostics Tool, Clean Installation Tool, Refresher Tool, and File Doctor needs to be downloaded separately from different download pages. After a big change and for user convenience Intuit has introduced QuickBooks Tool Hub, a single utility that can be used to launch every other troubleshooting tool. QuickBooks File Doctor can now be accessed from under the Tool hub if not found in the latest versions of QuickBooks Desktop.
Recommended To Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816
List of Issues that QB Desktop File Doctor helps you Repair
Here are all the problems you can fix with QuickBooks Doctor by your side:
- Helps repair damaged company files those are not opening.
- Fix networking errors like error H101, H202, H303 and error H505 usually known as QuickBooks File Doctor Errors.
- Troubleshoot errors in opening company files like error 6000 -82, error 6150, error 6000 – 305, error 6147 and error 6130.
- Helps to fix list of your vendors, customers and employees those are either blank or gone missing.
- File damage or inconsistency in settings can throw errors in using the multi-user mode seamlessly. QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor can help in these cases.
- Component damage causing the company file to become inaccessible can also get fixed through the tool.
- Errors while installing the app can also get fixed through the tool.
- QB Update errors can get fixed with the help of the tool.
- Virus or malware attacks can get detected through the file doctor.
- If your Windows Registry is corrupt, you need QuickBooks Doctor Tool to rescue you.
- Any errors related to QB Database Server Manager can also get rectified with this tool.
Thus, you can repair all these issues and more when you utilize the QB File Doctor.
Download QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD.exe) by clicking the link (Here) if you are also running into any of these issues mentioned above, just run the application, and it will automatically fix all the errors, and if you need further support downloading or installing the application, you can call us at +1- 855 738 2784 anytime.
NOTE: Make sure to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released before running QuickBooks inbuilt File Doctor.
Advantages of having QB File Doctor Tool
If you’re wondering why you should undertake QuickBooks file doctor download 2023, here are its advantages to sway your decision:
- QB File Doctor Tool is an easy-to-use tool when you suffer from network and connectivity issues.
- Whenever the company file creates problems and glitches in opening or functioning smoothly, knowing how to run QuickBooks file doctor can benefit significantly.
- Annoying errors pertaining to the 6000-series, including errors 6000 77, 6189, etc., can get rectified through the file doctor tool.
- Problems in multi-user file access and hosting like errors H202, H303, H505, etc., can be effectively resolved with this tool.
- When your data files get damaged or corrupted, you can take valuable backup and then download QuickBooks file doctor to run. It will maintain the security of the data and ensure you don’t lose anything.
Now that we know how this utility can benefit us let’s consider how to install it in the system and the essentials before using it.
Read Also – Activating QuickBooks Direct Deposit
Consider these Factors Before using Repair Tool
Before you proceed with actually using the file doctor QuickBooks, take a look at the following points:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the application installed. If you have already got a previous version installed on your system, first remove it and install the latest version from the link given above to ensure you get all the updated features of the application.
- If you are using any QuickBooks Desktop application released after 2015, you will get an inbuilt file doctor. We recommend not using the inbuilt QuickBooks file doctor; instead, download the external QuickBooks tool hub file doctor as it has the most updated features available.
- You can use the internal file doctor for resolving errors those are preventing you from opening company files and all -6000 errors. If none of the file repair tools works then we will suggest you call our QuickBooks Pro-Advisors Helpline team at +1- 855 738 2784.
- You need to have Microsoft .Net 3.5 to undertake QuickBooks file doctor download on Windows 10 operating systems.
- Until now file doctor is only available for QuickBooks on Windows operating systems, you cannot use it on Mac operating systems.
- Ensure to log in as an administrator while using QuickBooks repair tools.
- The file will get uploaded when you have a proper network connection. So, check this beforehand.
- You need a file lesser than 2 GB for the QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool to work.
- Try installing only one QuickBooks version for efficient tool functioning.
- The standalone version of the QB File Doctor tool can only repair the QB Database Server Manager component to host files.
You can efficiently fix company file and network issues with QuickBooks file doctor after considering these points in detail. Now, let’s look into its downloading and utilization process.
How to Use QB File Doctor
Here’s how you can begin using the QuickBooks file doctor 2023 after downloading it successfully:
- After the download completes, look for the downloaded file on your computer. You will probably find it under the downloads with the name “qbfd.exe.” Double-click the file to install, and then follow the on-screen instructions to begin Intuit QuickBooks file doctor installation.
- After the installation completes the application will start automatically and if not, look for the icon on the desktop and click on it.
- Now, as you have QuickBooks repair doctor up and running on the desktop, you can select your company file from the drop-down menu or choose the file manually by clicking the browse button.
- After selecting the company file you can choose suitable option for diagnosis, as if you just need to check damaged company file then select “Check file damage only” or if you are getting errors like 6000, -6150 -82, 6000 -305, 6000 -301, 6130, or 6147 then select “Check both file damage and network connectivity”.
- If you have set up multiple users and are getting errors like H202, H303, or H505, select “Check network connectivity only” and click “Diagnose File” in the Intuit file doctor to proceed.
- Now to continue, you need to enter the password of your company file and click “Next”. If you are using an older version of QuickBooks launched before 2011, the application will ask you to update your company file to the latest version, this update is optional, and we suggest you not to update company file in the very first attempt of repairing the company file.
- QuickBooks repair specialist will now start repairing the company file, and it might take some time depending upon the size of the file it is processing, so you can take some rest within the meanwhile or get yourself a coffee until the repair process is completed.
- After successfully repairing the company file after you run QuickBooks file doctor, you will get an option to open the company file in File Doctor directly. If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed on your system, it will ask you to select the version you want to use to open the repaired company file, so choose the QuickBooks version in which you want to open the file and click “Open QuickBooks.”
- Now after successfully repairing your company file it will be visible to you on the screen, but in case if you get a message that “repair was unsuccessful” then you can contact our QuickBooks Technical Helpline team at +1- 855 738 2784 for diagnosis.
Run File Doctor using QB Tool Hub
Here’s how you can use the QuickBooks troubleshooting tool through the QB Tool Hub:
- The very first step will be to exit QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub i.e. (18.104.22.168) from here.
- Navigate to the downloads of your computer and double-click QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the steps as they appear on your screen to complete the installation.
- Once the installation finishes, go to your Desktop screen and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- once the Tool Hub is up and running on your system, navigate to the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- browse and select your company file in the next step and then click the option in the middle that states Check your file.
- click Continue and enter the company file admin password if prompted.
- Click Next and let the QB doctor repair the damage in the company file and the network.
What happens when you cannot access QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Sometimes, when you attempt to resolve your company file and network errors through QuickBooks 2023 file doctor, you may notice that the tool is not working. Many users have reported seeing numerous errors regarding this issue. For example, the QB File doctor doesn’t open or stops working in the middle.
The following are some common errors appearing when using QuickBooks doctor:
- QuickBooks File Doctor Blank
- QB File Doctor Not Opening
- QuickBooks fix tool Check Network Connectivity Greyed Out
- QuickBooks File Doctor Hosting Mode Is Off
- QuickBooks File Doctor Has Stopped Working
- QuickBooks file doctor won’t open
- QuickBooks File Doctor File In Use
- QBFD is Trying To login To The Company File
- QuickBooks file doctor corrupted the company file
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor 2023 Not Responding
- QuickBooks File Doctor Stuck On Checking Connectivity
- QuickBooks file doctor admin password is not working
- QBFD.msi error in QuickBooks
- QuickBooks file doctor takes a long time
- QuickBooks File Doctor .net Framework
- QuickBooks File Doctor download Hangs
- QuickBooks file doctor company file is used by another application
- QuickBooks File Doctor Repairing Company File Login
- QuickBooks repair utility cannot repair
- QuickBooks file doctor not working
Many related error messages might come on the screen when you attempt to use file doctor in QuickBooks desktop. These errors might emerge due to numerous reasons that are in the section.
You May Also Like To Read – What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Causes for QB File Doctor Not working
When you face troubles while undertaking QuickBooks you need to download the latest file doctor, the following reasons might be responsible:
- The file size might exceed the set limit. For QuickBooks Pro, it is 200 MB, and QuickBooks Enterprise is 450 MB.
- There might not be adequate space for resources like RAM, network cables, interface cards, virtual memory, etc. It might cause the QuickBooks desktop file doctor download not to work properly.
- Recovery of files might not be possible, leading to the error.
- The file doctor might crash when the system or files don’t close properly.
- Sudden power failures, cuts, or drops may cause QuickBooks file doctor download 2022 to crash and damage the data drive.
- When you convert the old version of the company file over the network, you might face problems with your QB File Doctor.
- When you run file doctor in QuickBooks, viruses or malware in the system might lead to the QB functioning improperly.
- Your files might be missing, damaged, or corrupted, which prevents the file doctor from running correctly.
So, when these triggers affect the download file doctor for QuickBooks, you’d require taking some troubleshooting steps. Some of them are mentioned below.
Rectification Methods for QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working Error
Undertake the following methods when you face troubles with your QuickBooks doctor tool download:
Troubleshooting Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
You may need to uninstall and reinstall the QBFD tool on your system to ensure the file doctor QuickBooks download goes smoothly and successfully. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Control Panel on your system.
- Opt for the Programs and Features tab.
- Further, select the Uninstall a Program option.
- You’ll arrive at a list of applications that are currently on your system.
- Search for QuickBooks file doctor 2022 in this list and initiate its uninstallation.
- Follow all the prompts to finish it successfully.
- Once you remove the tool from your system properly, run the clean install tool to free up space.
- Once done, install the QuickBooks file doctor latest version download.
However, before you consider troubleshooting QB File Doctor not working error, ensure to keep the following points in mind:
- Your internet connection should be strong and stable.
- The Windows files should be updated for QBFD files to run smoothly.
- The QuickBooks file doctor direct download should match the compatibility requirements of the US, UK, and CA versions.
- You need to log into the system as an admin.
- Check whether the multi-user mode is enabled or vice-versa. Keep it disabled.
- Turn on the hosting on the server and switch it off on the workstations while opening the file on the network server.
- Your firewall port settings need to be appropriately configured to prevent any blockages.
- Reboot the device after you consider all these points and let them implement properly.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Restore the backup of the corrupted QBW file
If you’re wondering how long does QuickBooks file doctor take because you haven’t gotten any results even after so long, it’s crucial for you to restore the corrupted QBW file and then run the QBFD tool.
- You need to form a backup of all the files, even the corrupted ones, to use later.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, and head to the File menu.
- Here, select the Open or Restore Company option.
- Further, choose Open or Restore a Backup Copy, followed by Next.
- Hit the Local Backup Option > Next.
- Select the location where you wish to save the backup files through the drop-down menu.
- Next, locate the file with the .QBB extension and hit Open, followed by Next.
- Now, look for a location to restore the files through the save-in drop-down box.
- Enter the file name in the specified field, and you’ll find that the .QBW extension gets chosen automatically.
- Hit Save to start the restoration process. Hopefully, you’ll eliminate the QBFD not working error.
What to do after the company file is repaired using File Doctor?
As you have repaired your company file, this is a great time to take a secure backup of it as this can happen again and you have to go through all the manual process once again. We suggest you take backups on external memory drive like external hard disk or USB drives every month. To avoid these types of errors make sure to regularly check for the application’s update. If you still have any questions or queries related to QuickBooks File Doctor then get in touch with us at +1- 855 738 2784.
What are the two versions of QBFD Tool?
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool has two versions that you can understand as follows:
- An in-built version: The QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or later versions might have this in-built tool. Some minimum requirements need to be complied with to use this application. QB software should always be up-to-date to utilize the function seamlessly.
- Standalone version– Only the hosting servers have this QBFD tool version available. You need to use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to activate this tool. Out of the two available versions, ensure to prefer this one.
What else can you do to rectify QB File Doctor won’t open error?
When QuickBooks File Doctor doesn’t open, try the following methods:
- Utilize the Auto Data Recovery Tool to create and store backups for files through automatic examination.
- Disable the hosting mode and configure the antivirus software.
- Launch the QB File Doctor Tool manually.
What are the possibilities given by the QB File Doctor Tool?
This tool may have the following possibilities:
- No problem might get detected. In this case, visit the Auto Data Recovery Tool after logging in to the company file. Take backups from here to complete your transactions list.
- A problem was detected but got fixed. Click the Open New Company option after running it.
- A problem was detected and couldn’t get fixed. You need to check the ADR setup and manually enter the transactions.
These three possibilities appear when you utilize the QB File Doctor.
Related Posts –
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175 with experts solution
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6123 with Expert’s Guide
Getting QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer Error! Let’s Fix
Practical Ways to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001
What is QuickBooks Data Migration Service & How to do Migration