QuickBooks is a packaged accounting software that comes in with a huge range of tools and features. The application has gained popularity over all these years among small and medium sized businesses.
Despite providing the most advanced set of tools, QB falls victim to many technical errors. For example, QuickBooks error 6000 301 is an issue that a user encounters when they try to access a damaged or corrupted company data file. In this blog, we will be talking about this error in detail, along with some intricate facts about its causes, standard symptoms, and solutions.
Are you searching for an experienced professional to help you out with QuickBooks Error 6000 301? Your search ends here. Seek advice from our team of pro-advisors at +1- 855 738 2784 right now
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 301?
QuickBooks error 6000, -301 is an issue that arises out of a damaged company file. The error is supported by a trigger warning that says, “An error occurred when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -301).” One of the most prominent reasons behind this is corruption in the QB support files.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Why does QuickBooks Error Message 6000 301 Occur?
Here are some of the most common reasons that result in QB error code 6000 301. You might face the error due to one or all of the reasons mentioned below –
- Damage or corruption in the support files for QuickBooks Desktop. Namely –
- Network descriptor file.
- Transaction log file.
- Data source name file.
- Internal glitches or invalid entries in the QuickBooks company data file – (company file name.qbw).
- If a data encryption application is installed on the device, it can damage the data of the company.
- Working on an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop or the Windows OS.
- In some cases, an unstable internet service can also result in QB Desktop error 6000 301.
What are the Early Signs of QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 301?
If you notice these symptoms in QB Desktop or your computer, QuickBooks 6000 301 error has triggered in your operating system –
- Windows may shut down without notice or any warning sign to avoid the damage to spread to other applications.
- QuickBooks stops responding to the user’s actions like keyboard taps and mouse clicks.
- The screen may go blank suddenly or display QuickBooks error 6000 301.
- The company file freezes on the screen and cannot be closed either.
- Inability to switch to any other program running on the system.
How to Erase Error 6000 301 in QuickBooks?
Moving further, let us learn some helpful ways that will support you in getting rid of error 6000 301 QuickBooks once and for all –
Technique 1 – Fix the Corruption in QuickBooks Support Files
When crucial QB files incur damage, the application may start malfunctioning. Follow these steps to rectify the problem –
- Close your company file and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the folder where you store your QB files, which is usually in C: drive folder.
- Locate the following support files –
- Company file name.ND.
- Company file name.TLG.
- Company file name.DSN.
- Right-click on one of the files, tap on Rename and add. OLD at the end of their names.
- Repeat the process with the other two files so that the files are changed to this –
- Company file name.ND.OLD.
- Company file name.TLG.OLD.
- Company file name.DSN.OLD.
- Terminate the window and reopen the QuickBooks Desktop screen. The application will create new error-free versions of the files automatically.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Technique 2 – Repair the Company File Damage via QuickBooks File Doctor
The File Doctor tool is beneficial in removing the bugs from your data file so that it can be used to resume your business operations –
- Download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s website.
- Save the executable file on your desktop and double-click on it to install the tool.
- After a successful installation, open the QB tool hub on your screen.
- Click on the Company File Issues tab on the left side.
- Select the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” option and allow for it to launch.
- Choose your data file by clicking on the Browse and Search button.
- Tap on Check your File and hit the Continue button to proceed further.
- At last, use your administrative login details to approve the scan and click on Next.
- You need to wait for some time while the scan is complete, which depends on the size of your company file.
- Access your file and QuickBooks to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Technique 3 – Download the Latest Update Released for QuickBooks Desktop
An older version of QB will not allow to work without any interruptions. Also, you might be unable to use some of the features, which could also hamper your productivity. It is best to update QBDT this way –
- Click on the Windows tab and open the Start menu.
- In the search panel, you need to type QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on the option and select Run as Administrator from the menu.
- This will trigger the No Company Open window, where you need to press the Help menu tab.
- Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the Options button and choose the Mark All option. Press Save.
- Next, you need to click on the Update Now button and mark the checkbox for Reset Update.
- Hit the Get Updates tab and allow QB to download the updates.
- Relaunch QB Desktop and install the updates by clicking on the Yes button.
- Reboot your device and access QuickBooks.
You May Also Like To Read – QuickBooks Error 6000 304
Technique 4 – Protect your Data from Data Encryption Software
Whenever you use and run a data encryption software, you expose your critical data to become more vulnerable to potential bugs and errors. It is best recommended that all such applications should be disabled or turned off when you are working on important data like QuickBooks. All you need to do is open your encryption software, go to its settings and find a way to stop it from functioning ahead.
This blog was an honest and decent attempt to provide you with the most relevant information in regards to QuickBooks error 6000 301 in an uncomplicated manner. We hope that after learning the causes and troubleshooting methods for this issue, you were able to eradicate it completely. However, if you wish to clarify your doubts or require extra assistance, feel free to dial +1- 855 738 2784 and speak to one of our certified experts.
Related Posts –