QuickBooks application tooled with payroll subscription imparts additional benefits to its users. The payroll tasks such as paying employees, calculating and filing their taxes are done without hassle. The software has added advantage, yet can be prone to QuickBooks Payroll Internet Connection Errors. These errors pop up when the user tries to update the payroll or download the payroll update file. Certain errors that a user can encounter when downloading payroll are IC67186429, IC67186457, IC6718407, and 2079784187. In this blog we have listed a few tips using which you can easily recognize the error and troubleshooting steps for their resolution.
You can also Call Payroll Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Troubleshooting Help and Guidance
Reasons behind Internet Connection Errors while Running QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
Internet Connection Errors while Running QuickBooks Desktop Payroll could result from one of the following reasons:
- Inaccurate service key used for the payroll subscription.
- The browser you use does not have Intuit® as a trusted site.
- Firewall settings creating QuickBooks Payroll Internet Connection Error.
- The system date and time settings are not correct.
Troubleshooting steps to get rid of QuickBooks IC Error
Method 1: Verify that QB Desktop Payroll subscription is active
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click on Employees.
- Select My payroll Service and then click Account/Billing Information. See for the status of payroll subscription. It must be set to Active.
- Click on Close and QuickBooks must connect to the server.
Method 2: Correct the computer’s date and time
- On the lower right of the system is where the date and time is displayed. Right-click on it and select Adjust Date/Time.
- Set the correct date and time.
- Click on Apply and OK.
NOTE: If you are having issues activating QuickBooks Payroll subscription then follow our article on QuickBooks cannot verify Payroll subscription.
Method 3: Add Intuit® as a trusted site in the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and select Tools.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Then hit the Security tab to select Trusted Sites
- Click on the Sites
- In the Add this website to the zone box enter: *.intuit.com.
- Click to clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone
- Select Close and then Ok.
Method 4: Update the Internet Settings
- Open Internet Explorer and on top right corner click on Tools.
- From the drop-down list select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, check mark Temporary Internet files, then select Delete.
- Next, select Connections tab and click on LAN Settings.
- Mark the checkbox next to Automatically Detect Settings.
- Make sure Proxy servers are blank, unless you use one.
- Click on OK
- On the Advanced tab, go about 3/4 of the way down the list.
- Make sure both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked.
- If marked, please clear the box next to Check for publisher’s certificate.
- On the same Advanced tab, scroll down towards the bottom and make sure:
- TLS 1.2 is checked.
- TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not checked.
- If marked, clear the checkbox.
Method 5: Configure the firewall security settings
The following QuickBooks files must be allowed access through the firewall software so as to remove the QuickBooks IC Error.
- qbw32.exe (QuickBooks Desktop executable file)
- qbupdate.exe (QuickBooks update executable file)
NOTE: For verifying the ports to remove Problem Downloading Payroll Update, follow article How to Check Open TCP/IP Ports in Windows.
Method 6: Verify that your service key is accurate
- Click on Employees in the QuickBooks Desktop and then select My Payroll Service.
- Choose Manage Service Key.
- From the QuickBooks Service Keys window, select Edit on your payroll service that is listed.
- Select Edit, and take note of the service key.
- Click on Add and enter the Service Key in the Field provided.
- Select Next and then Finish.
- When the Payroll Update message appears, select OK.
- Verify the Service Status shows Active and then click on OK.
With an in-depth discussion into the common QuickBooks Payroll Internet Connection Errors, we hope the steps above will resolve it. In scenarios where you are unable to follow up to resolve the issue, contact the support number. The technical team available at +1- 855 738 2784 is aimed to get the issue solved for you. The support procedure includes finding the cause of the error and finally solve it so that you can get back on track with payroll.