A common error that a Sage 50 user may encounter while downloading or installing an automatic update is Sage Error AUSE001. We will discuss all the troubleshooting steps in details further in the article before that we are going to list down the most common causes of this error.
A user can also contact us at +1- 855 738 2784 for expert’s help.
- Update service of Sage is unavailable.
- The application is unable to establish a secure connection with checking service host.
Steps to Troubleshoot and Resolve Sage Error AUSE001
- From the Windows Start menu select All Programs and from the top search bar search for Backup and Restore.
- Select Restore my Computer and click Next.
- Follow the steps on the screen to restore your computer to a previous restore point.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Sage and check if it is working correctly now.
- Visit any webpage for example (www.wikipedia.com) to make sure that your internet connection is working correctly.
- To check the availability of the update service visit the sage website ( trust.sage.com ) if the website is unavailable then wait for some time and try again.
- If you use a proxy server, then make sure all the proxy settings are properly configured.
- Ensure that, you are logged in as an administrator on your computer.
- Make sure, date and time on your computer match the date and time on the server computer. If you are not sure about these settings, call us at 1.855.738.2784.
If your issue is still not resolved, you can download and install updates manually from the Here. Once you visit the download page, click the version of Sage application you are using and log in with your Sage accounts login id and password. Once the download completes, double-click on the download file most probably you will find that under the downloads of your computer and proceed further with the installation instructions on the screen.
Call +1- 855 738 2784 if you want Expert Technicians to fix this error for you in a short time.