EIN or Employer Identification Number also known as tax id is a nine digit number used by the IRS for keeping a business’s tax liability records. Most of the QuickBooks users who require adding an EIN to their QuickBooks Payroll Subscription need some specific information like zip code, service key, and EIN. This article will guide you through each step to add EIN to QuickBooks payroll account along with some of the restrictions and requirements. For complete and in-depth information, follow the article till the end.
Call Payroll Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 & Get Help Adding EIN to your QuickBooks Payroll
Restrictions and Requirements for Adding EIN to QuickBooks Payroll 2017 and Earlier
- You will need the same device and the same QuickBooks Desktop payroll account if you want to process payroll for more than one company with only one payroll subscription.
- Do not use more than one company files under the same Employer Identification Number and same QuickBooks Payroll account because QuickBooks Payroll is designed to hold only one company file for every EIN and it might trigger errors.
- Payroll subscription information like contact info and payroll admin must be same for every company you add under your payroll subscription.
- QuickBooks allows only a fixed number of companies to be added under your Payroll subscription for an example if you have a subscription of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll then you can add up to 3 companies.
- Make sure you never share your service key with anyone as it can reveal your payroll subscription account information to unknown users.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription and Most Recent Payroll Tax Tables before running the payroll for your employees
Step by Step Method to Add EIN to QuickBooks Desktop
Payroll account (For QB Desktop 2017 and Previous Versions)
- Open QuickBooks and from under the Payroll tab select Employees.
- Click Use My Existing Payroll Service.
- Now select Use Subscription Number XXXXXXX [Payroll Subscription Version] from the Identify Subscription option.
- In case if you don’t find the option that shows you your subscription then click Other: I have an existing subscription and a Zip Code and enter the required information.
- Click Next in the Add Company Information screen to enter your EIN.
- Now get a print by clicking the Print button or get back to the Desktop by selecting the Return to QuickBooks Desktop button.
- Now for the Service Key activation click My Payroll Services under the Employees tab and then click Manage Service key.
- Click View and QuickBooks will show the new Service Key with Active Status.
If you have mistakenly entered wrong EIN or your EIN has been changed then you will need to correct the EIN with QuickBooks Payroll. Follow our article Change EIN in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll for detailed instructions.
If you have an updated version of QuickBooks payroll, 2018 or 2019 then you can get in touch with us at Payroll Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 to add ein to QuickBooks payroll or your company under your QB Payroll account. You can also call us if you are facing any issues while adding EIN or company to your payroll account, our certified payroll experts are always ready to assist you and are available 24/7 for continuous support.
Related Search Terms: Adding EIN to QuickBooks Payroll, How to add an EIN to existing QuickBooks desktop payroll basic standard or enhanced subscription, add EIN to Payroll, How to add an EIN to existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, QuickBooks add EIN to Payroll subscription, How do I add an EIN to QuickBooks Payroll?, Connect Payroll to my EIN, Payroll service key error code 20004, How to add EIN number in QB Payroll, Add QuickBooks EIN number