Most businesses choose QuickBooks as their primary accounting solution because of its helpful features and timely updates. The very first step to using QuickBooks is the installation, which is quite simple. However, sometimes users face an unprecedented issue while installing or updating the application, stating QuickBooks error 1625. The error message states that the installation is forbidden by the system’s policy when installing or updating QuickBooks. You can read more on this error in the blog below.
The QuickBooks error 1625 is one issue requiring you to maneuver your way through the QB and Microsoft applications. To get assistance from an expert, dial the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784 anytime
What is QuickBooks Error 1625?
To keep your application up and running at all times, you must regularly download the most recent updates from the official and trusted website. However, what if you encounter an error amidst all of this? QuickBooks Error 1625 is one such technical hiccup that users face when installing the latest updates or QuickBooks Desktop itself. This is validated by a corresponding warning that flashes along with the error, saying, “This installation is forbidden by system policy that occurs when installing or updating QuickBooks.” While a bug in the Windows Installer is the most provocative reason behind it, a minor security misconfiguration might also set off the same.
Prominent Factors that Influence QuickBooks Error 1625
To better understand how to get rid of the 1625 Error, we must look at some reasons that are responsible for bringing this error into the picture in the first place –
- If the device is missing the Windows Installer file or if it is a corrupted file, this error may come up.
- Operating QuickBooks or Windows as a regular user instead of as an Admin.
- If your computer system shutdowns while you refresh the information saved on it.
- Unintentional deletion of essential QB components and support files.
- The sudden virus invasion on your device or downloading a malicious program.
- The installation framework of your device has corruption.
Instant Solutions to Fix the QuickBooks Update Error 1625?
There are many ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 1625. Below are the proven ones.
Solution- 1: Turn off the Non-admin Prohibition
Some computer systems are configured to ask for admin privileges while performing an installation on them. To change the settings and go on with the installation without the QuickBooks error code 1625, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
- Type gpedit.msc in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Go to the Local Group Policy Editor window and select Local Computer Policy.
- Visit the Computer Configuration tab and choose Windows Settings.
- Choose the Administrative Templates option and double-click on Windows Components.
- Choose Windows Installer and navigate to Applying vendor-signed updates.
- Look for the Prohibit non-administrators option and double-click on it.
- Turn the slider to the Disabled option and select OK.
- Restart your computer and try to install or update the QuickBooks again.
Solution- 2: Turn off the UAC Settings
The prompts of error 1625 while updating QuickBooks can be dismantled manually by changing the UAC settings through the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Key to open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel and go to User Accounts.
- Choose the User Accounts again and click on Change User Account Control Settings.
- Click on the Continue button if the UAC window asks for confirmation.
- Turn the slider down to the Never Notify option and click on the OK button.
- Restart the system and try to install the updates again.
Solution 3: Make Changes to the Computer’s Software Restriction Policy
The software restriction policy identifies programs and runs them on a domain. The same policy can be behind the problem, and the user should upend it to allow QuickBooks to install the updates by following the steps mentioned below.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and click on System and Security tab.
- Go to Administrative Tools and choose the Local Security Settings option.
- Select Software Restriction Policies, and if there are no restrictions, look for the Software Restriction Policy Node and right-click on it.
- Click on New Software Restriction Policy and double-click on the Enforcement.
- Under the Enforcement Properties window, click on the All users except local administrators option.
- Select OK and restart your system.
Solution- 4: Update the Windows Drivers
The Windows drivers can work fine one day; the other day, they might go obsolete after updating your Windows and not the drivers. If that’s the case, go to the Windows Update section in the Settings and look for any additional updates to refresh the drivers.
Solution- 5: Ensure Windows Installer Service is Enabled
Windows MSI service must be enabled in order to install any application. If this service is disabled, you will likely face error 1625 while installing QuickBooks Desktop. Thus, with this solution, we will enable MSI service and retry to install and update QuickBooks to check if this resolves the error.
- Launch the Run window using the Windows + R shortcut command.
- Launch the services window by running the services.msc command.
- Now scroll down the list of services on the system to locate Windows Installer service.
- Go to its properties by double-clicking it and move to the General tab.
- Choose the Automatic option from the Startup Type drop-down menu.
- Now go to the Service Status and click Start.
- This will enable the service, and you must now click Apply and OK to save the changes.
In the end, while we finish our blog on the QuickBooks error 1625, we hope the readers can easily understand the content and help them resolve the problem. However, if that doesn’t happen, feel free to contact us at our helpline number +1- 855 738 2784 to get external help from the experts.
Can QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool Help Fix QuickBooks Error 1625?
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can definitely help fix installation and update errors like 1625 in QuickBooks. All you need to do is to install QuickBooks Tool Hub and move to the Installation Issues tab to launch QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Once the installation issues are identified and resolved using the Install Diagnostic Tool, you can retry to install QuickBooks Desktop and update it to check if the error is resolved.
Can Fixing Windows Installer Package Resolve Error 1625 in QuickBooks?
Yes, repairing Windows Installer can help resolve installation errors like 1625 in QuickBooks. You can try restarting your Windows to fix general issues with Windows Installer.
How do I know if QuickBooks Installation is Affected by Error 1625?
In most of the cases, when the QuickBooks installation is affected by error 1625, you will get an error message on your screen that reads ‘Intel Software Installer. This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.’