QuickBooks is one of the most successful applications in the accounting and bookkeeping world. Users across the globe trust QB to be the best program as it has a user-friendly interface, along with tools that are beneficial in reducing manual labour.
In the recent times, many users have reported an issue with their company file, known as – QuickBooks Error 6105. Mainly, when your data file is corrupted or the support/ component files are damaged, they become inaccessible, and thus, this error occurs. One of the quickest ways to erase this problem is to run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub. But, if that does not provide adequate support, go through our advisory blog below.
We realize that not all our QB users are tech savvy and might be unable to fix QuickBooks Error 6105 on their own. This is why we have put together a team of QB specialists to assist you with such queries. Ring them at 1.855.738.2784 for better help
What is QuickBooks Company File Error 6105?
QuickBooks Error 6105 is an error that a user faces while trying to access their company file. This may happen if the file has invalid entries, is damaged, encounters internal glitches, or becomes corrupted due to the presence of a virus inside the computer system. Another instance where this error shows up is when a user attempts to condense a large sized company file.
Why is QuickBooks Error Message 6105 Triggered?
If you are wondering how did QB Error Code 6105 is triggered on your device, here is a list of some common factors that will provide clarity on the reasons behind the same –
- The primary reason behind this error is a damaged QB company data file.
- If the component or support files for QuickBooks are corrupted, then also QuickBooks 6105 Error (While opening the company file) might occur.
- Incomplete download or installation of QuickBooks updates.
- Working on a corrupted Windows operating system.
- Incorrect file name or an invalid extension attached to the name of the file.
How do I Confirm QuickBooks Error Code 6105?
In order to identify QuickBooks Desktop Error 6105 in your program, look for the following signs on your computer. These will help you validate the error –
- QuickBooks might stop responding to user requests or may display a blank white screen.
- Your system might shut down suddenly without any warning.
- Other applications running on the system may also start facing a technical hiccup.
- The overall performance of your application will start declining.
- The user might be unable to click on the tabs or buttons in the QB window.
What is the Most Feasible Way to Resolve QuickBooks Company Data File Error 6105?
The best methods to resolve Error 6105 in QuickBooks have been listed and explained below. If one method does not help, jump on to the other, and also follow the instructions in the given order –
Option 1 – Execute the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility on your File
Damage or corruption in the company file can be cured by identifying and fixing the damage through in-built utilities of QuickBooks. This is how it is done –
- Press the File tab and scroll down to Utilities.
- Select the Verify Data option and click on OK to run the tool.
- This may take a few minutes to complete, after which either of the following messages will appear –
- “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data” means there is no issue.
- A particular error message will ask you to follow the prompt displayed on the screen.
- “Your data has lost integrity” indicates that you need to run the Rebuild Data tool.
- Go to File again, then Utility, and choose to Rebuild Data.
- Create a backup for your file and let the tool start running.
- Once the message “Rebuild has completed” comes up, you can close the window and launch QuickBooks.
Option 2 – Change the Extension of the QuickBooks Support Files
Damage in the QB files can be rectified only if the current files are made void and new ones are created. The best way to do this is to alter the extensions so that QB recreates them automatically –
- Open the folder that holds your QuickBooks files.
- Search for the below listed support files –
- Network data file – company file name.nd.
- Transaction log file – company file name.tlg.
- Select one of the files, right-click on it and click on Rename.
- In order to change the extension, type .OLD at the end of the file’s name.
- Follow the same steps for the other support file –
- Company file name.nd.OLD.
- Company file name.tlg.OLD.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Try to access your company file in QuickBooks Desktop to see that the error has disappeared.
Option 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
When you reinstall an application, the bugs with its current version are deleted permanently, and a fresh version is installed which is free from errors –
- Close your file and QuickBooks application.
- Tap on the Windows icon and type Control Panel in the search box.
- In the following window, click on the Programs and Features tab.
- Now, select Uninstall a Program to view a list of applications on the next screen.
- Locate and select QuickBooks Desktop and press the Uninstall/ Change button.
- Click OK and choose to Remove the program. Press Next.
- Follow the on-screen wizard to complete the process. And now your application has been uninstalled.
- Restart your computer.
- After this, you need to navigate to the folder in which QuickBooks files are stored.
- Search for the installation file and double-click on it to begin with the installation.
- Complete the process and restart your device again. Check if the issue is resolved in QuickBooks.
We have finally reached the end of our comprehensive blog on QuickBooks Error 6105. Hopefully, after going through the above facts, you were able to better understand and eradicate the error. However, if that is not the case and the problem recurs, it is best to consult an expert to look into this. Get in touch with our support staff at 1.855.738.2784.
Related Posts –