After a recent announcement from Inuit about increasing the prices of their Payroll subscription many of you might be wondering if there is a way you can use QuickBooks Payroll features without subscribing to Intuit’s Payroll Service and the answer is a big yes. All you need to do is to activate manual payroll in QB Desktop application. Here in this article, you will find an easy method to record your payroll transactions manually with QB Desktop application. In case if you are, already a subscriber of the service then activating manual payroll feature in QuickBooks will not reverse it.
You can call QuickBooks Payroll Support Number 844-888-4666 to seek guidance from an expert to set up manual payroll in QuickBooks.
Steps to Set up Manual Payroll in QuickBooks Application:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop application and from under the Edit tab click Preferences.
- From the left side panel select Payroll and Employees and click the Company Preferences tab and make sure that Full Payroll option is check marked under the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Features section.
- Now click the Help tab and select QuickBooks Desktop Help or press F1 on your keyboard.
- Under the Help window type Manual Payroll in the search box and press the Enter key on your keyboard or else click the search button.
- From the help topics click Calculate payroll manually ( without a subscription to QuickBooks Payroll ).
- Now click Manual Payroll Calculations to set your company file to use manual payroll calculations settings.
- For the confirmation now click set my company file to use manual calculations.
- Click OK on the QuickBooks Desktop Information popup window.
- (IMPORTANT) QuickBooks delivers this popup message to notify users about their active payroll subscription, as you need to contact QuickBooks Payroll Support to cancel any active subscription to avoid any further payroll subscription charges from Intuit.
- Now Restart QuickBooks application, and under the Employees section on the home screen, you can see new options to manage your employee’s payroll.
- Click Pay Employees under the Employees tab to add employees and set up their payroll manually.
It completely depends on the requirement of any business whether they want to subscribe to Intuit’s payroll service or not. For example, if you are a small business, having very few employees, then you can choose to go with QB manual payroll whereas for large enterprises it is beneficial and cost-effective to use payroll service. If you need help activating manual payroll or have any QuickBooks payroll service related queries call Intuit Payroll Support Number (844)-888-4666 now.