QuickBooks error 1612 is a frequent occurrence for QB users trying to access the software and update it. If you’re flustered by its presence, consider this troubleshooting guide for quick fixes to the issue.
QuickBooks is one of the most-used accounting software having millions of users managing their accounting with the program. There are numerous features and functions in QuickBooks that can help you to spread the tentacles of your business. But, being software, QuickBooks has a list of the technical issues that may strike up while managing your financial data with the program.
QuickBooks error codes are used to denote these technical issues in QuickBooks. QuickBooks company file error 1612 is one such error that arises when you try to open the QuickBooks software. Before you avail of QuickBooks error support for this annoying issue, learn in detail about this technical error.
If the presence of QuickBooks error 1612 is troubling you, either consider this guide or Call +1- 855 738 2784 to get in touch with the experts and get Immediate Help Resolving the issue with professionals
What Is QuickBooks POS Error 1612?
QuickBooks Installation Error 1612 generally takes place while updating the QuickBooks program. When this error occurs, the update process stops immediately, and you will see an error message on the screen as follows-
Error 1612- The update installer is not accessible.
Similarly, it may emerge when users attempt to access company files. The primary reason for it is the failure of the .msi file in the Windows installer cache, necessary for the system to read. However, this list of causes of QuickBooks update error 1612 is incomplete. So, let’s dive into the various triggers of this technical snag.
Recommended To Read – How To Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Why QuickBooks Update Error 1612 takes place?
There can be a number of the possible reasons behind this QuickBooks error as mentioned below-
- The corrupt installation process of the QuickBooks software can cause the unable to install QuickBooks error 1612.
- An unauthenticated or Invalid Windows registry can also trigger error 1612 in QuickBooks.
- Damage to an essential file due to a malware or virus attack can infect the files and prompt errors to crop up.
- Improper shutdown of the system is another possibility for error 1612 to emerge.
- Accidental deletion of the essential files can lead QuickBooks to function improperly and the install procedure to get interrupted.
- A corrupted QuickBooks company file bears the same fate and interferes with seamless QB functioning.
- Installing software from CD which is defective can cause error 1612 to pop up.
Any of the given reasons may cause this infuriating QuickBooks error. To know more, you can reach out to a reliable error support team.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1612
Before beginning to troubleshoot, you need to know if it’s error 1612 or some other issue causing problems in QuickBooks. These factors to recognize the error include:
- When the system stops responding suddenly, this error may be the reason.
- QB software may freeze, hang, or not respond to any instructions.
- The update process may stop all of a sudden or the download process may freeze.
- Windows operating system may freeze for periodic intervals.
- The error message with the 1612 code will flash on the screen.
How to resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 1612?
Here is a comprehensive guide to resolve this technical error with utter ease. Before you start, it is recommended to Upgrade your QuickBooks Software to the latest version.
If the error remains unresolved, follow the below-given steps-
- Re-download the patch in case it doesn’t work.
- Now, visit the Share Download Folder and perform turning it on and off and follow the given series of actions- Off > Save then On > Save.
- Try to repeat step 1 and check if the issue is resolved.
Repair QB Installation
If the problem remains unresolved, you need to repair the QuickBooks software. The following steps can help-
- Open the Control Panel
- Now go to Add/Remove Program
- Choose QuickBooks from the list and click on the Uninstall/Change option
- Click on Repair from QuickBooks Installation Window
- Follow the instructions as prompted and complete all the steps with utmost care
- Once you’re done with the troubleshooting steps, restart your system
Scan QuickBooks using System File Checker
System File Checker in Windows is an excellent tool for repairing corrupted QuickBooks files and components. Undertake the following steps to implement it:
- Begin by pressing the Windows and R keys together to open the Run command dialog box.
- Enter cmd in the run box and open the Command Prompt window that appears on the top of the search results.
- In this window display, type SFC/Scannow and press Enter.
- Once you press the Enter key, the scanning process will begin which might take a while to complete.
- Restart the system after it finishes and see if the error persists.
Uninstall the Corrupted Application
A damaged, missing, or corrupted .msi file, which is a Windows Installer Database File can cause the error. You can fix QuickBooks error 1612 by uninstalling it as follows:
|Windows 7 and Vista||Windows 8||Windows XP|
|1. Launch the Control panel from the desktop or Start tab.|
2. Here, choose the option that says Programs and Features.
3. Further, click on the option to Uninstall/ Change a program.
4. From the list of opened programs, choose the one that is causing the error aka Windows Installer.
5. Click Uninstall and proceed with the removal process.
6. Now, reboot the system and see if this solution works.
|1. Move to the Start tab and right-click to open the start contextual menu.|
2. Choose the option that says Programs and Features.
3. Next, browse the Windows Installer to find the error code 1612-related issue.
4. Click on this entry and choose the options that says Uninstall/ Change.
5. Execute the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation process.
6. Reboot the system to apply the changes.
|1. Go to the Start tab and hit the All Programs option.|
2. Choose Control Panel.
3. When the Control Panel window opens, choose the option to add/ remove a program.
4. Under the list of currently installed programs, find the QuickBooks error 1612-related windows installer key.
5. Now, select the Windows Installer Entry and hit the Remove option.
6. Let the uninstall process finish and then reboot the system.
Fix QuickBooks Software Settings
In this method, you will take two solutions to resolve the error. First, a clean and error-free QuickBooks installation will be ensured by uninstalling and reinstalling the application. In the second option, software settings have to be fixed to eliminate the error.
Now, let’s dive into the steps to fix QuickBooks error 1612:
- Hit the Start tab and search for QuickBooks from the list of programs.
- Right-click the QuickBooks option/ icon and tap uninstall.
- Let the uninstall procedure finish. Please note that you must take a backup of your company files before implementing this step so you do not lose your data).
- Now, you need to visit the official Intuit website and search for the QuickBooks program.
- Download the latest version and save it to an easy-to-find location.
- Now it’s time to set up the application by entering the correct login credentials and following the right steps to set it up.
- After completing the QuickBooks installation, visit the Control Panel from the start menu or Desktop.
- Go to the Programs and Features option and tap the associated entry under the name option.
- Choose the associated files and hit uninstall.
- Again in the Control Panel, hit the Programs and Features tab and find QuickBooks.
- Select it and opt for the Repair option.
- Let the repair process finish its job, then restart the system, and you’re good to go if the error has vanished.
Read Also – Way To Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop
Look into the anti-virus settings
If the cause for error 1612 lies in anti-virus or firewall settings interrupting the system, it is better to check them beforehand.
- Check the firewall ports and ensure QuickBooks or the related files aren’t disabled.
- Configure the settings of the anti-virus and if QuickBooks is in the blocked applications list, remove it from there.
- Further, you can also choose to uninstall the anti-virus program if the above steps don’t work. Go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program > Antivirus software > Uninstall > OK > Restart the system.
Contact QuickBooks error support phone number to get expert’s assistance
By following the provided steps, you may resolve QuickBooks Error 1612, but the error may persist due to any possible reason. To get rid of this technical hiccup, you can contact a professional QuickBooks error support team to get an immediate response. All you need is to dial an error support helpline number 1.855.738.2784, and dedicated professionals will assist you with the problem until it is resolved.
Does running QuickBooks in selective startup mode get rid of error 1612?
Yes, you can try running the application in the selective startup mode to ensure no other application interferes with QB functioning. Implement the following steps for the same:
- Go to the Start window and type Run to open the Run dialog box. Alternatively, you can press Windows + R keys for the same result.
- Type MSConfig in the Run window that opens and press Enter.
- Now, under the General tab, select Startup> Services.
- Hit the Hide all Microsoft services button.
- Disable the rest and click the checkbox stating Clear all Microsoft Providers.
- Hit OK and restart the system configuration window.
- Now, to switch back to the normal startup mode after setting up QuickBooks in selective startup, repeat the first 2 steps.
- Under the General tab, now choose Normal startup.
- Confirm the choice by pressing OK and restarting the system.
How does Microsoft Runtime Library cause error 1612?
The Microsoft Runtime Library causes error 1612 when its installation becomes incomplete. It interrupts the QB update and flashes the error message indication error 1612.
Related Posts –
Step Wise Troubleshooting Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1920
A Detailed Guide to Getting Rid of QuickBooks Error 12152
A Detailed Guide to Getting Rid of QuickBooks Error 12152
RESOLVE QuickBooks Update Error 15243 EFFORTLESSLY