Payments are usually imbursed twice in a month as paychecks in most of the SMBs. However, in an unlikely event, these paychecks could come out as faulty with unaligned characters that could turn them into useless paper stubs. Delays in payments to employees would further create problems for your venture. In order to avoid this misadventure further, you would need to align preprinted paychecks in QuickBooks Full-Service Payroll. Read till the end of the blog to find out more about it.
The process to align paychecks consists of complicated steps and various technical terms. In case you need extra assistance on the line, dial +1- 855 738 2784 and get a professional to help you anytime
How to Align Checks in QuickBooks Full Service Payroll?
In order to complete Intuit® Full Service Payroll paycheck alignment successfully, follow the given instructions step-by-step.
- Open your QuickBooks Online Payroll Full Service and log in to it.
- Click on the Gear-shape icon at the top-right corner to open Settings and choose Payroll Settings.
- There will be a Print Preferences section in the Payroll Settings window.
- Make sure that the Pre-printed QuickBooks-compatible check paper is selected and then choose whether you want to print one or two stubs along with the check.
- Click on the Align Check button, and as a new section pops-up on the right side of the screen, select the Print Alignment Form button.
- The Print Alignment Form will look something like this.
- There are three steps to change the paycheck printing setting in QuickBooks Payroll Full Service, and clicking on the previous button will complete the first step.
- Now, hold the print alignment form up with a blank check and look for the letter and number that is aligning with the Pay to the Order of line and the Dollar sign, respectively.
- In the two boxes of step two, put up the letter and number above the Pay to the Order of line and completely right to the Dollar sign, respectively.
Note: Put the number and letter to fulfill the needs of your scenario of shifting the content of the paycheck. To make the right selection, check the scenarios list first.
- In step three, check if the changes made by you are correct by clicking on Print Sample Check.
- If the changes are not convincing, try to align them again by going back to step two.
- At last, click on Save.
Important: During the second step, if your Google Chrome does not open the PDF page but instead opens a blank page, follow these steps to make adjustments in its settings.
- Open Chrome and click on the three-dots below the close (X) button to open the menu.
- Click on Settings and then select Advanced dropdown.
- Select Content Settings and then click on PDF documents.
- Make sure that the option for Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome is turned off.
What are the alignment scenarios for the unaligned paycheck?
Below are given the scenarios and instructions on how to fix print alignment for pre-printed checks in Online Payroll Full Service. Let’s assume that J and 6 are your current paycheck settings in the Printer setup preference.
- If the check is printing too high, choose a letter between K to X to move the content downwards to align with the rest of the check.
- In case the check is printing too low, choose a letter between A to I to move the content upwards to align it properly with the check.
- If the check is printing too far right, put a number between 7 to 9 in the box to shift it accordingly.
- If the check is printing too far left, put a number between 1 to 5 in the box to make the right for the paycheck alignment.
In the end, we would like to put the drapes off for our blog on how to align preprinted paychecks in QuickBooks Full Service Payroll. We hope that the information put down here will be relevant to your searched queries and helps you resolve all of your issues. On a different note, if you need additional support on the problem, call on the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784 anytime to get immediate assistance.