Many users complain about facing the TurboTax error code 1921 abruptly on their respective computer systems most of the time. It is an issue that does not let you open the software and displays a message reading- Service ‘Intuit® Update Service’ (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services. It is clear that the error is related to the TurboTax updates and could leave your software outdated as it hinders the update process as well. In the blog below, we have mentioned some solutions that could help you to get rid of the problem. Read it till the end.
While the content below will expand the error’s origin and present a few tips to resolve it, you might face difficulty to procure the complex technical terms present in the solutions. However, external support is also available for your aid on 1.855.738.2784 anytime
What are the reasons behind the error 1921 on TurboTax?
If you understand the nature of the problem by studying the stimulus behind its existence, you can have a reliable solution for it and for future events as well. Below are mentioned some of the most common causes of the TurboTax error 1921 on a user’s computer. Check them out.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework could be facing issues or out of date.
- TurboTax is not completely installed on the computer.
- Sometimes, the user mistakenly deletes an important file related to the TurboTax, and that could also present the mentioned issue.
- The Windows Registry files are compromised in the system.
- There is a possibility that a malware or virus has entered and affected the TurboTax files in the system.
- A corrupted software has been installed on the system, which is causing the error.
What are the solutions for the Intuit® Update Service Error 1921?
There are multiple solutions that you could put into the use to resolve the TurboTax error code 1921. Here are some of them. Follow them step-by-step.
- One of the first things to do is to restart your system.
- Open the Task Manager by typing “Task Manager” in the search box and click on the topmost result.
- End all the running tasks, including TurboTax, and exit from it.
- Press the Windows Key and click on the Restart.
- Open TurboTax again, and if the error persists, try the next solution.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
- Type “services.msc” on the search bar and press enter.
- If you are using Windows 10, just press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys in the respective order to open the Task Manager. Click on the Services tab and select Open Services at the bottom.
- Sort the services in alphabetical order by clicking on the Name tab and look for Intuit® Update Service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click on the Startup Type, and make sure it’s not running and if it’s running, click on the Stop button on the Properties window.
- Set it to Automatic and click on Save.
However, after performing the above steps, you may receive an error message reading 1079 from Windows, stating that it can’t stop the Intuit® Update Service on the computer. In this case, follow these steps.
- Open the Service’s Properties window again by following the first five steps mentioned above.
- Click on the Log On tab and select the Browse button on the right.
- Enter your computer’s name in the last field and click on Check Names to authenticate the name.
- Click on OK and provide your administrator password if it prompts.
- Select OK to close the window.
- If you use Windows 10, right-click on the Windows logo and select the 11th option from the top- Windows Powershell (ADMIN).
- Type CMD in the Powershell console and wait for some time.
- Type wuauclt.exe/updatenow and press Enter.
- If there are any missing updates, the Windows will download it.
- Go to Microsoft’s official website look for the Microsoft.NET Framework’s installer.
- Select your language and click on the Download button.
- After the download is completed, go to your Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded file.
- Install the latest update of .NET Framework by following the instructions coming on the screen.
- Open TurboTax again to see if the error is resolved or not.
While concluding our blog on the TurboTax Error Code 1912 and its solutions, we would like to suggest another way to resolve the error in case if none of the solutions mentioned above work out for you. Dial the toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get a professional at your service to take you out of the problem anytime.