QuickBooks company file stores all the financial data of a business and provides the user with an easy option to access all the business information at one single place. At times QuickBooks users face issues while opening or creating a new company file. 6000 series of errors in QuickBooks is related to the issues in the company file. One such error is QB error 6129, 0 that occurs while performing certain actions in the application like accessing the company file or trying to create a new company file. Error code -6129, 0 triggers error message “Error code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure” to display on users computer screen. Follow the complete article and learn how to remove error 6129, 0 from QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Error -6129, -0
Whenever a user encounters QuickBooks error 6129, 0 the error message that pops up on the screen mentions that QuickBooks is unable to verify the connection with the database. This error is triggered because of various reasons that we have listed further in this article.
What Causes QuickBooks to Encounter Error 6129, 0
- Third-party antivirus or anti-malware application interrupts QuickBooks background processes that cause error code 6129, 0.
- QuickBooks use Network Data file to connect with the company file, whenever .nd (Network Data) file has some damage QuickBooks encounter error 6129.
- If you have upgraded your company file using an account that does not have administrative rights on Windows.
- When you are trying to access the company file that is located on a different domain in the network.
Points to Consider before Troubleshooting 6129 Error
- Make sure to install the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Restart your computer and log in with an admin account on Windows.
- Try to open a sample company file to check if the issue you are facing is just with that specific company file or the error is appearing with every company file you are trying to access. In case you are getting the error with every sample company file, then follow troubleshooting step 2 and skip the first troubleshooting step mentioned further in the article.
- Try changing the name of your company file if the issue persists.
Steps to Remove 6129, 0 Error Message from QuickBooks
Troubleshooting Step 1: Rename Network Data file
- From Windows File Manager navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Right click the file with .ND extension.
- Select Rename and type .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Try opening the company file once again.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Move your Company File to a Different Location on Windows to resolve error 6129, 0
- Copy the company file from QuickBooks installation folder.
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Paste the company file into this newly created folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to open the company file from this new folder.
- If the problem is fixed, then it means the folder that contains company file is damaged, and you need to repair the folder to get a permanent fix.
- If again getting the same error 6129, 0 then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Reboot Windows in Safe Mode
- Restart your computer and when the system displays the boot screen continuously press the F8 key on your keyboard.
- If you don’t get the Advanced Boot Options window, then restart your computer once again and press and hold down the F8 key.
- Once you get the Advanced Boot Options window, press the down-arrow key and select Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter.
- Log in using the admin account and try opening the company file.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Verify all Workstations are in the same Network
If the computer that has the company file is located on a different network, then you might face error 6129, 0. You need to contact an IT professional to check if all the computers are in the same network or contact QuickBooks Technical Support Team at (844)-888-4666 for help.
In case if you are able to access the company file using the safe mode, then the error is caused by some other security application installed on Windows like an Anti-virus or an Anti-malware, try removing such applications or contact the application provider to exclude QuickBooks from the scan list of such programs. If you want, the help of a certified QuickBooks professional then call QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 now.